What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scorbit - Bulk order

Placed my order last night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am getting this when I try and checkout at the end:

• Sorry, it seems the coupon "XXXXXX" is not yours - it has now been removed from your order.

I can enter the code and it shows "Free Shipping" and lets me select it, but then when I click "Complete Purchase" it gives the error.

It is rejecting the shipping code but seems to have accepted the purchase/subscription ones.

I am getting this when I try and checkout at the end:

• Sorry, it seems the coupon "XXXXXX" is not yours - it has now been removed from your order.

I can enter the code and it shows "Free Shipping" and lets me select it, but then when I click "Complete Purchase" it gives the error.

It is rejecting the shipping code but seems to have accepted the purchase/subscription ones.

I belive I corrected it. Give it a try now...

The final count was 88 units. You guys are amazing. Everyone at Scorbit sincerely appreciates your support!

I will post updates on the manufacturing refresh (I'm glad we increased our order in February) and everyone's shipment timing. Meanwhile, try out the app. It's beta, but we're making changes to it weekly and you can use it to post scores manually. You can also follow each other on the app so you can see what everyone else is posting in the community tab.

Sweet.

The only issue with Scorbit (no me) is now I have it on my Wonka its like playing in a comp all the time! i.e. I play ****e! Or I have just realised that it actually shows how bad-a-player I am lol....

Oh-hum... Now I'm gonna see how bad I play on ALL my machines :rofl:

Jay,
For a future release I think having the option to create a local league at home with the names of players or have them numbered. Playing games in order of assigned number and Scorbit tracking the scores..

cheers
Kenny

I believe the MatchPlay integration does some of that, though I think a less formal version is a great idea. We've definitely had some requests of doing a "master list" so players don't need to use the app while engaged in the tournament, so we definitely want to get that feature built!

I wanted to give you all an update! The manufacturer is still moving (relatively) on schedule. They estimate they will have the boards back to us roughly around April 23rd, and if that goes as planned, I will turn them around over that weekend and have them shipping on Monday, April 26th.

This is barring anything weird with my testing or strange manufacturing glitches, but that's the current estimate. I'll keep you posted as details emerge. Sorry for any delays!

In preparation for the arrival of my board, where are you installing these in your machines? Cabinet? Backbox? Or is there somewhere specific it needs to go to intercept the information coming from the DMD board?

Mine is going in to a White Water, so I imagine most WPC-89 style systems would be similar/the same with regards layout of the existing boards.

Has to be in the back box - for my WPC games I’m installing at the bottom of the right hand side of the back box on the side of the back box with the card vertical rather than on the back of the back box and it works and fits fine (ToM and Shadow) just make sure you don’t block the other door. Although you guys will get a newer edition of the board that I think has the usb-c connectors at a different angle so that may not allow for my way of install. I’ll post some photos of my installs.

On Sam games installing just under the Sam boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agreed with Neil. The device is designed to be mounted in the backbox.

The most important consideration is access to those USB-C ports. Height may help with WiFi, but we've found little difference, particularly at 2.4Ghz which goes through backboxes better than 5Ghz.

In the revision Neil has, the USB C ports come out vertically. This means that if you have a swinging door, given the stiffness of the USB-C Gen 2 cable, you have to make sure you have depth for the door to close. Often this means higher up (above the boards) gives you greatest depth.

In the current revision of the boards, we've changed it to a right angle/horizontal configuration, which means that the USB-C ports come straight down off the board. This means that you need enough spacing (2-3 inches) between the bottom of the Scorbitron and whatever else is there (like existing circuit board) to accommodate the cable coming down. We think this configuration should be a bit less likely to cause accidents with the USB-C cable getting squished or the connector snapped. (You generally only need one connector, by the way, as A and B are interchangeable as are C and D).

usb_c.jpg

• In WPC machines, a popular approach is to use one of the existing 1/4 hex screws and use it on the mounting plate ears.
  • In early Bally or Sterns (AS-2518 or MPU-100/200s), I prefer either on the ceiling of the backbox or above the MPU board if there is room (with an Alltek replacement, for example).
  • In Stern Whitestar, Data East or Sega, your mileage may vary depending on the game. Generally above or on the side of the backbox.
  • In Stern SAMs and Spikes, there is plenty of room on the rear of the backbox, either above or below.
  • In Capcom, a vertical configuration to the left of the MPU generally is best.
  • The two-sided tape actually works really well but is a permanent decision, so make sure there is room for the USB-C cables to connect to the ports where you place it.
When installing, the app gives you some animated guidance on potential places you can install the Scorbitron. The trick of this is after 40 years, you never know what you'll find when you open someone's backbox! Therefore you have to have some flexibility with that. :)

Neil inspired us... He will be happy to hear that our new Spike 2/Spooky cables arrived. They are USB A to USB C NMC cables, no A to C adapter required (they include the necessary serial FTDI null circuitry within the cable), and much more flexible. We also finished testing our newest USB C Gen 2 cables, and now will be shipping with a more flexible version that's been custom made for us and less likely to react poorly to bending. Also newer backplates without the antenna "ear" mount, much lighter to the touch and less likely to get in the way.

However we still plan on making sure each unit arrives smelling like the Disney Polynesian or Beach resorts.

Hey all. Just a brief Monday update. We have word from our manufacturer that everything continues to move forward on schedule, as they managed to source (or we managed to source) any parts that were short due to COVID delays in time. We hear from them almost every day or two, and it all seems to be flowing towards a week of 26 April-ish point, where we get our inventory. Once the boards are in our hands we usually can assemble, test, provision and ship within a 2-3 day period.

Things that can go wrong: Shipping/customs issues (never happened so far), manufacturing defect/bad components (never happened so far), cable manufacturing issues (hard thing to get wrong), or California bursts into flames again (seems to be an annual event with greater regularity than pinball tradeshows). However, things are actually looking really good at the moment.

The longer it takes to get you boards, the longer @Neil McRae will be on top of these leaderboards, and that just can't stand, so we're motivated.

Back
Top Bottom