What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky Pinball - Halloween

Cabinet art looks really good on this. Think the constant music would drive me bonkers 🥴

Actually the music is not that bad, the Dr Loomis speech is more likely to annoy as its dead cheesy, but so was the film, that's the way I view (hear) it....

Actually the music is not that bad, the Dr Loomis speech is more likely to annoy as its dead cheesy, but so was the film, that's the way I view (hear) it....
Yeah when he says “ramp” especially😂
Listened to that music so many times it feels therapeutic☺️

Huge thank you to @Julian for letting myself and @Sam C come over tonight to test drive it.
I really enjoyed it, it is a great looking machine, I haven’t watched the movies as yet, but will make sure to watch them now.

It has a great atmosphere and the music and modes are very good.

There a lot of original ideas and shots on the game.
The shots in general are lot easier to make than say Alice Cooper.
For those of you who have preordered, rest assured you won’t be disappointed.
810A25D6-75B2-441F-860B-9B518213235F.jpeg
CE83FCF0-84A4-4CCC-904D-6769EAB8CACC.jpeg

Looks to be a bunch of good code fixes.

Anyone fancy coming over to the the Pinball Shed and playing Halloween or my other games just PM me.
Would love to come and try it out but so far away now😔
Hope you are liking it🤞

Would love to come and try it out but so far away now😔
Hope you are liking it🤞
Yeah loving it, its no Hobbit with gazillion modes but that's OK, it shoots well the modes are fun, as are the side things to do, and its really got that 'one more game' appeal.
Deffo a great game.

Yeah loving it, its no Hobbit with gazillion modes but that's OK, it shoots well the modes are fun, as are the side things to do, and its really got that 'one more game' appeal.
Deffo a great game.
Sounds good to me, no need to over complicate things sometimes. As long as it’s fun, sounds good and looks good, I’m happy. Oh and it doesn’t break that much🤠

Don’t know if this is an appropiate place to plonk this (?) : I came across it the other day sorting through some of my old ‘digital junk’. I concocted it as a joke for a pinball themed website I used to have many years ago . . .

Attachments

• tarot.jpg
    tarot.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 45
I played ultraman whilst in the US earlier this year and honestly glad I got out of this game. Its spooky's worst by a long way. I think I've never played a game that lacks _any_ flow like this game. And some really questionable design choices that I don't see how can be resolved in code.

Certainly seems to be a controversial game, not good when it’s going to be your one and only NIB game.

Still not decided what to do, just seen the butter cab and was thinking crap that’s another grand and on the other hand have been thinking of just wiping my mouth of it and losing a grand!

Seen some poor quality control and knowing what I’m like just not sure if Phil could handle my ‘disappointment’ 😂

They’ve lost Bowen and Scott Danesi and brought new folk in that lack experience on working with pinball machines. TBH I’ve watched the code updates and within a few mins I’m bored.

Last edited:
I wouldn't go for the butter cabinet for an international delivery.
Sure is a risk but just look at the finish, maybe I need to go to Benton and wrap it myself.
At least it will look good sitting there like CV and some of those other overrated pins I have owned and own.

Last edited:
They’ve lost Bowen and Scott Danesi and brought new folk in that lack experience on working with pinball machines. TBH I’ve watched rent code updates and 5mins in I’m bored.
They didn’t lose them as they never wanted them in on this one, been following all the BS on that.
I think we all thought Bowen was in on it which made us feel it was in safe hands sort of, mislead comes to mind.

History has shown some games come back like the Phoenix, TWD everyone was saying the design was off etc.
Then you have Thunderbirds!

If Spooky f this up they will struggle in the future and the pre order thing is just wrong, this game was nowhere near ready!

Got my fingers crossed but to be honest there are enough flow pins out there so something different from the norm can be good.

Needs tension, heart beating moments. More dark moments… light the playfield up gradually or follow the passage of ball as if your being watched, create the drama/Halloween theme under glass!

Currently my Scared Stiff does a way better job!

Agree but think you really need to have it in your own room to appreciate it which has been said quite a few times, they do need that ‘Horde’ moment/moments for sure.

It doesn’t look any worse than BSD and that’s a great pin to me, wish I kept mine. That was scary late at night down in the pinroom on your own😎

This is definitely not a good location pin in my opinion plus so many issues with silly things.

At least the flippers are snappy for a while😂

I actually really like playing it, sure its not GnR, but it shoots well, fun to play and has that one more game appeal.
Happy for anyone to come down and have a good go on it, just PM me.
Might take you up on that mate, my parents live in Acton and my dad isn't doing too good so would be good to visit him and could get on the south circular to see you while I’m in the area. Be good to get a feel for it👍

well on the boxes I've seen from spooky they've never been that greatly protected but if you think its ok happy to be wrong and stand corrected.

Cheers,
Neil.

Why not? It arrives in a box. Had the butter cab on ACNC and its lovely.
That’s good to hear as it looks gorgeous even from video footage.
They also wrap blankets around it for extra protection but obviously if someone puts a fork lift through it and drops it then it will be like the LOTR LE I had😡

Yeah the buttered Alice cooper I helped unbox had multiple blankets (like horse blankets) wrapped and taped around it then I think more cardboard before the outer box. I remember being impressed by how well it was wrapped. Was trying to find the video I took at the time but it seems to be long gone..

Back
Top Bottom