What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky Pinball - Halloween

Mine came lunchtime, with a bad back and nobody to help there was only one thing to do. Get it in the rooooooooom😂

Had a few games, adjusted the amp volume as maxed out and humming also adjusted the screen brightness/contrast as washed out a bit.

All working nicely and losing plenty of balls looking at the screen, hopefully the code update will come soon.

Early days but I like it, very different.
Looks amazing.
View attachment 184338
Looks like a ghost.

Screenshot_20221020-170927_kindlephoto-1205158240.png

Just taken the dog for a walk in the woods and there was a random pumpkin just laying there WTF
Yes I was tempted to grab it but didn’t want to get pranked, after school time so too risky😂
B82F6DEB-0425-4256-981B-592CA781119B.jpeg

Such a pretty looking game. Can’t help thinking the powder coat should’ve been pumpkin orange 🎃
It looks nicer in the flesh, has a veiny black/gold look. Autumn colour. I just hope mine doesn’t where off like others have.
Orange glow around the speakers is a pretty nice look.

Unfortunately when I pulled it off the pallett I bust the clasp on the back which gives extra support for the backbox
Snap! Me too. Luckily mine screwed back on and all ok.

Just taken the dog for a walk in the woods and there was a random pumpkin just laying there WTF
This morning on the radio just before mine was delivered I heard ‘don’t fear the reaper’ playing and I have not heard that for as long as I can think! Spooky lol 👀

He’s coming home 👻🎃

I recon they will 🙁 mine has blemishes on the speaker panel, I have reported it see pic.
It’s to do with the preperation, people were saying the powder coater cheaped out on it. It’s finger prints from handling apparently.
At least I don’t have that ‘yet’ but something else not right, some clown messed up!

Ultraman CE 296 reporting for duty!!

CD9065E0-2346-4031-832C-6C16AD4AB5AC.jpeg

Only got this far so far as I’m bloody knackered from my usa trip and the pallet is massive on these. Won’t go through my internal door way which is 790mm wide!!! Jesus Christ!!

65B60578-20B2-43C9-B71C-104470B48BCD.jpeg
Will do rest of setup tomorrow 😎

First thing I noticed was the shooter rod has been rubbing on the box! Will take a proper look tomorrow but maybe a new one needed !

C2AFEF81-C4C5-45A8-BE75-F3EC95C08AAE.jpeg3D353B10-60BC-460C-A036-C699FD9D64C1.jpeg

Blimey they pack these games well, gotta hand it to them. Best packed game I’ve seen overall. The pallet is half the weight of the game though, jeeez. Guess container shipping isn’t by weight but volume!!

2FB30A73-E927-4B03-897C-E1FD83D4D987.jpeg

My only real gripe at this stage is the vibration from the glass and the plastic rail, I've seen a few tips on pinside so I will need to look into them I recon

Guys, I was never happy with the sub. Sounded terrible, adjusted amp to no avail.
Today I was fitting Vimtoman’s house mod, a chance to have a good look around the guts (Get one if you haven’t already).
My sub is bolted straight to the base of the cab and the sub suspension/surround is jammed against the grill and wood so basically can’t move which explains the poor sound from it, has anyone got a spacer fitted to lift theirs up for free movement?

Attachments

• 0B4B405B-2F4E-4957-84F3-8EE957A85639.png
    0B4B405B-2F4E-4957-84F3-8EE957A85639.png
    198.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 6B945861-29F2-448D-B2A2-413FBB9BD174.jpeg
    6B945861-29F2-448D-B2A2-413FBB9BD174.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 35
  • 8A153DB0-16A2-47B1-BF1E-A9695D56603F.jpeg
    8A153DB0-16A2-47B1-BF1E-A9695D56603F.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 35
Guys, I was never happy with the sub. Sounded terrible, adjusted amp to no avail.
Today I was fitting Vimtoman’s house mod, a chance to have a good look around the guts (Get one if you haven’t already).
My sub is bolted straight to the base of the cab and the sub suspension/surround is jammed against the grill and wood so basically can’t move which explains the poor sound from it, has anyone got a spacer fitted to lift theirs up for free movement?
i will take a look at mine later and see what its like. Sounds like a spacer would certainly help

Mine is the same (installation wise I mean - bass seems ok), its only a cheap sub mind you and there is also a foam ring around the sub but I do agree it looks to be compressing the outer con against the grille - maybe try just removing the grille frst and see what its like? the grille is presumably only offering some mechanical protection? I am not convinced you will get a notable difference but worth a try.

