What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky Pinball - Halloween

Yes I’ve done that in the past with Stern 4” backbox speakers but this is a 10” sub and needs an mdf ring to seal it and make a baffle which will give better bass.
The sub crossover filter is useless also as watched a review on the amp so might be worth fitting a passive sub xover but as soon as I can make a lead up it’s getting plugged into a 15” external sub anyway😂

Had some games today and I’m finding it a really good game, I just cringe when my wife is playing as she is smashing the ball all over the shop😖

I have turned the sub level off, backbox speakers are really good.
16684310939857330425965683878750.jpg

I have some MDF speaker mounts (made to use larger speakers but should still work)

Well in stark contrast i had a lovely weekend playing on my ultraman and am still really enjoying it. I guess you dint really get into it as the monster battle modes have some really great shots and sequences to try and complete.

I still think their best game is TNA

I can usually tell within 4 or 5 plays if I like a machine, Ultraman just felt meh.... Hence my comment of glad Stern got Godzilla, that was a dream theme for me and they delivered

I still think their best game is TNA

I can usually tell within 4 or 5 plays if I like a machine, Ultraman just felt meh.... Hence my comment of glad Stern got Godzilla, that was a dream theme for me and they delivered
I felt the exact opposite with them both. Guess it’s good there is variety in pinball . I have ‘stern game saturation’..

Played ultraman over the weekend and thought it was pretty good.

I didn't have a clue what was going on, and the ball launches from the inlanes threw me off until I was used to it, but I'd definitely have a few more goes if there was one closer to me.

Its time to move my game down to the basement. Head off and playfield out.

Not that straight forward with the wiring decisions from spooky....

Progress. 1 2 pin yellow/black cable that powers the backbox leds strips had to be cut which is not a good feeling. Will add a connector for this like it should have had originally!!!

AE94316F-CD71-4110-B3B2-0C967CB144FB.jpeg

Turns out you have to cut and add connectors for another yellow/black cable if you need to remove the playfield. It’s the power to the drop target opto bank

So that’s 2 cables in total for a full disassembly

Connectors must be expensive in the usa 🤣🤣🙄

Turns out you have to cut and add connectors for another yellow/black cable if you need to remove the playfield. It’s the power to the drop target opto bank

So that’s 2 cables in total for a full disassembly

Connectors must be expensive in the usa 🤣🤣🙄
Had UPS at the door the other day with a package from spooky, driver wanted £66. Told him take it back.
Expedited as well so not cheap postage, no way I’m paying for their cock up.
Was hard work just to get that then they can’t sort the customs out or maybe UPS trying it on as was for ‘government‘ charges not vat 🤔
Joke.

A few pics of the 2 connectors you need to add if you want to disassemble your game fully, ie backbox off and playfield out

There’s 1 loom to remove to take the backbox off with this cable needing cutting and a connector adding

0A913AD0-0B30-4BC7-8EE3-8908214CDB05.jpeg

And 2 looms to remove from the playfield and this cable to cut and connector to add

8C3D23E3-6254-42FE-B61E-104F6E44A332.jpeg

Mine failed first pass but I ran out of time this morning so will try later. Its a precarious process especially considering I used the same USB stick and method as when I successfully did the 1.08a update :eek:

I only got mine to update the other day to 1.08a thanks to someone giving me a usb stick with the file on, 2 other sticks didn't work.
I’m going to wait and see as I have a feeling there will be 1.09a coming soon😂

Thought there was going to be some added gameplay but looks like some polish which is welcome, people are loving it over on pinside.
Plenty more to come😎

Out of curiosity, has anyone managed to get UM code running on Halloween or visa versa? I remember a while back Spooky kind of said yet, but then I'm sure I read something more recently which said Spooky had done something to lock people out from doing that?

Out of curiosity, has anyone managed to get UM code running on Halloween or visa versa? I remember a while back Spooky kind of said yet, but then I'm sure I read something more recently which said Spooky had done something to lock people out from doing that?
Not tried it, but yes apparently locked out. Would be nice if someone cracks it though, @myPinballs😂
Someone with a spare mini pc could swop them out, everything else is the same surely? Unless there is something different about the driver board.

I wonder how many of each was sold in the uk , I know a load got cancelled when gameplay vids came out ? any one any idea? id assume ultra man would be lower than halloween

Not tried it, but yes apparently locked out. Would be nice if someone cracks it though, @myPinballs😂
Someone with a spare mini pc could swop them out, everything else is the same surely? Unless there is something different about the driver board.
**** me , locked out??? i bloody hope not. One of the reasons i bought into these games. 2 for 1 and Charlie even said it was possible on pinside i thought, the 'cheeky lying bastard'!!! lol

We are going to have to do something about that...

Certainly would be 'interesting' just to swap pcs over!!

Last edited:
Ah that's a shame:-( would be a bit of a novelty of course, but fun to try if you went through a spell of getting bored with it.

As a side note, I read that the new code is more tiding things up/bug foxes than anything? Will have a read on pinside, but is there any news of any significant content/rules/gameplay updates on the way? I played one back in June last year and so must've been on fairly early code, but liked it nonetheless.

Ah that's a shame:-( would be a bit of a novelty of course, but fun to try if you went through a spell of getting bored with it.

As a side note, I read that the new code is more tiding things up/bug foxes than anything? Will have a read on pinside, but is there any news of any significant content/rules/gameplay updates on the way? I played one back in June last year and so must've been on fairly early code, but liked it nonetheless.

There is a YEAR's worth of updates to come, and boy do we need them!!!!!

Polish is not going to cut it, we need big updates . The current code in my view is like a v0.5 at best. SO that means 5 more big updates to get to a decent v1.0

But having said that i do like playing it its a great concept and rule sheet, just i notice so many things that need attention. Like most sterns to be fair to... I really hope they stick to working on it as i don't want another rewrite project on my table... lol!!

From what I’m reading the code is less buggy with Halloween, I’m enjoying it even though it’s pretty tuff.
They have just updated Halloween (1.09) with more polish but still some bugs so I’m waiting for the next one which is due this month then they will be doing UM.

Seems they have employed some guy in New Zealand full time to finish it, he has the pins so hoping he smashes it and you can email him with bugs and ideas.
Still doesn’t have the final wizard mode yet not that I’m likely to see it anytime soon😂

I like it and that’s all that matters🤫

From what I’m reading the code is less buggy with Halloween, I’m enjoying it even though it’s pretty tuff.
They have just updated Halloween (1.09) with more polish but still some bugs so I’m waiting for the next one which is due this month then they will be doing UM.

Seems they have employed some guy in New Zealand full time to finish it, he has the pins so hoping he smashes it and you can email him with bugs and ideas.
Still doesn’t have the final wizard mode yet not that I’m likely to see it anytime soon😂

I like it and that’s all that matters🤫
Yeah I’m getting impatient for the 1.09 um code now

Had the bios screen tonight, son was visiting here with his girlfriend and she said she heard about this game and couldn’t wait to play it😂
Wife turned it on so I blamed her😁
Sods law right, had a usb stick I made with the reinstall on it. Had plenty to drink so was pretty chilled, I laughed and said sorry give me 5 and I will try and sought it.
Plugged the stick in and let it do it’s thing, less than 10 mins later game on🥳

Sh1t happens especially in pinball, meant to be fun right😎
Have a good weekend👻
350B8196-21E9-4B4C-850D-51D4EBB98CB9.jpeg
EE41C7E8-3877-4A04-8194-CD38C9D43790.jpeg

Afternoon all, barring a disaster, should have a CE arriving in a couple of days :)
Are there any things which i should take care to check before turning the machine on?; I gather from pinside posts it's worth check that there aren't any loose bolts etc, but anything else?

Still hoping that another new code update comes along soon; apparently in the last update they accidently removed a cool award for a shot up the right ramp if you shoot between 2 standups ?

Afternoon all, barring a disaster, should have a CE arriving in a couple of days :)
Are there any things which i should take care to check before turning the machine on?; I gather from pinside posts it's worth check that there aren't any loose bolts etc, but anything else?

Still hoping that another new code update comes along soon; apparently in the last update they accidently removed a cool award for a shot up the right ramp if you shoot between 2 standups ?

It’s ultraman next for an update so get in line ! Ha ha . Congrats on the purchase 👍🏻👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom