What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Ghostbusters

I really enjoyed getting to play some GB again at NLP. I didnt realise how much they had actually changed from the Pro version to the Premium. Even the way slimer moves around the playfield! I'd love to pick one up at some time in the future, but im not interested in paying the extra price for the premium over the Pro. What is everyone elses thoughts on the cost vs differences in the 2 versions?

I think the value difference is questionable (and I own a premium). I ordered the premium because JT has said that was the full design of the game, I don't think the gameplay on the pro is hugely missing from the premium. But some parts of the pro feel a bit sparse. I'm glad I got a premium but the price is over the top for the extra stuff on the premium..

Neil.

lack of fuse is pretty crap I agree. Think of all the games from he 90's that would be dead now if they hadn't done it properly.

New code released..... 1.10

CODE UPDATE - Stern Pinball has released code update version 1.10 forGhostbusters Pinball. The update is for Pro, Premium and LE models. This new version an all new video mode, a list of fixes and a load of tweaks!

Complete details can be found in the READ ME file attached with the update on our website.

http://www.sternpinball.com/game…/game-code-ghostbusters-pro

http://www.sternpinball.com/…/game-code-ghostbusters-premium

http://www.sternpinball.com/game-…/game-code-ghostbusters-le

Stern Pinball is committed to quality code. Stay tuned to our social media for more code updates on other titles coming soon!

PRO V1.10 - October 6, 2016
===========================
New:
- Added a new video mode called Don't Cross the Streams. You now may choose between "Negative Reinforcement" or "Don't Cross the Streams".
- Added Scare Feature adjustment
- Added TIME OUT MODES Adjustment; When a mode times out it will not require the player to restart it. It will not relight modes.
- Added MODE CONTINUE Adjustment; If you drain while a mode is running it will continue on the next ball.

Fixes:
- Loopin Supers was making the wrong speech call if you had 3X
Super lit before you started it. All Loopin Super awards
are 1X Super Jackpots.
- Eddy Murphy was spelled incorrectly.
- Ad-Libbed was spelled incorrectly.
- Shaker Motor Adjustment was not turning the shaker motor off when required.
- When you complete all nine modes the modes will all unlight now so you can play them all again.

Tweaks:
- Changed the sound of a couple timer sounds
- Tweaked instant info
- Changed GHOST letters to always reset to one shot away before bringing out Slimer on MEDIUM or EASY. Changed HARD to be less hard.
- All multiballs now light Add-a-ball at their start.
- Changed Skill shot for top lane P from +5X to +3X
- Changed dozens of speech calls to be a bit brighter.
- Tweaked the colors of modes and features
- Severely reduced how much the Gozer the Gozerian mode increases the Super Jackpot Value
- Made Slimer less sensitive when he first begins to decend.
- Increased the max ball save time from 15 seconds to 60 seconds
- Delayed Ball Search at end of modes when needed.

I thought there was talk of another 2 ball multiball being added, maybe there's more to come.

Still, sounds like some decent improvements, interesting to see what the new video mode is like...

Downloading as we speak then its time for a few games and to check if those bugs i found are sorted. I picked a good week to take a break :)

Cool update. Lots of tweaks, plus my earlier problems appear to be sorted now. Noticed a few other issues but thats for later.

The scare feature is cool, nearly had a heart attack ...

Have you left the new settings at default Jim? i.e. the mode timeout and continue on new ball settings? They make the game way too easy if left on, I've been getting to mass hysteria and We Came We Saw....etc far more often today.

I found a bug whilst already in a mode, if you chose the new video mode "don't cross the beams" it spits the ball out whilst the video mode starts, you get to play the video mode, but by the time it is over the ball is long gone with no ball save.
I am sure this will be fixed soon enough, I am sure I read guys on pin side with the same issue.

I also tested out midnight madness, I cheated a bit and changed my clock to see what happens. It is pretty cool, but probably more fun at the real time as a surprise.

Have you left the new settings at default Jim? i.e. the mode timeout and continue on new ball settings? They make the game way too easy if left on, I've been getting to mass hysteria and We Came We Saw....etc far more often today.

I have my game on 3 ball so having the continue mode is quite nice actually as you don't have to keep going back to the ghost target and hitting slimmer to restart where you were.

I found a small tweak needed where the ballroom mode was still saying shoot purple arrows but they'd changed this mode set to be a cyan arrow colour. doh!

I have my game on 3 ball so having the continue mode is quite nice actually as you don't have to keep going back to the ghost target and hitting slimmer to restart where you were.

I found a small tweak needed where the ballroom mode was still saying shoot purple arrows but they'd changed this mode set to be a cyan arrow colour. doh!

I have left the continue on so modes stay active from ball to ball but turned the mode timeout off ( it should actually be called mode timeout completion ) because that one in combination with the continue and the now " add a ball always lit at the start of multiball " really had made the game much, much easier than before, too easy to get to wizard modes.

Some colours were messed up before, they fixed thise and messed others up :confused:.

code is super buggy, lot of talk about it last night round ghostbusters table allegedly 1.11 is coming quickly, there are two ways to completely lock up the machine...

Neil,

Good job I'm away this weekend and don't have time to update then.

Hopefully v1.11 will be ready on my return

code is super buggy, lot of talk about it last night round ghostbusters table allegedly 1.11 is coming quickly, there are two ways to completely lock up the machine...

Neil,

Stern should have some sort of beta test program i think, as i know first hand what its like when you write and test things yourself. Letting others play it really helps with finding any bugs or issues and they often happen fairly quickly. Pinball machines are not easy things to write code for that is for certain, as there are so many different eventualities that can occur.

I haven't had my game lock up yet, i played a few hours on it and seemed pretty good though i was choosing 'don't cross the streams video mode' every time

Anyone else got the scare feature yet?

One thing to mention, i don't just update my game overwriting the sd cards data, i create a new clone first and keep the other safe. That way if it goes wrong or is a bug fest, then i can just swap back to the other version and carry on playing. A benefit of using sd cards for storage on spike games.

Jim - does the machine boot off the SDram card then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I spoke to Dwight and he knows about the crash bug and he says it's linked to the flipper buttons being pressed and a race condition - to avoid it he said as you select video mode just lay of the flippers a few seconds and it should avoid the crash... don't know if I u der stood that right - he wants to get a fix out ASAP but wouldn't be held to a date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still on 1.05. Was Finding it tricky to get to MH multiball often. So thought I'd try one game with 5 balls. Then this happened;
IMG_0221.JPG

Think I'll be putting it back to 3 soon.

I have to say - I absolutely LOVE this game, whilst its hard its so rewarding. Hit just under 400M today and am super happy, really teaches you to play pinball more precisely my game is getting better because of this game. If you haven't played it go find a machine asap.

Back
Top Bottom