What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky - Rick and Morty Pinball

I remember folks saying the same about games on phones and in app purchases!

only a few would steal it in my view.

Neil.
The difference being that most phone app purchases could be considered micro-transactions. Normally 99p, but rising.

If you've got 500million+ (figure from Google Play Store) people who have downloaded Clash of Clans, for example, if only 1% of them download an upgrade for 99p that's major money coming in.

There simply isn't that number of pinball owners, so to make it worth while for the company the cost of any download - whatever it may be - would have to be significantly more.

I don't think there would be enough people taking up those download offers to make it worth their while, so business case fails instantly.

Only time will tell...

See post 207.

But the business case for this isn’t that hard.

Connect the games to the internet already in progress, knock up a quick payments interface to stripe, hook code downloads to that. Probably £2K worth of topcoder work or an afternoon and Diet Coke multipack.

The reason the case fails is the techno ability of a lot of pinball operators is non-existent. Alternative would be to send the games out online with a cellular radio so the operator does nothing but that’s a lot more cash in the game that still might never be used. (most vending machines have this).

But it’s far easier for $pinballmaker simply to just bing another $200 on each game and not have to deal with any of this. As long as that happens then we are probably safe from madness like this, but I’m sure that there are a few at the pinball makers thinking - look at all that filthy lucre the game makers get for downloading a stupid dance... how can we do that in pinball? If you did it at a player level it could be decent money. I go back to a post on pinside where ghostbusters had a cool lightning effect based on the proton packs that they couldn’t fit in the BOM so pulled it. Loads of folks said make it an accessory and we will buy it... so stern does that and it’s a cash grab.

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
All the players seemed to be having a real good time playing this pin.
I’m not a psychologist or anything but I’ve watched a number of reveal streams by Danger. I can tell he was genuinely enjoying himself here.
Perhaps not so much on other recent releases but trying his best to look enthusiastic.

I think it looks fantastic- if anyone is thinking of dropping out on their order please let me know!

Is TMNT big again?

I was into them at primary school, but that was at least 30yrs ago!
My little fella loves em as much as I do, there’s been 2 recent movies with a much darker theme and maybe a hint of a 3rd but I’m hoping zombie yeti gets his art style around it and produces something as beautiful as GB & DP turned out.
Only time will tell but pinside seems rampant with rumours about one ATM

And still light years better than Stranger Things and Munsters.

have you played it? I hope so but Lot of folks said same about ACNC before playing it and its a total turd, Shame as the rules on it are great. I'm worried that R&M is a bit brick and mortar from both the streams.

Neil.

I only hope TMNT is the cartoon version as the movies are all really poor, but I'm not really big on that theme.

My little fella loves em as much as I do, there’s been 2 recent movies with a much darker theme and maybe a hint of a 3rd but I’m hoping zombie yeti gets his art style around it and produces something as beautiful as GB & DP turned out.
Only time will tell but pinside seems rampant with rumours about one ATM
Sounds like I have some turtle catching up to do. Must admit the artwork has been quite hit & miss of late. Jurassic Park look like an infants homework compared to DeadPool and GhostBusters. You’d think they’d unify their art department and general strategy a bit.

I have to be honest, I’m not a fan of TMNT.
Unless I’m mistaken, I think the cartoons started hitting TV in UK around 1987, I was aged 16 -17 years old so was more interested in going out getting pished in Glasgow + getting my hole......... sorry too much info...... 😂
I think the movie version turtles look more like Jaja Binks 😃

TMNT is top 3 dream themes for me. If they do it right I'll get one. TPF possible reveal? If they were miraculously to do either the late 80's cartoon, the original Eastman/Laird comic or the original movie version then it'll be amazing.

I only hope TMNT is the cartoon version as the movies are all really poor, but I'm not really big on that theme.
I’m always of the opinion theme is king which is why I’m stoked at the TMNT hype whether it be old school or the new wave I don’t care as long as the artist does it the justice it deserves with maybe references to both to keep all camps happy.
Both me and Gabe enjoyed the new movies even though he’s watched all the old school cartoons back to back several times. If Gabes happy I’m happy and bear in mind he chose DPLE over BM66LE and we both love DP far far better to the point the BM is probably going the the next caretaker sometime this year.

192B4E57-440A-4D7A-BEDA-6FB6527C9D9D.jpeg

That's soonish right? Late March ish? Is it pretty much confirmed to be Ninja Turtles or have people on Pinside got over excited?

maybe TPF but I doubt it. Stern will be using that to flog stranger things I expect.

There have been a bunch of TMNT cartoons with different design styles in the past decade. It’s a constant presence on Nickolodeon and continues to be a big theme for toys. It sounds like it will be Zombie Yeti on art so it’s likely to be his take on the theme (not a specific version of the cartoon or films), so I’m hopeful it will look fantastic. Better than JP or Stranger Things at least, which both look a bit bland to me.

Yeah that was the only disappointment with J-Park for me. The artwork on the cab looks like a dodgy Jurassic Park comic book spin off from 93. Turtles with Zombie Yeti going full Ghostbusters could be epic. Also, spinning pizza on the play field or bust. As for the newer Turtles cartoons, the Nickelodeon reboot from a few years ago was great. The newer Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is kinda lame design wise.

Yeah that was the only disappointment with J-Park for me. The artwork on the cab looks like a dodgy Jurassic Park comic book spin off from 93. Turtles with Zombie Yeti going full Ghostbusters could be epic. Also, spinning pizza on the play field or bust. As for the newer Turtles cartoons, the Nickelodeon reboot from a few years ago was great. The newer Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is kinda lame design wise.
I agree, ‘rise’ didn’t do it for me, but the previous version was really great!

have you played it? I hope so but Lot of folks said same about ACNC before playing it and its a total turd, Shame as the rules on it are great. I'm worried that R&M is a bit brick and mortar from both the streams.

Neil.
Of course I've not played r&m bit have the other two. Comparing the official stern stgs release and this r&m stream it's evident which is far more interesting. Have you a r&m on order? My only fear is the music is a bit TNA. Loving acnc and can make all the shots.

Stranger things is very early days yet the one it tilt is one of the first hundred and was on early code but the new code on it is much better already
There is some massive boo boos on ac code one reason I was fed up with mine was the amount of time I spent ****ing about with it trying to dial it in 2 big massive killers for me are if the servo is not set correctly then the ball drops in the cab so game over and glass off very limited ball search often glass of again and everything is made on a 3D printer when you pay 1k more than a stern pro I expect more

From what I watched of the Deadflip stream, I stand corrected on the pop on the left and the game overall.

Back
Top Bottom