What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next new Stern announced this week!

Has anyone else updated their code yet? When I updated the earlier versions, it kept all the scores and settings etc but this update has wiped everything.

Have I done something different or is this standard? I thought it was a big plus to be able to keep all your scores on each update but seems maybe Stern have gone back?

Did you do full or quick update? Maybe doing the delta's (quick) keeps the scores??

Last edited:
Quick or full should still keep the scores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do you have:

UTIL->SAVE and UTIL->LOAD which save and restore all game settings
to / from a USB thumbdrive.

In the menus?

I've updated to new code, full update, still kept all settings and scores.
You haven't downloaded Prem code onto your Pro have you?

I'll check both when back home.

Arv, are you suggesting I might be able to retrieve the old scores? I have played it since the update.

Didn't realise how much I'd missed DNA combos.
Good to see the updated status reports as well, so you know which you've got at how to get the others.

I'll check both when back home.

Arv, are you suggesting I might be able to retrieve the old scores? I have played it since the update.

No, not at all. You backup your stuff before the update.

I've updated to new code, full update, still kept all settings and scores.
You haven't downloaded Prem code onto your Pro have you?

I think it's likely specific to each machine, the occasional machine will reset all scores -I imagine we won't be able to replicate it. I do every update the same, with the same USB stick and have only had it the once on Elvira (since the scores have been carrying over)

I think it's likely specific to each machine, the occasional machine will reset all scores -I imagine we won't be able to replicate it. I do every update the same, with the same USB stick and have only had it the once on Elvira (since the scores have been carrying over)
Same here, same usb stick every time, and always a full update.
I have seen a couple of minor hs awards reset when the scoring has changed significantly - Chaos MB comes to mind.

I always reset the high score on a new code update.
Many times there’s a simple exploit to score big until they close or balance it out.
Someone who has a score of 10gazillion on 0.5 code doesn’t mean they had their best game ever in the life of their pin but just on that specific code.
that’s how I roll anyhow!
Now best go as Gabe gone to bed (my 8yr old) so gotta go remove the glass on my BM66 to improve my scores as he keeps taking my name off by getting the champion score.
thattl teach him:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom