What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Ghostbusters

Right ramp on the Pro is a joke. Shot it a dozen times and it just jumped up the ramp and stalled.
Didn't find the outlanes too brutal. Certainly no worse than Walking Dead.
Flipper gap is ludicrous. So much so that it effects the way you play the game. Regular end of flipper saves are not possible due to the gap. There is too much space for one flipper to flick the ball onto the second flipper to save the ball.

Flipper gap is a non issue, this game is crying out to be nudged!
Right ramp is easily manageable. I can think of dozens of shots on other games which are harder.
Even on GB the left captive balls - (for Storage facility MB) is trickier to hit on the fly!
Play better ;-)

Flipper gap is a non issue, this game is crying out to be nudged!
Right ramp is easily manageable. I can think of dozens of shots on other games which are harder.
Even on GB the left captive balls - (for Storage facility MB) is trickier to hit on the fly!
Play better ;-)
I know how to play pinball thank you very much !

Ok, so had a morning on my ghostbuster pro today after a break from it due to being so busy with work.

So new grand champion score is now (v1.05 code on 3 ball)

IMG_6849.JPG

Also having left it mainly factory settings until now i've made a few more adjustments and (as you would expect from me) noticed a few more issues with the code...

Firstly i'm still convinced they messed up something in the newer updates regarding the slimmer sensitivity as even on v1.05 its still not as good as v0.9. This time i even went to the bother of readjusting the wire and ball thing so its in the middle, which does make it better but having not adjusted anything on v.09 theres something else at work here....

IMG_6845.jpg

Second, i made the adjustments Kev mentioned to the scolarei brother drop targets which has stopped any major air balls now, so that's sorted. I did also noticed that afar 200 games or so they were less 'catapult' to

Third is adjustments. I've changed the following coil power. Seems Stern really cranked up the ms levels which just seem to high in my opinion

Slingshot Power : 15 - This makes the game much less dangerous with a lot less left/right ball drains and other annoying randomness

IMG_6847.JPG

Left Eject Power: 20 - The ball now feeds nicely to the left flipper each time instead of begin like the Jurassic park raptor shot
Subway Eject Power: 20 - Helps feed the ball nicely, which with upping the ball save time here makes it a nice mid ball game shot.

Forth is code again. There's something up with the multiball lock lamp and /or multiball lock rules. Seems that you now get random ball locks when the lamp isn't lit which is very confusing? Anyone else noticed this - Kev? Of course on v0.9 it was working fine... My understanding of this rule is, 2 shots to the library captive balls so that you have 2 loaded. This lites lock , then you lock 3 round the left ramp.

I know i got a lock more than once when the playfield lamp was off and no balls were captured in the library. Very strange. Let me know if you noticed this to

Is this what's confusing you Jim?
added in V1.05................" Storage Facility will now light for one lock on 10, 30, and 50 ghost caught "
This was added to make it easier to start multiball as one of the initial complaints was how hard it is to achieve ( compared to other games )

Is this what's confusing you Jim?
added in V1.05................" Storage Facility will now light for one lock on 10, 30, and 50 ghost caught "
This was added to make it easier to start multiball as one of the initial complaints was how hard it is to achieve ( compared to other games )

Yeah I'm aware of that but somethings not right as the lamp isn't always lighting for this and it seems to cancel out /break the normal rule . See pic below. 2 in library and lock lamp off

image.jpeg

I haven't noticed any strangeness myself, I'll have a few games tonight see if I can spot anything. As gringo said though 2nd time around all 3 balls have to complete the captive ball loop ( I think! :confused: ) to give whatever awards are lit. Other than that maybe you have a switch needs adjusting in that captive ball area?

I haven't noticed any strangeness myself, I'll have a few games tonight see if I can spot anything. As gringo said though 2nd time around all 3 balls have to complete the captive ball loop ( I think! :confused: ) to give whatever awards are lit. Other than that maybe you have a switch needs adjusting in that captive ball area?

Its code, not switches.....

and i don't like the add on rule for lock. The 2 ways to do it confuse each other. Bad choice in my view dwight

Right Then, here's my take on what's up with the lock code. Having played it again this morning i've noticed the following.

