What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky Pinball - Halloween

Oh well one of the servo’s I fitted the other day that was a bit shaky has just died, so that’s 2 out of 3 kaput as one straight away looked like he overdosed on speed and was going mental (Michaels) and these are original Tower metal gear servo’s, I ordered 4 more that came the other day for spares. Well I hope it’s the servo anyway!

Will go cheap next time🤷‍♂️

Are these servos meant to last or just pieces of crap, so annoying as I can’t play if anything is wrong as it does my head in🤯

Still a great game, but man you need thick skin owning a Spooky. I was thinking shall I get that TNA 2.0 that’s going or was 😂🫣🖕

Oh well one of the servo’s I fitted the other day that was a bit shaky has just died, so that’s 2 out of 3 kaput as one straight away looked like he overdosed on speed and was going mental (Michaels) and these are original Tower metal gear servo’s, I ordered 4 more that came the other day for spares. Well I hope it’s the servo anyway!

Will go cheap next time🤷‍♂️

Are these servos meant to last or just pieces of crap, so annoying as I can’t play if anything is wrong as it does my head in🤯

Still a great game, but man you need thick skin owning a Spooky. I was thinking shall I get that TNA 2.0 that’s going or was 😂🫣🖕
Can’t understand why there’s problems with servos as they last ages in rc cars where they get much more abuse!! Lol

Mine are all still fine currently! Touch wood

Still no ****ing code updates!! Lol

Can’t understand why there’s problems with servos as they last ages in rc cars where they get much more abuse!! Lol

Mine are all still fine currently! Touch wood

Still no ****ing code updates!! Lol
Must be luck of the draw then, had problems with mine nearly straight away. Plenty of other people have too😏
Will send the model shop an email as must be faulty then.

Code, well we live in hope. Must be soon now🤞

Managed to crash mine just now, was having a great game too😂
First one so good to get it out of the way😑
B848125E-7B87-4C99-BB61-FD4A7303DB42.jpeg

New update for me (ultraman owners) :) :). Looks like some good long awaited stuff in there, thank god!

v1.11​

• remember Mac users who have already installed v1.10 don’t need to do anything special from now on, just copy the update file to a USB and plug it in to start the update as normal.
  • Neronga mode added – battle him while at the same time keeping Tokyo’s power stations at full power! Will you last 3 rounds and defeat him, or keep going for more points as the battle intensifies!
  • audio overhaul, including all callouts and sounds have been re-balanced, there are new settings (see below) in the menu for tweaking things to get them just how you want.
  • New menu settings for audio under STANDARD:
    • MUSIC VOLUME % (values: 0-100, default 50) this is the baseline for all other sounds to then be louder or quieter than.
    • SFX MOD % (values -95 to +95, default -50) want your whooshes and “yah!’s louder? This is the setting for you. You can make it up or down from the base music volume above.
    • VOICE MOD % (values -95 to +95, default -10) voices include callouts and the sound that accompanies video clips
    • MULTIBALL SONG MOD % (values -95 to +95, default 10) boost your Pigmon Multiball song so it’s extra loud! Or if streaming and don’t want to be dinged for copyright, you can turn this down.
    • the recommended order for adjusting your audio is: use the coin door volume switches to set that halfway, set the master volume on the amp (furthest knob) so that it sounds about halfway of what you want, then use the menu settings above for fine tuning
  • video system overhaul. Faster transitions between videos for a smoother experience
  • lots of new callouts and lots more to come.
  • ball eject system now more robust. If a ball doesn’t kick out correctly, retries are more effective and power is increased temporarily if necessary. If you see balls coming out too fast and bouncing back in, you need to go into the COIL SETTINGS menu and lower TROUGH (one notch at a time and retest is best)
  • after Zetton progress is reset so you can keep going with more modes and multiballs and really crank the points
  • ball trough test in menu, allows you to see trough switches, eject and launch balls
  • instructional text has been made easier to read and more consistent throughout the game. Lots of thing made more clear. More text still to come.
  • end of ball music and lightshows are all back
  • aspect ratio of videos has been fixed, some were playing a little squashed horizontally
  • bug fix: hold start to reset game will now release a locked Science Patrol ball
  • bug fix: extra text was sometimes remaining on screen after game over
  • bug fix: holding the right flipper wasn’t pausing the ball search
  • bug fix: if you were holding the flipper when “flipper training” kicked in, the flipper ended up down, now it doesn’t
  • crash fix: if the connection to the Nano board that drives the speaker and topper lights is unplugged, it is now fine.
  • crash fix: some users were reporting that games were crashing after being left on for a long time, that should be fixed now
  • crash fix: if you did really well in Pestar it might crash – not any more

Looks like they have done quite abit of work on it. Halloween update is supposed to be released next weekend. Looking forward to this.

