What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky Pinball - Halloween

New code out for both Halloween and UM 👌

Halloween:

What’s new in v1.10

Sanitarium mode
- added new menu option SANITARIUM TIMER
- EASY: 30 second timer, targets increase time, access middle playfield via center ramp > upper playfield
- MEDIUM: 30 second timer, only right ramp gets to middle playfield
- HARD: no timer and only right ramp gets to middle playfield

Tombstone Multiball
- Tombstone Multiball is now a featured 2-ball multiball. Orange shots award jackpots. Tombstone target awards super jackpot and increases jackpot values.
- Tombsone Multiball is stackable with other modes and multiballs.
- 2x scoring when Tombstone Multiball is running.
- qualifying shots for Tombstone Multiball will spawn hurry-up orange shots at the knife handles to qualify upcoming expert mode. Right now they just award points.
- lights for this are red now so they show through orange plastic protectors
- skipping the "Young Michael" video doesn't release the captured ball like it sometimes used to

- Eye of the Needle aka Dirty Pool shot is back! Shoot between the drop targets and up the ramp for 2x scoring and to instantly open the House
- when in House MB, you can hold a ball in the Sanitarium scoop for bigger jackpot scores
- when in Sanitarium MB, you can hold a ball on the balcony for bigger jackpot scores
- on screen instructions should display better, but these are still a work-in-progress, so bear with us
- new film clips added to many places
- moved the "active stack" info to the top left of screen
- menu option to turn extra balls off (option to turn off ballsave coming soon)
- when in pay-to-play mode, credits wont be used past four players (pesky kids won't be such an issue any more)
- double flipping no longer force skipping film clips that don't hold up play
- "speed kills" is louder
- ball search now behaving better, putting it on hold while you watch film clips, especially the long ones
- extra knock removed when Michael gets stabbed with the coat hanger
- Bob and Lynda "nail filing" video now plays properly with sound
- save ball timers start at the end of mode introduction videos
- screen should all look right now after entering initials for a high score
- fixed the tilt screen sometimes showing the scores UI
- fixed the menu screens sometimes bleeding drops!
- exiting the menu restarts the machine properly, shouldn't be any extra text hanging around on screen
- your USBs will now be freed up from "empty" log files being copied every time you put them in. Now they'll only appear if something actually went wrong. So if you see one, please email it to matt@spookypinball.com, thanks!
- crash screen (hopefully you never see this!) has much more useful information, if you can take a photo and send it to matt@spookypinball.com that would be amazing. Lots of extra code robustness added, and better error handling throughout the game
- cleaned out the menu option "servo settings" that didn't do anything
- lots more behind the scenes improvements and optimizations
- replay text can be turned off with menu option

Improvements AFTER this update is installed:
- Mac users can update as easily as everyone else going forward (see new details on the update page https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/hwn-um-update-process/ for how Mac users can install updates in the meantime)
- Machine settings will be saved across updates in future (unless they've been moved or changed in some way)

Installed the um v1.10 update on Sunday . Is miles better now :)
Annoyingly on Halloween they accidently removed the cool end of ball light show - will be back next update.

Haven't noticed too much different in the latest update (different for UM of course, as it was behind before), but I've managed to push up my GC score a bit (think it's still a little below 60M mind...)

Hoping the next update will tidy up some call out issues and add some more polish, but great game!

Yes, us ultra man owners had been waiting ALONG TIME for this update, but it was worth it. Much better now. The update process can be abit troublesome if you don't use specific usb drives and don't switch off to reboot straight away after updating. Hope this process gets more streamlined to.

Its also good that the coder is open to receiving bug lists/tweaks needed so I've been sending a few things over there.

Yes, us ultra man owners had been waiting ALONG TIME for this update, but it was worth it. Much better now. The update process can be abit troublesome if you don't use specific usb drives and don't switch off to reboot straight away after updating. Hope this process gets more streamlined to.

Its also good that the coder is open to receiving bug lists/tweaks needed so I've been sending a few things over there.

Do you still think there might be a way to jailbreak the system down the line to be able to switch between UM and Halloween?; would be awesome if Spooky diverge the code quite a bit.

It's great that M4tt and the Spooky gang are open to suggestions (I chimed in saying they need to make the 2 ball Judith MB a bit more of an event; some unique music would be a start), although as you've prob seen there discussion is currently around removing the balcony shot from a mode (which has already happened on UM), as it clashes a bit when stacking House (don't know what they are called on UM - apologies)

Had a bit of a long game last night and although I only completed a couple of modes, I survived enough to have visited all the modes (no Wizard Mode of any kind, as I didn't meet the required criteria, but would be nice to have something special to do when you get to that stage.

Just updated mine, big improvement. Sent Matt a bug I came across which was when I finished Bob and Linda’s demise and had Sanitarium running as well, I sent the ball across the balcony again and it just sat there until the timer run out and did a ball search.

The heart beat and clips on Judith Myers tombstone are pretty good.

Going to be a great game😎

Just updated mine, big improvement. Sent Matt a bug I came across which was when I finished Bob and Linda’s demise and had Sanitarium running as well, I sent the ball across the balcony again and it just sat there until the timer run out and did a ball search.

