What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Coast Slam 2014 needs you ! :) Lets see those games .....

Assuming that is also me, Dan and John, I will stand down for now my van. If it is not, let me know and I will get it back in.
Sounds good if you have a Slam lorry though :).

Looking at van hire, will a standard white van, SWB be tall enough?
£50 per day about right? Also has a 10p per mile extra for in excess of 150 miles...

Assuming that is also me, Dan and John, I will stand down for now my van. If it is not, let me know and I will get it back in.
Sounds good if you have a Slam lorry though :).

Geoff we will confirm asap .....not entirely sure Will appreciates the size of London, the relationship between Luton and London, and/or just how many pins fit in a truck ...even a big ass one :rolleyes::D

Looking at van hire, will a standard white van, SWB be tall enough?
£50 per day about right? Also has a 10p per mile extra for in excess of 150 miles...
Low roof is tight and if you have any machines with a gun handle they won't stand up unless you remove the gun.
Games like DH, STTNG, IJ etc. You would be better with a med roof transit.

Hopefully bringing a (mostly) completed "Futurama" homebrew pin to the Slam. Only 2.5 years since it's last appearance!

Done: playfield art, inserts and G.I., adjusted shot layout, replaced ramp & travel tube, upper playfield, steel ball guides.

Maybe: Cabinet art, plastics art, flash lamps.

In accordance with modern pinball manufacturer tradition, the software will also only be about 75% finished.

Hopefully bringing a (mostly) completed "Futurama" homebrew pin to the Slam. Only 2.5 years since it's last appearance!

Done: playfield art, inserts and G.I., adjusted shot layout, replaced ramp & travel tube, upper playfield, steel ball guides.

Maybe: Cabinet art, plastics art, flash lamps.

In accordance with modern pinball manufacturer tradition, the software will also only be about 75% finished.

Great stuff Paul :thumbs: Look forward to seeing you and the machine

It's been a while but look forward to see both you and th machine Paul.

Unfortunately Pinball Parlour were all set to bring a bunch of older games along but it clashes with them opening a new venue or something :(

Ok .....HOLD the front page ....due to delays with the new venue or something it looks like our friends at Pinball Parlour will be joining us after all :clap:

Hopefully bringing some classics and maybe .....just maybe......Orbiter 1 :cool:

Usually Sean from http://www.pinballpalace.co.uk/ has a bunch of his more popular boards and stuff for sale. I'll confirm this with him.

Unfortunately due to clashes and other commitments pete from pinball parlour can't make it after all :(

Sean from pinball palace will be bringing along some cool bits though

Cheers
Will

ATTENTION MACHINE BRINGERS .....................guys in the London area - we will be in touch in the next few days to try and thrash out a pickup/return timetable for your games ...pickup Friday/Return Monday

Holy **** its getting close ...........dont panic yeah ;)

And me - And i'm not taking any machines!!! (Tho i will, as ever, be there on friday to help set up :) )

I have to limit myself tho - at 2012 UKPP i set up over 40 machines... and was so knackered that I couldnt play properly in the Touney the following day :(
And i aint getting any younger :(

I'm planning on getting there early afternoon :) Will depend on how many stops I need to make to straighten my spine as putting a pin in the car means driving whilst crushed against the steering wheel :eek:

Sorry folks, Futurama won't now be ready for the Slam. It's seems every process for making a pinball takes four times as long as you imagined. Who knew?

As compensation, here are some - exclusive to pinballinfo - photos of the playfield art and insert LEDs (artwork is mostly montaged - I don't have much in the way of artistic skills).

playfield with art.jpg playfield art and inserts.jpg

Back
Top Bottom