Looks like they have done quite abit of work on it. Halloween update is supposed to be released next weekend. Looking forward to this.
Yes it’s another big step forward. Hopefully the Halloween one will be to

The display graphics are vastly improved for starters and the new mode with power station attacks is great

Hopefully this is a glitch, maybe a bad power connection to the mini pc or the replacement mini pc is dodgy.
Happened the other day when I started using the shaker motor which had been turned off, not done it over the weekend though.
I know some other machines have some really bad crimping where the wires just pull out, will have to check the cables going to the power supply. Seemed ok computer end but maybe pulling the jack plug out and back in fixed it🤷‍♂️

Looking forward to the new code especially as I don’t need to borrow my wife’s pc as it should now be straight forward to do on a Macbook🤞

It also needs a shaker power setting, mine is crazy powerful.

Did this twice in a row mid game, looks like the pc lost power momentarily and I had to power down and back on to reboot the pc.

View attachment trim.AEFB9854-F616-4C4F-852D-8803C65CA63A.MOV

View attachment trim.1E0F87D0-23A7-4D68-BC71-B1705904A71E.MOV

Really enjoying ultraman again now. The new nurunga mode with power station attacks is awesome. I’m hopeful again that this game is gonna be pretty sweet when done.

Really enjoying ultraman again now. The new nurunga mode with power station attacks is awesome. I’m hopeful again that this game is gonna be pretty sweet when done.
That mode looks great, shame we can’t switch between games. We get First kill mode this week🤞
I think they will be great games when all is done, still really enjoy mine even with the issues.

Spooky have said they will continue with code as long as they have to and that they want buyers to be happy, more than most manufacturers would do.

Spooky have said they will continue with code as long as they have to and that they want buyers to be happy, more than most manufacturers would do.
Yes, it is good to hear this and finally see some good updates coming out.

Release code was a joke and didn’t do spooky any favours, coder disappeared and the new coder guy Matt in New Zealand came in and had to clean it all up and put out a good first update considering he was put in at the deep end. Updates taking longer than they said but they are coming and it’s getting better, have been in touch with Matt and he is a helpful bloke. He owns an UM that he can load Halloween into, I need to get friendly with him😂

Release code was a joke and didn’t do spooky any favours, coder disappeared and the new coder guy Matt in New Zealand came in and had to clean it all up and put out a good first update considering he was put in at the deep end. Updates taking longer than they said but they are coming and it’s getting better, have been in touch with Matt and he is a helpful bloke. He owns an UM that he can load Halloween into, I need to get friendly with him😂
Yeah Matt is definitely committed and so is Spooky which is what you want in these situations. There must be more to the whole original coder situation. Think it was Luke on one of the more recent streams that said they will spend as long as they need to on HW/UM code, it’s this attitude to their customers that keeps people’s supporting them.

Is this a common thing others are experiencing or problem with your machine?
Only done it on the latest code and in touch with coder so guess it’s a code issue as I know other people have sent stuff in, I have only started putting time on it lately as the code is much better than before and I fixed issues that annoyed me. Pretty sure the coder would have mentioned something if it might be a problem my end. See what he says this time.

Code update is supposed to come Friday so see how that goes, I fitted a new pic not long ago but who knows!

Only done it on the latest code and in touch with coder so guess it’s a code issue as I know other people have sent stuff in, I have only started putting time on it lately as the code is much better than before and I fixed issues that annoyed me. Pretty sure the coder would have mentioned something if it might be a problem my end. See what he says this time.

Code update is supposed to come Friday so see how that goes, I fitted a new pic not long ago but who knows!
I was a beta tester for R&M so expected and went through a lot of crashes. Could usually grab the log and send it to Eric, he was very quick to fix crashes and get a new code out, a few new updates a week at times.

I was a beta tester for R&M so expected and went through a lot of crashes. Could usually grab the log and send it to Eric, he was very quick to fix crashes and get a new code out, a few new updates a week at times.
That’s good, not how it’s working now though. The guy was thrown in at the deep end to finish it and code is slow even with plenty of bugs happening.
As good as the game is for me, never again will I buy new. I’m fixing it myself so buy used and fix it yourself and make sure the code is finished!

It was nowhere near ready for release, joke.

Also I’m drinking bud light😊 so getting a lot further😂

Update is here

Code link: https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/halloween/

Here is the v1.11 change log. As always, if you find any issues, please email matt@spookypinball.com and we'll get it sorted ASAP.

Lots more still to come!