The heart beat and clips on Judith Myers tombstone are pretty good.

Going to be a great game😎
Had that happen last night too - I'd imagine they'll release a small update soon to fix some easy wins as it were.

I think the game has a certain charm and addictiveness; always feels like doing better on a mode is a little practice away* and not unfair or frustrating.

*need to put some practice in on the hedge shots, as can't hit them consistently and being sharp on those would garner a lot of points for hitting the hedge hurry up at the end of modes.

Speaking of Hedge MB; am I right in saying there are 3 to do? As per per Hedge 1, 2 and 3 PF inserts? (I think the most I've managed is one per game)
Originally I thought it would make sense to have them light corresponding with which ball(s) are locked (top, middle, or bottom), but they don't seem to act that way and I'm often unsure as to which hedges I've locked (the inserts in from of each hedge/lock flash, but I find it hard to tell sometimes - would be better if it was more obvious and that maybe when you need to lock a final hedge, that insert should strobe or flash a bit more intensely (without being distracting) or something/change colour

Had that happen last night too - I'd imagine they'll release a small update soon to fix some easy wins as it were.

I think the game has a certain charm and addictiveness; always feels like doing better on a mode is a little practice away* and not unfair or frustrating.

*need to put some practice in on the hedge shots, as can't hit them consistently and being sharp on those would garner a lot of points for hitting the hedge hurry up at the end of modes.

Speaking of Hedge MB; am I right in saying there are 3 to do? As per per Hedge 1, 2 and 3 PF inserts? (I think the most I've managed is one per game)
Originally I thought it would make sense to have them light corresponding with which ball(s) are locked (top, middle, or bottom), but they don't seem to act that way and I'm often unsure as to which hedges I've locked (the inserts in from of each hedge/lock flash, but I find it hard to tell sometimes - would be better if it was more obvious and that maybe when you need to lock a final hedge, that insert should strobe or flash a bit more intensely (without being distracting) or something/change colour
It is a bit confusing, I haven’t played it loads yet as waiting for the weather to warm up so I can clear coat the armour and waiting for better code😊
Hedge mb according to rules in video below is hit the revealed Michael to light hedge 1 and so on once all 3 are done then hit the 4th revealed Michael to get super jackpot and light hedge mb. There are loads of things to know to get jobs done, I’m finding things out the more I look into it. I’m in no hurry though as keeping this one.

Old rules video, things have moved on but might help in places.

Finally got round to fitting the new habitrail Spooky sent me as the one in mine didn’t fit properly, well the new one they sent was way too long and I had to cut a few inches off the top end and bend it. Now I can see why it was too short and the two prongs didn’t reach the holes in the playfield as someone cut it too short and couldn’t be bothered to fit another🤬 PITA and took a while to do as you have to pull cables through awkward places as well.

While I was doing it I fitted the better quality servos that I had bought, original Tower not copies. Hopefully they will last a while😏

Also jammed pieces of cable ties under the plastic playfield glass Channel to finally stop the rattling!

The only annoying thing now is the lifter flap sticks up, have adjusted it a few times but always goes back up after a short while.

Code update should be soon now🤞

Managed 80mil on latest code, still loving this game even though it’s tough.

Attachments

• 1DD19FA8-5023-4292-BFC6-937511708D8F.jpeg
    1DD19FA8-5023-4292-BFC6-937511708D8F.jpeg
    244.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 1DAF4A94-9471-4F41-B026-D7F810C38D1E.jpeg
    1DAF4A94-9471-4F41-B026-D7F810C38D1E.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 95E5DE07-A34E-482C-BDA6-A4743E258551.jpeg
    95E5DE07-A34E-482C-BDA6-A4743E258551.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 2C9FAE1F-9915-4898-9045-9C695FD00F3E.jpeg
    2C9FAE1F-9915-4898-9045-9C695FD00F3E.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Finally got round to fitting the new habitrail Spooky sent me as the one in mine didn’t fit properly, well the new one they sent was way too long and I had to cut a few inches off the top end and bend it. Now I can see why it was too short and the two prongs didn’t reach the holes in the playfield as someone cut it too short and couldn’t be bothered to fit another🤬 PITA and took a while to do as you have to pull cables through awkward places as well.

While I was doing it I fitted the better quality servos that I had bought, original Tower not copies. Hopefully they will last a while😏

Also jammed pieces of cable ties under the plastic playfield glass Channel to finally stop the rattling!

The only annoying thing now is the lifter flap sticks up, have adjusted it a few times but always goes back up after a short while.

Code update should be soon now🤞

Managed 80mil on latest code, still loving this game even though it’s tough.
The lifter flaps don't clamp down tight enough and i've adjusted mine a few times to. Terrible that your ramp was bodged from new. Doesn't surprise me though, hardly any qc but then there isn't really any qc on any games is there. The amount of stuff i had to sort out on my alien lv was Rediculous to

Yes another code update is what we all want

Not buying another spooky game though...

Good luck to those who bought a scooby doo... jesus..

