What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky Pinball - Halloween

Well this game is a lot of fun and looks stunning . One thing i am struggling with is getting use to these ball subway lift things. I keep thinking the ball locks will be physical (there are 7 balls in it after all!) and that a shot to the scoop will come back out of the scoop. My brain is hardwired for 90s game it seems and i'm frazzled form a hectic pinball expo still :) ha ha ha

Build quality looks great to me. No issues that i can see. Much better than what people have said about previous spooky games afaict. Feels really solid.

Loving it!!

94A957FF-6763-4DE6-B811-AD76B91E72C8.jpeg695E97CE-37BE-473A-A681-DEBBEBB29660.jpegF0BED799-E095-4D57-8996-2304718117DB.jpeg1C0CD321-4577-4EBC-B2DB-F5FBCF923160.jpeg93AC8AC4-12EA-4054-96DE-CDE965EE7980.jpegBF23CD7D-925C-4FE9-91EA-8E91A0B11810.jpeg60FE93F8-B8CC-426D-9E66-C9624FEFB249.jpeg1106DEC5-274E-448D-9B85-942ABFF5583E.jpeg846F044E-0AC0-43C0-B3CF-93F8D891A8DC.jpeg7DF530E2-79A4-4C8B-9962-E19A37CB2366.jpeg054C14D7-1445-4538-9481-71FEC8B4C3EE.jpeg75525D15-C42A-4A77-9CE1-A5766AE32919.jpeg

Well this game is a lot of fun and looks stunning . One thing i am struggling with is getting use to these ball subway lift things. I keep thinking the ball locks will be physical (there are 7 balls in it after all!) and that a shot to the scoop will come back out of the scoop. My brain is hardwired for 90s game it seems and i'm frazzled form a hectic pinball expo still :) ha ha ha

Build quality looks great to me. No issues that i can see. Much better than what people have said about previous spooky games afaict. Feels really solid.

Loving it!!
You need those delays in the subway so you can concentrate working up top sometimes, I wanted it staged but now understand why they didn’t.
I was watching the screen and argh ball gone, all part of the learning curve😎

I checked mine over and build is really good like you say, glad I stuck with it now.

You need those delays in the subway so you can concentrate working up top sometimes, I wanted it staged but now understand why they didn’t.
I was watching the screen and argh ball gone, all part of the learning curve😎

I checked mine over and build is really good like you say, glad I stuck with it now.
The hardest thing to remember for me is the scoop. It feels like it should kick it back to your left flipper lol!!

I love the super skill shot drop target capture to 😎

I love the super skill shot drop target capture to 😎
Yep that and the dirty pool skill shot, select centre drop target at plunge, knock it down only then shoot to the top between the other two to the top level😎
Done that a couple times and very satisfying.

Yep that and the dirty pool skill shot, select centre drop target at plunge, knock it down only then shoot to the top between the other two to the top level😎
Done that a couple times and very satisfying.
Ok I feel like I need to learn a lot 🤣🤣but that is why I like new games. I have purposely avoided all game play, reviews and even games that were at expo in the usa so I can discover it all myself!! Gonna be a good weekend

Really loving this game, the layout, shots and features are great. I have no idea why people have been bashing these games on pinside. I also have zero bass speaker issues afaict. Its really fun and with one of the most original playfield layouts in years. Other games are getting sold before this one! The more you play it the more you see the code is good, a few things to improve but its better than how i've received many many stern titles!! And more updates to come for the next year so win win. Alien is a good game to, but in terms of enjoyment out of the gate (from unboxing), this game wins for me by quite a way. Nice to compare a few new titles.

IMG_4665.JPG

I only got the chance to play a few games on a Halloween when I was abroad earlier this year - good to hear that people are enjoying it (has to be one of the best art packages around? - side art is incredible imho)
My fav games are machines like Metallica, Walking Dead, Monster bash etc, which I think might be why I enjoyed Halloween so much, with the atmospheric lighting. Those that have now put a lot of time on the game; how would you compare gameplay wise to those other games I've listed?

I see Pinball Heaven have Blood sucker editions in stock?; is that correct?; or just a pre-order for when the next batch arrive @philpalmer ?

Hopefully there's a machine at a pinball club or something soon for me to get some proper time on, as if I'm waiting for a Metallica Premium for a long time, I think I'd consider getting a Halloween as a stop gap (although I am trying very hard to just be bloody patient he he)

They defo have the 'just one 1 game' feel. I love stacking the multiball you get from the middle playfield with a monster mode.

One thing i do wish is that there was a way to get back to the top playfield from the middle one.
Sounds good 👍🏻 - looking forward to hearing about the big code update which is apparently on the way.