Scenario 1:

Ball 1, First time for Multiball

1) Started 'We Got one' mode
2) Locked 1 Ball into Library capture
3) Made 10 ghosts and lock lamp lit
4) Locked a ball - animation saying ball lock 1
5) Locked 2nd ball into Library - Lock lit playfield lamp stayed off and ramp shot did not lock ball

So, as suspected the ghosts caught lock lighting rule is cancelling out the library progress, or the game is forgetting to check the number of balls in the library each time after a lock etc

Scenario 2:

1) Ghosts caught is 9 , or 19 etc and ghost lamp is lit for left lamp
2) Shooting left ramp causes ghosts caught to roll to lock light number and ball is locked instantly whilst ball is on ramp. Lock lamp never lights

Try this out yourselves and see what you get - code has to be v1.05 :)

I was just having a pretty decent game, on stay puft and needed right ramp, i hit it so clean it flew all the way round to the top of the left ramp and registered as if I'd hit the left ramp and not the right !mneedless to say i didn't hit the right ramp again and drained to end the game....

I've had literally hundreds of games on it and this has never happened before, has it happened to anyone else ??? Stupid bloody thing :mad:

I was just having a pretty decent game, on stay puft and needed right ramp, i hit it so clean it flew all the way round to the top of the left ramp and registered as if I'd hit the left ramp and not the right !mneedless to say i didn't hit the right ramp again and drained to end the game....

I've had literally hundreds of games on it and this has never happened before, has it happened to anyone else ??? Stupid bloody thing :mad:

Yes, exactly the same thing has happened to me, right ramp registered as left ramp shot. I really wish they had fitted different switches or switch actuators on the ramp, almost impossible to setup perfectly, optos would have been better.

Ha i suppose it's good to know its happened to others as well, maybe they should make the right ramp harder to hit clean ... ;)

I've also noticed what @myPinballs was saying about not lighting storage facility after hitting two captive balls. There was so much going on i couldn't really see what the state of the game was to cause this, i kind of just thought one of the captive ball hits was a but weak and the switch didn't register but I have no idea really.

yes

Good call. another issue with under playfield master slave serial boards by the looks of it and cost cutting on protection side. Assembly production mistakes become more costly

Still can't believe they dropped the HV coin door disable switch to. Seems that's an optional extra now to???
Looks like an opportunity to develop a new board Jim ?

Looks like an opportunity to develop a new board Jim ?

Yes i will need to look into this, but a rest after NLP is needed first. Loooong weekend. Maybe its because i'm tired but i'm struggling to work out why stern would design a new board set without proper fuse protection??? (yes i know they want to save money, but still this is false economy) or without proper 'fail testing' .For some reason i thought there were fuses on the node boards, but need to have a proper look at all this now.

Having a major node board and associated slave boards killled by a simple short is not a good thing and doesn't bode well for spike games past or future if this is problem is not fully understood and addressed. Why develop systems that are going backwards in terms of reliability???

Yes i will need to look into this, but a rest after NLP is needed first. Loooong weekend. Maybe its because i'm tired but i'm struggling to work out why stern would design a new board set without proper fuse protection??? (yes i know they want to save money, but still this is false economy) or without proper 'fail testing' .For some reason i thought there were fuses on the node boards, but need to have a proper look at all this now.

Having a major node board and associated slave boards killled by a simple short is not a good thing and doesn't bode well for spike games past or future if this is problem is not fully understood and addressed. Why develop systems that are going backwards in terms of reliability???
Perhaps it was an innocent oversight of cost cutting ? Or perhaps it was a sinister attempt to sell lots of replacement boards in future ?

Whatever the reason it's bloody stupid.

Yes i will need to look into this, but a rest after NLP is needed first. Loooong weekend. Maybe its because i'm tired but i'm struggling to work out why stern would design a new board set without proper fuse protection???

not looked under my GB but the KISS I had did indeed have fuses on the node boards.

I really enjoyed getting to play some GB again at NLP. I didnt realise how much they had actually changed from the Pro version to the Premium. Even the way slimer moves around the playfield! I'd love to pick one up at some time in the future, but im not interested in paying the extra price for the premium over the Pro. What is everyone elses thoughts on the cost vs differences in the 2 versions?

I really enjoyed getting to play some GB again at NLP. I didnt realise how much they had actually changed from the Pro version to the Premium. Even the way slimer moves around the playfield! I'd love to pick one up at some time in the future, but im not interested in paying the extra price for the premium over the Pro. What is everyone elses thoughts on the cost vs differences in the 2 versions?

I'm biased but i think the pro is the best value for money pro out since they started the different versions

Back
Top Bottom