What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky Pinball - Halloween

Think they will have a little Halloween update before the big UM to fix the bugs they introduced in the last update including leaving out the cool shoot to the centre target then shoot through the middle of the outside 2 and up the ramp, there’s an annoying bug that lets the top playfield carry on so if you hit it over the bridge to the magnet it just holds it😖
Thats what I heard anyway.

You might want to clear coat the lockdown bar and side rails as it wears off, once the weather is right I’m doing mine.

Good shout re; clear coating - I'll have to see if there's anywhere local to me who'd do that for me (or have a go myself). In two minds whether or not to not worry about that and just let it age gracefully as it were:)
Annoying that the Dirty Pool shot is temporarily out; apparently it's a very satisfying shot.
On pinside I asked the Spooky guys (the Pinball Co. , not the clientel on there...) if they had fun stuff planned for the Judith Myers shot, and they reckon they have.

Have @Vimtoman 's scoop mod ready to put straight on and am looking forward to get stuck in. Only had the chance to have 1 or 2 games when I played it overseas last year, but have watched loads of YT footage of gameplay since then.

How much footage is currently in HW? Absolutely huge HW fan but just haven’t been grabbed by the game yet doesn’t seem to be much footage from the streams available.

I understand that they added some more clips in the last update (as well as improving the quality and sync)
I'm personally not too worried about having too many clips, unless they relate to brand new modes and such - I get the feeling from what I've seen that the game could do with some creative modes and more use of say the hedge scoops.
Time will tell, but I gather they'll annoy a lot of people if they don't pack a lot more stuff in.
From the streams I've watched (which im not sure were on latest code to be fair), it doesnt look like there's a huge amount to do at the momment.
Will be able to form my own opinion once I've been able to put a good few hours in on one - admittedly I'm taking a bit of a leap of faith with getting one 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Good shout re; clear coating - I'll have to see if there's anywhere local to me who'd do that for me (or have a go myself). In two minds whether or not to not worry about that and just let it age gracefully as it were:)
Annoying that the Dirty Pool shot is temporarily out; apparently it's a very satisfying shot.
On pinside I asked the Spooky guys (the Pinball Co. , not the clientel on there...) if they had fun stuff planned for the Judith Myers shot, and they reckon they have.

Have @Vimtoman 's scoop mod ready to put straight on and am looking forward to get stuck in. Only had the chance to have 1 or 2 games when I played it overseas last year, but have watched loads of YT footage of gameplay since then.
I was thinking about letting it age, give it that 70’s look😂

Too me watching video’s it seems boring but playing it is a different ball game, I really like it and can’t wait for the code updates. Still really good.
Oh yeah, check the cabinet sub as the surround touches the cab and it can’t move properly. I put a spacer on mine, much better.

How much footage is currently in HW? Absolutely huge HW fan but just haven’t been grabbed by the game yet doesn’t seem to be much footage from the streams available.
I think there is quite a bit now since the last update and quality is miles better.

I was thinking about letting it age, give it that 70’s look😂

Too me watching video’s it seems boring but playing it is a different ball game, I really like it and can’t wait for the code updates. Still really good.
Oh yeah, check the cabinet sub as the surround touches the cab and it can’t move properly. I put a spacer on mine, much better.
I know what you mean about it looking boring in vids, but it's weired when I played one I was really drawn in to it and really enjoyed it.
It's a shame that I have to have one side near a wall, as has to be the most beautiful cab artwork on anything I've seen. Luckily the right side will be visible, as that side edges it compared to the left maybe :)

I know what you mean about it looking boring in vids, but it's weired when I played one I was really drawn in to it and really enjoyed it.
It's a shame that I have to have one side near a wall, as has to be the most beautiful cab artwork on anything I've seen. Luckily the right side will be visible, as that side edges it compared to the left maybe :)
Anyone any idea how many halloweens hit uk shores?

As I understand it, out of the 1,500 (?) made, most are CEs as that's what the majority pre-ordered.
I juat like being able to play something I can't play anywhere else, as none that I know of (atleast near me) out to play in public.

Played one. I liked it @Den - aka Wolfgang

Was in a private house. The build quality seems better than previous games. Better boardset.
Good to know 👍
Although I played one at Jackbar, I could hear the audio well. Defo a game where being able to take in the atmosphere heightens the experience. Looking forward to switching all the lights off at home and having a few games :) (I do that with every game though; used to love playing Metallica that way after a long day at work 🤘🏻)

Now a member of the club 👍

Had a sound issue originally; very muffled sound and way too bassy (I'd already turned down all the knobs a bit on the sub woofer? Box inside the cab) -decided to open the backbox up and reseat the connectors to the monitor and that fixed the issue - very nice sound.

Have an issue now when one of the centre drops isn't resetting, but I'd imagine an easy fix.
Another thing, is a few times the ball has stopped resting on the metal parts instead of entering the inlanes, needing a nudge- as with the above, I'd imagine that this is just a wearing in issue.

Questions if I may; shouldn't CE's have like a numbered plaque or something on the backbox? (Mine doesn't)

Skill shot; am I imagining this, or should it require holding the left flipper in when plunging for an orbit launch to the left flipper (a la AFM)? On mine the ball goes round the orbit regardless on a full plung.

The flippers on mine feel unique; kind of stronger springs behind the flipper buttons, but don't need to press hard to engage (kind of like it)

I can't see anywhere in settings how to adjust the monitor via the service menu?; looks a little too bright or hight contrast at the momment.