- remember Mac users who have already installed v1.10 don't need to do anything special from now on, just copy the update file to a USB and plug it in to start the update as normal.
- First Kill mode added - flashback to play as a young Michael on Halloween night 1963
- audio overhaul, including all callouts and sounds have been re-balanced, there are new settings (see below) in the menu for tweaking things to get them just how you want.
- New menu settings for audio under STANDARD:
- MUSIC VOLUME % (values: 0-100, default 50) this is the baseline for all other sounds to then be louder or quieter than.
- SFX MOD % (values -95 to +95, default -50) want your knife slashes and pumpkin smashes louder? This is the setting for you. You can make it up or down from the base music volume above.
- VOICE MOD % (values -95 to +95, default -10) voices include callouts and the sound that accompanies video clips
- MULTIBALL SONG MOD % (values -95 to +95, default 10) boost your Don't Fear The Reaper so it's extra loud! Or if streaming and don't want to be dinged for copyright, you can turn this down.
- the recommended order for adjusting your audio is: use the coin door volume switches to set that halfway, set the master volume on the amp (furthest knob) so that it sounds about halfway of what you want, then use the menu settings above for fine tuning
- video system overhaul. Faster transitions between videos for a smoother experience
- ball eject system now more robust. If a ball doesn't kick out correctly, retries are more effective and power is increased temporarily if necessary. If you see balls coming out too fast and bouncing back in, you need to go into the COIL SETTINGS menu and lower TROUGH (one notch at a time and retest is best)
- after Boogeyman progress is reset so you can keep going with more modes and multiballs and really crank the points
- ball trough test in menu, allows you to see trough switches, eject and launch balls
- instructional text has been made easier to read and more consistent throughout the game. Lots of thing made more clear. More text still to come.
- "flipper training" has been added. This is where once per game, when the lifters first bring up a ball, the flipper on that side will do a double flip to draw the player's attention there. This can be turned on or off in the menu, default is on.
- end of ball lightshow is back. Sorry about that.
- house spinner lights now light downwards so it's easier to see when you almost have enough to open that crossing shot
- holding start to quick restart should now be working properly
- Bob And Lynda mode fixed - oh boy. This one will get a whole pinside post one day. Anyway, now it plays and stacks as it should, the videos have been moved around a little bit, you'll need to hit the optional crossing shot now for the "special" one.
- end of ball audio not cut off any more
- Sanitarium background animation has been changed
- Judith MB tweaks, it now has animations as you qualify it and it's own music when running
- bonus screen text is bigger
- skillshot at the drop bank is now a bit tougher - you have to get *only* the right one down, the one next to it as well won't be good enough
- during Jack-O-Lantern multiball the sounds now don't cause the music to duck (go quieter) while they play, so it sounds much better
- ball search won't still trigger now if you are holding in either flipper
- ball eject timings after starting a mode / watching a video are now better
- lots of new light shows
- crash fix: if the connection to the Nano board that drives the speaker and topper lights is unplugged, it is now fine.
- crash fix: some users were reporting that games were crashing after being left on for a long time, that should be fixed now
- crash fix: if you did really well in Laurie Slashes Back it might crash - not any more
- crash fix: if you went into the menu immediately after an update
- crash fix: at the end of Laurie Slashes Back once you got the hurryup it could sometimes crash, sorted now.

I watched the video last night. The updates look good.

People on pinside are saying that the speaker light were now staying on red and white from the boot sequence.

I haven’t updated yet so can’t confirm if mine is the same

I watched the video last night. The updates look good.

People on pinside are saying that the speaker light were now staying on red and white from the boot sequence.

I haven’t updated yet so can’t confirm if mine is the same
And some other things like the hedge Michaels acting strange, I will see how it pans out before I update. Just replaced all my servos so don’t want them breaking already.
Looking good though and more to come.

Good to see Spooky finally released another update (including the return of the great end of ball light show:) )
I jumped ship and no longer own a Halloween, but I loved the game and would have another if ever space/funds permitted👍🏻

How long is this update going to take? I have the message "System is updating please wait" it's been like this for around an hour?

These new updates are saving these games from oblivion corner! I am playing ultra man alot now and its good!! ..Finally how it should have been from day one and then build from here, not 50 paces back and a year wait!

The future looks good

These new updates are saving these games from oblivion corner! I am playing ultra man alot now and its good!! ..Finally how it should have been from day one and then build from here, not 50 paces back and a year wait!

The future looks good
Updated mine earlier, another big improvement. They must have been desperate to get the money rolling in so released them waaaayyyyy too early, at a cost to them as they got slated but as you say it’s getting good now. The future is looking bright for these games now, really really enjoying mine.

Back
Top Bottom