Not a Halloween fan so theme a bit meh but I was seriously considering UM as I love the theme. Pre order time I decided to give it a miss as I had other irons in the fire then GZ was announced.
I can’t wait to play the game though and hopefully some point I will.
I do like the genuine feedback here from real buyers not justifiers talking everyone out of the games when they never intend to buy.
This is a common place thing and puts many off without even seeing or playing the pin.
Look at ST and JJPs POTC they both now in high demand and low in numbers here in the UK due to that very fact.

Just watching the SDTM review now - lighting and PF art work looks wicked.
Wonder how long it'll take for any used BS editions to start being listed - would certainly be tempting 👍🏻

So the sub is bolted down against the grill and maybe the cab stopping it from moving freely, well it was on mine anyway.
Fitted the spacer and used the original holes into t-nuts with longer pan heads and bolted all down nicely.
Big difference, the glass is flexing with the air movement and much more low clear bass than before.

Had to add more foam to the glass and turn down a touch, still a small amount of rattle but not too bad.

Will be connecting to my external sub soon but just want to see what the internal one is like for a while.

Also had to adjust one of the lift flaps as it was sticking up at the bottom, loosened one of the posts and it laid flat.

Its definitely a good game but I think you need to be a half decent player to get on with it!
3894CAA4-E41E-40A6-AD6D-8DB4274379F1.jpeg

Also had to adjust one of the lift flaps as it was sticking up at the bottom, loosened one of the posts and it laid flat.

I had the same issues here on the lhs, a small adjustment on one of the posts sorted it, but it started doing it again, so maybe the post needs securing tighter.

Also, had a small issue with my mode start lamp. The unit broke in half where the led is soldered together! The led itself is glued into the housing so its not that easy to swap a new led unit into it. The leds themselves need to be soldered all the way around the can tab not justin 2 small places. When the ball hits it all the force goes through this joint!

What are the equivalent Halloween mode start units like??

IMG_4736.JPGIMG_4737.JPGIMG_4738.JPG

What are the equivalent Halloween mode start units like??
I think they are the same kind of setup as yours, I have Vimtoman’s pumpkin leaves mod which gives it some protection.
Would be good to have some spares of those for breakages or just dying, if you are struggling to fix it we have no chance!

Flippers are pretty snappy and get some wild balls now and again!

Just about to pour a pint and play some before my mrs gets in from work😎

See how long my flap stays flat🤞It wasn’t causing an issue but once I noticed it was up a bit🤯😂

I think they are the same kind of setup as yours, I have Vimtoman’s pumpkin leaves mod which gives it some protection.
Would be good to have some spares of those for breakages or just dying, if you are struggling to fix it we have no chance!

Flippers are pretty snappy and get some wild balls now and again!

Just about to pour a pint and play some before my mrs gets in from work😎

See how long my flap stays flat🤞It wasn’t causing an issue but once I noticed it was up a bit🤯😂
Yeah glueing the led into place is not a great idea really. I can fix mine i think, but i'd rather have a new one and a spare to seeing as its only a week or so old.

Well my daughter called mid game to drop 3 grandkids off as doctor wants to see her urgently so that was short lived, she only lives 3 doors away.
Man kids are hard work, screaming the place down😫

• Haha
Reactions: PAX
Fixed my broken beta capsule part whilst waiting for my replacement. Spooky we’re very good and responded quickly and are shipping me (via Phil) a new part

To fix the original was not easy. Had to dig the old led out as was glued in seriously.

58C4A00D-2F69-44EB-898C-8B712DBC1CAB.jpeg

Anyone with a Halloween feel like the middle playfield needs a 1 way gate on the entrance scoop?? Would make controlling the ball on the flipper a lot easier

Anyone with a Halloween feel like the middle playfield needs a 1 way gate on the entrance scoop?? Would make controlling the ball on the flipper a lot easier
I’m ok with it, I hold the flipper up and it comes back. Find it easy on that level but with multiple balls it’s a different story.
On mine a one way gate would be good on the top level where the ball comes in as I can sometimes hit it back up and under that flap then it goes back down the centre ramp.

I’m ok with it, I hold the flipper up and it comes back. Find it easy on that level but with multiple balls it’s a different story.
On mine a one way gate would be good on the top level where the ball comes in as I can sometimes hit it back up and under that flap then it goes back down the centre ramp.
If I hold the flipper up to control the ball then often it goes back down the entrance ramp on the middle playfield. Does it not do that on yours?

How do you control the ball when you shoot up the ramp to the middle playfield ?

If I hold the flipper up to control the ball then often it goes back down the entrance ramp on the middle playfield. Does it not do that on yours?

How do you control the ball when you shoot up the ramp to the middle playfield ?
If I hold the flipper up when the ball goes up there it doesn’t go back down where it came from, can sometimes come back down via the top right hole though.
You can drop the flipper as it hits it to get better control but not easy as sometimes very fast and will come back to make your shot.

Well in stark contrast i had a lovely weekend playing on my ultraman and am still really enjoying it. I guess you dint really get into it as the monster battle modes have some really great shots and sequences to try and complete.

Back
Top Bottom