What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Coast Slam 2014 needs you ! :) Lets see those games .....

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
10 Years
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
OK guys - the countdown begins :cool:

As you are no doubt aware the South Coast Slam is returning in all it's glory and it's time to start thinking about the machines that are gonna make this a weekend of pure gaming heaven.

The success of the SCS relies heavily on the generous loan of machines from the community. Without the loan of machines , then this is you lot rattling around a big hall switching the lights on and off for fun and wondering what the hell you are gonna tell your grandchildren when they ask for more stories about the legendary Slam ;)

So lets have those pledges of pinball machines AND video games guys. Remember the Slam isnt just about pinball - last time out we had a fantastic lineup of classic vids too.

FREE Show entry to anyone bringing a machine along.

If you can bring several machines along in a van then you have assumed godlike status in the Slams eyes and some financial help may be available towards costs - let myself or Will Barber @SOUTH COAST SLAM know .

Show Dates - Saturday April 19 and Sunday April 20
Location - Charmandean Centre, Worthing, Sussex BN14 9HS

We have access ALL DAY Friday April 18 for setup :D

http://www.southcoastslam.com/ ............. website coming soon with all the details

Let's see what you got people ! :cool:

GrizZ
SCTOMA

Last edited:
If project firepower is complete you are welcome to have that in the show maybe even the shadow downside being they would prob need picking up

The Northern Lights Pinball Crew will be supporting the Slam as always with a van load of pins as usual.
Make and model nearer the time.

Looking forward to the best show in the south.

Been talking to dirty Dan and we're look at hiring a big van from London. Any idea how many we'll get in there? Is 8 a possibility? Probably concentrate on bringing some of my B listers along. Maybe ID4, RBION, JY etc Guess it will really depend on what other people bring. Is Will starting up a list somewhere?

Any idea how many we'll get in there? Is 8 a possibility?

I'm pretty sure some of the Midlands guys get 8 games in a Luton van.....although that includes a couple of EM's. I'm sure @teachp8 can confirm when he sees this :)

Had 12 in a Luton and also in a LWB sprinter before although that probably takes you over legal weight limits :eek: Possibly able to get Godzilla there seeing as it's on the South Coast somewhere and has been for the last 2 years!!

Yeah, 12 in a Luton (or 3.5 ton equivalent) with tail lift. Although space for one less if you're bringing a hydraulic trolley. Sack trollys should fit ok though. Don't forget to factor in machine legs and other bits and pieces, eg luggage if you're staying over and the cab is full of people...! :cool:

Fill those vans and cars soldiers ! We are looking for 100+ pins like previous years and as many classic vids as we can squeeze in ! Will and I have just been down to the Charmandean on a quick reconnaissance mission :cool:

Thanks for the pledges and emails so far. I think there will be a detailed list of machines on the forthcoming website.

Been talking to dirty Dan and we're look at hiring a big van from London. Any idea how many we'll get in there? Is 8 a possibility? Probably concentrate on bringing some of my B listers along. Maybe ID4, RBION, JY etc Guess it will really depend on what other people bring. Is Will starting up a list somewhere?
Cool beans. We may try to limit the number of vehicles also by joining up with others such as Stan and Mike K.

If anyone is bringing a van full of games from down my end I don't mind chipping in if you want to take one of mine or both

If you haven't brought machines along to a Show or meet before then rest assured that your pride and joy will be well looked after. We have a whole team of people on the floor constantly keeping an eye on machines and people playing them. Any operational issues that arise on games are usually dealt with swiftly by some of the super knowledgeable and experienced guys on here.

So if you are thinking about bringing along a machine then please do let us know. Machines from all eras are welcome - if its rare, obscure or just down right odd then all the better :cool: There is nothing more satisfying than seeing your game being played and enjoyed by people in the way they were intended to be. Get involved ...its more fun ! :D

Cool beans. We may try to limit the number of vehicles also by joining up with others such as Stan and Mike K.
I will have betwenn 4 and 8 machines for the slam, i can probably do 4 myself with my van, but would be happy to top the van up on your way!

Is mr barber holed up in a South America embassy wanted by uk government is he??

In 2013 a crack Theatre of Magic assassin was sent to prison by a military court for a crime he didn't commit. This man promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Brighton underground. Today, still wanted by the government, he survives as a soldier of fortune. If you have a problem - if no one else can help - and if you can find
him - maybe you can hire.....TV's Will Barber!

In 2013 a crack Theatre of Magic assassin was sent to prison by a military court for a crime he didn't commit. This man promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Brighton underground. Today, still wanted by the government, he survives as a soldier of fortune. If you have a problem - if no one else can help - and if you can find
him - maybe you can hire.....TV's Will Barber!

]

Brilliant :D

Hey all,

Sorry if this post sounds like the normal organiser meltdown post that happens just before a show.

Well here it is , please guys if you are intending to bring along machines can you please add them to this thread.

I know it's a long way off but it's almost impossible to budget for vans, work out electrics , layouts that kind of thing . Without knowing what wonderful people are bringing what nothing can move forward.

So please please guys and gals add your games here and if you need help with van hire then get in touch as we will help as much as we can with costs.

This show is for all of us and it only works if we all pull together, the pinball community allways comes through , but if we can get an idea now of games I won't shoot anyone at the pipeline tomorrow ;)

Cheers all
Will

Ok I will start

Xmen LE ( wolverine )
Rolling Stones
AC/DC if is still have it
Transformers if the deal ever goes through.
Predator if it arrives.

Ok I will start

Xmen LE ( wolverine )
Rolling Stones
AC/DC if is still have it
Transformers if the deal ever goes through.
Predator if it arrives.
What a great start to get the ball rolling.
Some great titles there Will.
NLP will be bringing a van load down, names of machines to follow.
NLP proudly support the best show in the south of the U.K. Roll on Easter.

Provisionally

ID4
JY
SM or RBION
SST

May well change depending on what others pledge, so we don't get all the same titles turning up. It's also not coincidence that these titles are also the lighter ones;)

Should be hiring a van with the dirty pic man (Think Dan is also talking 4 machines) - wouldn't say no to any help with hire costs.

Back
Top Bottom