Very addictive game - got Lantern MB a couple of times now and it's great (like pretty much everything on there so far I'm not sure what to do, but I'll learn!...)
Looking forward to having some multilayer soon so I can watch a bit of the screenn, as don't really get a chance when playing 😀

Updated to the latest code no problem (like having a USB port/lead accessible via the coin door 👍

Had a sound issue originally; very muffled sound and way too bassy (I'd already turned down all the knobs a bit on the sub woofer? Box inside the cab) -decided to open the backbox up and reseat the connectors to the monitor and that fixed the issue - very nice sound.

Have an issue now when one of the centre drops isn't resetting, but I'd imagine an easy fix.
Another thing, is a few times the ball has stopped resting on the metal parts instead of entering the inlanes, needing a nudge- as with the above, I'd imagine that this is just a wearing in issue.

Questions if I may; shouldn't CE's have like a numbered plaque or something on the backbox? (Mine doesn't)

Skill shot; am I imagining this, or should it require holding the left flipper in when plunging for an orbit launch to the left flipper (a la AFM)? On mine the ball goes round the orbit regardless on a full plung.

The flippers on mine feel unique; kind of stronger springs behind the flipper buttons, but don't need to press hard to engage (kind of like it)

I can't see anywhere in settings how to adjust the monitor via the service menu?; looks a little too bright or hight contrast at the momment.

Very addictive game - got Lantern MB a couple of times now and it's great (like pretty much everything on there so far I'm not sure what to do, but I'll learn!...)
Looking forward to having some multilayer soon so I can watch a bit of the screenn, as don't really get a chance when playing 😀

Updated to the latest code no problem (like having a USB port/lead accessible via the coin door 👍
Generally does have a plaque over the right speaker

The inlanes have spring steel flaps, the posts that hold them down can be loosened or tightened a bit to help.
Choose which target or standup with flippers for skill shot, full plunge goes all the way around and to left flipper. Nothing to stop it.
Not had a drop target issue yet, check in tests. Hopefully something simple, connection, spring etc.
Pull the display down, there are buttons to adjust monitor. It’s a pain but it will look washed out otherwise.
The sub will probably be touching the cab so can’t move as much air as it should, needs a spacer which they didn’t fit.
The amp controls are a bit crap, mainly the sub controls. Once set sounds good, if the amp volume is high you can get buzzing. Turn that down and the coin door volume up.
Enjoy😎

The inlanes have spring steel flaps, the posts that hold them down can be loosened or tightened a bit to help.
Choose which target or standup with flippers for skill shot, full plunge goes all the way around and to left flipper. Nothing to stop it.
Not had a drop target issue yet, check in tests. Hopefully something simple, connection, spring etc.
Pull the display down, there are buttons to adjust monitor. It’s a pain but it will look washed out otherwise.
The sub will probably be touching the cab so can’t move as much air as it should, needs a spacer which they didn’t fit.
The amp controls are a bit crap, mainly the sub controls. Once set sounds good, if the amp volume is high you can get buzzing. Turn that down and the coin door volume up.
Enjoy😎
Managed to sorted out the centre drop target bank; the left wasn't resetting and the other two weren't going all the way down.
Lifted the PF and discovered that the left had popped out of the metal mech, so wasn't being pushed up. Popped it back in to place and all three are fine now 👍
Got the sound sounding good now, but might add a little bit more sub back in.
Disabled the shaker for now, as is pretty heavy and didn't want to p off the neighbours who live in the flat below.
Thankfully the knocker isn't that loud, so have left that on 😀

Managed to sorted out the centre drop target bank; the left wasn't resetting and the other two weren't going all the way down.
Lifted the PF and discovered that the left had popped out of the metal mech, so wasn't being pushed up. Popped it back in to place and all three are fine now 👍
Got the sound sounding good now, but might add a little bit more sub back in.
Disabled the shaker for now, as is pretty heavy and didn't want to p off the neighbours who live in the flat below.
Thankfully the knocker isn't that loud, so have left that on 😀
Yeah that shaker can’t be doing the pin any good either, I need to adjust those weights to smooth it but a shaker power setting would be really helpful.
Someone adjusted their weights so it’s like a phone vibration, that would be better!
Yeah leave the knocker on as it sets it off like gun shots on some modes😎

Yeah that shaker can’t be doing the pin any good either, I need to adjust those weights to smooth it but a shaker power setting would be really helpful.
Someone adjusted their weights so it’s like a phone vibration, that would be better!
Yeah leave the knocker on as it sets it off like gun shots on some modes😎
I had a shaker in my Metallica, it felt like it was heavily vibrating the Pin rather than shaking it if you know what I mean. Like you I thought it can't be doing it any good. The one in my WOZ was much better.

I had a shaker in my Metallica, it felt like it was heavily vibrating the Pin rather than shaking it if you know what I mean. Like you I thought it can't be doing it any good. The one in my WOZ was much better.
The one in my old TWD was spot on, especially in Horde😎

I thought the shaker I put in the MET I used to have was actually not too bad; only time it went crazy was during Sparky MB which I don't mind. Have Guerilla rubber matts underneath my pin, so don't think it transfers too badly to neibours on thr floor below, but I like to be considerate.

Had a few more games on Halloween this morning and having a lot of fun - love the way you can continue Hedge MB by hitting the scoop/pumpkin; reminds me of CFTBL, one of my faves.

Even got an extra ball for the first time! (EB needs a decent animation- M.M slicing a ball?; lots of possibilities)

One annoying thing is at times the animations/video looks all pixilated like a crappy codex being used (not juat on movie footage; annimations)- I know they fixed that with Hedge MB footage in the latest FW, but they need to 100% it, as it looks bad.

What sort of scores is everyke getting ? Best I got this morning before work was 22.6M , which I'd imagine is low (especially as I had an EXtra ball).

Edit 34.4M best I've managed now - like being able to retry modes to finish them properly ; that sound/music which comes on for the hurry up is great :)

Attachments

• 20230217_120442.jpg
    20230217_120442.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom