What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next new Stern announced this week!

This is pretty much the best possible theme for me and I'll get one almost certainly. The only minor complaints are the side art and translite to me look a little bit naff. Kinda looks like the art you might find on cheap Jurassic park merchandise from back in the day. Other than that a lack of call outs and clips from the movie is a real shame. On the flip side, play field looks stunning and the John Williams score.... Hyped

I agree, Cab art and translites look a bit dated to me, and not very dynamic. Bit of a letdown compared to recent sterns.
Shots and playfield layout looks pretty awesome though. Easy to knock up a new translite - and cab art isn’t that visible in a lineup.

I love Jurassic Park (see below) and I'm fairly excited for this, but I feel that its only half a job on the license. No original voices, no likenesses of character (except what looks like Nedry but even then he's not wearing the yellow raincoat), no film clips playable on the LCD and then there's obvious changes like the "Jeep Wrangler" which clearly isn't a real Jeep Wrangler. It feels a bit like BTTF without the real Marty McFly.

59915484512256_s.jpg

Last edited:
Having watched game play videos of the new pinball! Its certainly a win!

Keith has done a great job on this machine, code looks great and not overly complex like Maiden... Shots look great and it was pointed out you can make every shot from the bottom flips as well as the upper right.

Its a great theme and they are concentrated on the dinosaurs and the story about recapturing them after the virus has taken down the fences!

@Mercifull this is no BTTF at all

I really hope so. I’d like in ~10 years time, when my JP eventually gives up the ghost, to replace it with this machine.

I think this looks really cool...…………….

However, I cannot believe there will not be clips of the first film on the LCD Screen. What are they going to show otherwise?

looking forward to some hi res pictures and gameplay videos. Looks like the pro doesn't lose anything.

Difference is the T-Rex is fixed on the Pro and on the Premium its moving and eats the balls
Raptor Pen is motorised on the premium along with a raptor that moves also

Difference is the T-Rex is fixed on the Pro and on the Premium its moving and eats the balls
Raptor Pen is motorised on the premium along with a raptor that moves also
Reptor pit also looks like it has a sculpted toy on the Prem/LE rather than flat plastic on the Pro too. I look forward to seeing the comparison grid.

They will be happy across the pond, dream theme for them....look forward to seeing one play, looks like it has to be at least a Premium purchase.

I think this looks really cool...…………….

However, I cannot believe there will not be clips of the first film on the LCD Screen. What are they going to show otherwise?
I’m trying to figure out how they are going to do the sound effects throughout the entire game whilst trying not to make the player feel like they’re having a sleep over at London Zoo 😃

Last edited:
No one uses Butyrate for plastics any more. They'll be PETG but it's used as a generic term like Lexan or Perspex. You can tell if it's Butyrate as it smells of sick! (yes, really. Also yellows over time).

Nothing like the good old smell of sick on those early williams machines.. 🤮

New BK update out...

NEW CODE OF RAGE! Stern Pinball has posted Black Knight code v1.00.0 for the Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition models.

This code contains a new RAGE Wizard mode! This special wizard mode is started by defeating the Black Knight and begins a 6-ball multiball frenzy to a completely new Scott Ian song!

The RANSOM Wizard mode has been added to the Pro model in addition to a revamped BLACK CASTLE mode across all models. This code also contains a new U-Turn extra ball rule, mode balancing, scoring improvements, bug fixes, enhancements and additional polish.

Pro – v1.00.0:
https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=Black+Knight+Pro

Premium – v1.00.0:
https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=Black+Knight+Premium

Limited Edition – v1.00.0:
https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=Black+Knight+LE

Additional details can be found in the read me file.

This update and read me files can also be found on our website www.sternpinball.com in the game code library.

New BK update out...

NEW CODE OF RAGE! Stern Pinball has posted Black Knight code v1.00.0 for the Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition models.

This code contains a new RAGE Wizard mode! This special wizard mode is started by defeating the Black Knight and begins a 6-ball multiball frenzy to a completely new Scott Ian song!

The RANSOM Wizard mode has been added to the Pro model in addition to a revamped BLACK CASTLE mode across all models. This code also contains a new U-Turn extra ball rule, mode balancing, scoring improvements, bug fixes, enhancements and additional polish.

Pro – v1.00.0:
https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=Black+Knight+Pro

Premium – v1.00.0:
https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=Black+Knight+Premium

Limited Edition – v1.00.0:
https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=Black+Knight+LE

Additional details can be found in the read me file.

This update and read me files can also be found on our website www.sternpinball.com in the game code library.

Awesome 😀

The Pro does look good compared to other pros. But if that trex doesn't even roar then that is disappointing.
I wonder if that ball throw from the mouth was a mistake?

Premium looks fantastic. Love the angry Rex tossing the ball, I don't think it's an accident. The not-quite-a-jeep Jeep is still annoying me and I can\t see any gate or Explorer anywhere on the playfield but hopefully, someone can come up with a mod for that. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh but I'm unlikely to be able to afford it for a good few years. Maybe I'll be able to pick one up for the 35th anniversary or something.

Looks awesome. Loads going on. Looking forward to seeing the gameplay. Got to be premium or LE though - it’s all about a ball biting T.rex, throwing the ball to accelerate ball dimpling!

I'm getting one but it'll have to be a pro. I don't have two grand for a ball eating t-rex! Early impressions are great though. Interested to hear the sound package what they've done with the LCD without using movie clips

Back
Top Bottom