My irritation with the sound is as above the glass and plastic guides vibrate like crazy and spoil all the really 'mood' sounds like entrance into the sanatarium mode!

Edit: just had a play on mine and the grille is actually flexible so is allowing movement allbeit some restriction

Last edited:
You reckon a cut post sleeve under each screw would work mate?

You reckon a cut post sleeve under each screw would work mate?
Yes I’ve done that in the past with Stern 4” backbox speakers but this is a 10” sub and needs an mdf ring to seal it and make a baffle which will give better bass.
The sub crossover filter is useless also as watched a review on the amp so might be worth fitting a passive sub xover but as soon as I can make a lead up it’s getting plugged into a 15” external sub anyway😂

Had some games today and I’m finding it a really good game, I just cringe when my wife is playing as she is smashing the ball all over the shop😖

I have turned the sub level off, backbox speakers are really good.

Mine is the same (installation wise I mean - bass seems ok), its only a cheap sub mind you and there is also a foam ring around the sub but I do agree it looks to be compressing the outer con against the grille - maybe try just removing the grille frst and see what its like? the grille is presumably only offering some mechanical protection? I am not convinced you will get a notable difference but worth a try.

My irritation with the sound is as above the glass and plastic guides vibrate like crazy and spoil all the really 'mood' sounds like entrance into the sanatarium mode!

Edit: just had a play on mine and the grille is actually flexible so is allowing movement allbeit some restriction
The sub cone touching the cab will make it rattle more, I fitted foam strip to the glass and virtually stopped it.

It will sound miles better when the cone is free to move, push your cone and you will see it’s not free to move easily.

as soon as I can make a lead up it’s getting plugged into a 15” external sub anyway😂
:) lol don't worry then, I bet that will make all the difference!

The sub cone touching the cab will make it rattle more,
If you take off the grille I thought the cone will sit in the hole? is the hole not big enough? it looks to me on mine like the grille is whats limiting movement, although as I said above its a flexible material.

I fitted foam strip to the glass and virtually stopped it.
you mean the self adhesive type stuff used for draughts? can you confirm what and I will defo follow your lead on that one Dave :)

:) lol don't worry then, I bet that will make all the difference!

If you take off the grille I thought the cone will sit in the hole? is the hole not big enough? it looks to me on mine like the grille is whats limiting movement, although as I said above its a flexible material.

you mean the self adhesive type stuff used for draughts? can you confirm what and I will defo follow your lead on that one Dave :)
Not sure the hole diameter is big enough, when I was underneath looking I thought it wasn’t. Need to take the speaker out and take grill out then replace and have a look.
Definitely bulging the grill by touching it.

The foam strip is very slim, came through Amazon a while back. Few mil wide, peel backing off and stick. I stuck about 450mm long each side in the middle below glass-on the glass.
If I can find it I will send you a link.

Have a look here - https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/anti-rattle-tape-a-nice-solution.42361/

I already ordered the one on eBay. Should be ok, hopefully the bolts will still reach the t-nuts as it’s only 12mm thick.
Let us know how you get on please and I will follow suit, I have ordered the tape for the glass rattles :thumbs:

No doubt you've seen the update about new code drop delayed and another new dev working on it/UM? was kinda excited about a Halloween code drop but would rather they release when ready.

Let us know how you get on please and I will follow suit, I have ordered the tape for the glass rattles :thumbs:

No doubt you've seen the update about new code drop delayed and another new dev working on it/UM? was kinda excited about a Halloween code drop but would rather they release when ready.
Will do, the tape will really help but I’m wondering how much more air will move in the cab once the sub is set free. Got a feeling the glass will be flexing with that 10” sub!
Also ordered all the leads to connect to my external sub, there are some really low sub bass sounds on Halloween so that’s going to be interesting on a 15” 400w sub👊

Yes a bit disappointing about the delay but rather they had it right with all the bug fixes and extras added than some of the previous attempts that they quickly had to fix.

This is a shooters game for sure, if you only like flow forget it with this. Plenty of flow games out there already.
Love it, footage just doesn’t do it justice as I’ve found out.

Back
Top Bottom