Are things this bad for everyone with a Spooky or just bad luck?
No worse than any other Pinball manufacturer from my experience. I realise that is hardly a ringing endorsement. Stern, JJP and others have had their fair share of well documented issues.

Some of these issues that slip through QC are bewildering and frustrating though for the prices they cost.

I like to be honest on all things even if I’m £10k into a game.

I’m very very disappointed with spooky on various levels. Build quality is actually much improved but I’m ****ed about the slow code updates, the rubbish service menu, the horrible display interface in game, the binning of the driver board system again.. I could go on

If I had a scooby doo on order I’d get sone brown trousers!! Lol

They are rushing things out, staff workers who can’t crimp properly etc etc
The quality control depends in which day it is, they fitted the wrong decal as well on mine on one side of the backbox. How the fook can that get missed🤷‍♂️
Says everything about them, saying that they do look after you. Sent me a new mini pc, new habitrail, decals.
Not had any other problems really and the build quality is ok, playfield is great. Code is coming😂 Pin looks amazing.

Lets just say if I was in the USA I 100% would have driven it back to them to sort out.

Ok now though but that’s a lot of money to spend and be gutted and also spend hours fixing things.

What I’m really gutted about is I didn’t buy an original Alien from Highway as their factory wasn’t far from me, could of had some real fun there😂

I played @ianw Rick & Morty’s pin and that was great but he told me he had to sort a few things on it.

I really like my Halloween but then again I like GoldWings😂

They are rushing things out, staff workers who can’t crimp properly etc etc
The quality control depends in which day it is, they fitted the wrong decal as well on mine on one side of the backbox. How the fook can that get missed🤷‍♂️
Says everything about them, saying that they do look after you. Sent me a new mini pc, new habitrail, decals.
Not had any other problems really and the build quality is ok, playfield is great. Code is coming😂 Pin looks amazing.

Lets just say if I was in the USA I 100% would have driven it back to them to sort out.

Ok now though but that’s a lot of money to spend and be gutted and also spend hours fixing things.

What I’m really gutted about is I didn’t buy an original Alien from Highway as their factory wasn’t far from me, could of had some real fun there😂

I played @ianw Rick & Morty’s pin and that was great but he told me he had to sort a few things on it.

I really like my Halloween but then again I like GoldWings😂
Hey, leave gold wings out of this!! My favourite game and an absolute joy with awesome music

A million times better then this **** show!!

But yes these games do have alot of potential as the layout is good and artwork is awesome but man is it painful trying to get the code sorted …

Hey, leave gold wings out of this!! My favourite game and an absolute joy with awesome music

A million times better then this **** show!!

But yes these games do have alot of potential as the layout is good and artwork is awesome but man is it painful trying to get the code sorted …
Im with you 100%😎 (nearly)
Amateur hour with Spooky it feels.

I still think it needs staged balls in the lifters aswell
They said they might do it but nothing has happened, it can be done with what’s there but seems they now want this game wrapped up soon with a post I read on pinside.
An option to stage would be great in settings for us super fast shooters😎 Im in the stage them camp too.

They said they might do it but nothing has happened, it can be done with what’s there but seems they now want this game wrapped up soon with a post I read on pinside.
An option to stage would be great in settings for us super fast shooters😎 Im in the stage them camp too.

If they want to 'wrap these games up' soon then they are in for a rough ride!! A year of updates does not mean 2 ****ty small tweak updates in my mind, lol

if i was a scooby owner i'd start getting worried.. , its not those pesky kids they should be worrying about. lol....

Seems a shame all this issues that you all have been having with spooky, I have had ACNC TNA R&M and Halloween admittedly Alice and Halloween I probably only had for a less than a week each 🤣 but Rick and morty I am on my second one now, and both never missed a beat and the same with TNA I had that for over a year as well , possible theory there isn't a lot of mechs and toys and stuff on Rick and TNA and Rick essentially being TNA2 maybe less stuff means less stuff to go wrong. Rick and TNA so simple in design yet in my opinion possibly the most fun machines I have ever owned .
Hope you all get your issues sorted

Seems a shame all this issues that you all have been having with spooky, I have had ACNC TNA R&M and Halloween admittedly Alice and Halloween I probably only had for a less than a week each 🤣 but Rick and morty I am on my second one now, and both never missed a beat and the same with TNA I had that for over a year as well , possible theory there isn't a lot of mechs and toys and stuff on Rick and TNA and Rick essentially being TNA2 maybe less stuff means less stuff to go wrong. Rick and TNA so simple in design yet in my opinion possibly the most fun machines I have ever owned .
Well yeah, if you have a scott and eric game then you've got much more support straight off anyway. Eric doesn't wait 6 months between updates for starters..

And having a game for 1 week doesn't really count, lol

I played R&M for the first time the other week, f’ing amazing game!

Not so much build as terrible engineering decisions making for an unreliable game. I believe the Individual responsible has gone now though.

Well yeah, if you have a scott and eric game then you've got much more support straight off anyway. Eric doesn't wait 6 months between updates for starters..

And having a game for 1 week doesn't really count, lol

Hahaha yeah I guess a week isn't really long enough 😂 I always know in the first day or so if a game is gonna last or get the sack lol

Back
Top Bottom