What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next new Stern announced this week!

You need to play a few more games !! Tron is good and black knight is excellent it’s the next level in pinball !! The price of new pins make most shy away

Well I owned Tron and liked it. Not got to Black Knight yet. I've heard mostly negative things about it which is a shame because aesthetically it's awesome

Well I owned Tron and liked it. Not got to Black Knight yet. I've heard mostly negative things about it which is a shame because aesthetically it's awesome
I’m lucky enough to have both le games
Don’t get me wrong I love tron but think the new tv sterns are on a different level
Black knight is excellent and rammed with code

I enjoyed Black Knight so far, wouldn't mind owning one, got it's work cut out beating Tron though.

In a fair world, Star Wars should easily beat Ghostbusters but sadly won't because too many owners place emphasis on art and toys, rather than decent rules which makes a game in my opinion.

I’m lucky enough to have both le games
Don’t get me wrong I love tron but think the new tv sterns are on a different level
Black knight is excellent and rammed with code
I guess you are in for a Vault Tron with LCD!
i agree, LCD animations are gettin better and better and it is great As it gets an huge part for theme integration
my love be would TWD with LCD!
however, the most important for me is still playfield design, the gameplay and how fun is the game.

^^^^^ Never played medieval madness but again it looks extremely popular with the voting.
Guys over here who have this including the remake in their collection. I wonder if they also feel it’s an all time number 1 ??

GOT with a LCD screen would be awesome. A lot of potentiall bitter owners of the DMD version though.

MM is ok. Personally I’d rate AFM, AC/DC, TWD, ELVIRA all above it. It’s a good game. Just not the be all and end all of games. The drawbridge and moat is a great toy.

I was disappointed when I finally got to play MM recently, played original and remake. Not that it’s bad but just not as good as it’s hyped up to be for me. I really wanted one but not so much now but wouldn’t say no!
Enjoy AFM more.

I think MM is technically superior, but I also prefer AFM more.
I think we need to separate the casual player and the home player/tournament player.
2 different players that don’t have the same expectations when he plays pinball.
MM is for me the king for casual player and also challenging enough for more skilled players
that’s why MM is so popular.
for my taste, I prefer MM, I must admit alien agitations drive me nuts and boring after a while.

I guess you are in for a Vault Tron with LCD!
i agree, LCD animations are gettin better and better and it is great As it gets an huge part for theme integration
my love be would TWD with LCD!
however, the most important for me is still playfield design, the gameplay and how fun is the game.
i would have thought if stern ever do a tron vault it will be based upon a modded pro like they did with acdc and star trek and the latest being iron man vault again

i would have thought if stern ever do a tron vault it will be based upon a modded pro like they did with acdc and star trek and the latest being iron man vault again
It was really minor if I do not mistake with leds and angus face removed for ACDC, red amor and leds for IM. It was cosmetic changes.
franckly, It would be not enough for me to replace my game.

You are thinking Stern are going to port over the code and add LCD screens - they have NEVER done this before.

It is the logicial idea but doing the animations etc is not worth it for a small run.

Several games need an LCD update Ghostbusters - Spider man - LOTR - Metallica but it wont happen unless someone does some kind of an aftermarket mod.

There is a way of doing it with visual pinball but I have been trying to get it ported over to PROC so it can be added but vpinmame's latest version does not have the correct support. Plus most the VP guys do not really care about real pinball owners.

You are thinking Stern are going to port over the code and add LCD screens - they have NEVER done this before.

It is the logicial idea but doing the animations etc is not worth it for a small run.

Several games need an LCD update Ghostbusters - Spider man - LOTR - Metallica but it wont happen unless someone does some kind of an aftermarket mod.

There is a way of doing it with visual pinball but I have been trying to get it ported over to PROC so it can be added but vpinmame's latest version does not have the correct support. Plus most the VP guys do not really care about real pinball owners.

Batman 66. Basics of TDK...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It was really minor if I do not mistake with leds and angus face removed for ACDC

That plus the swinging bell - an important toy for me and not on the original Pro.

Perhaps that isn't very much extra over the original but it was enough for me to change my mind about owning an AC/DC. I love my Vault Pro more than anything and, so far as I'm concerned, it plays the very best game of the many AC/DC versions.

^^^^^ Never played medieval madness but again it looks extremely popular with the voting.
Guys over here who have this including the remake in their collection. I wonder if they also feel it’s an all time number 1 ??

yes for me. it’s my favourite in my lineup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That plus the swinging bell - an important toy for me and not on the original Pro.

Perhaps that isn't very much extra over the original but it was enough for me to change my mind about owning an AC/DC. I love my Vault Pro more than anything and, so far as I'm concerned, it plays the very best game of the many AC/DC versions.
Concerning ACDC, it is all about this lower mini playfield. It was not very fun to play Imho. I guess you are right, ACDC VE is maybe the best version of the game, for those who like it.

I would put money on it - they wont bring out Tron with LCD display with new animations and footage. Too much work.
Not to mention they’d want to charge a good premium for anything like that, and lets be honest - the number of big money buyers isn’t gong to increase in the near term, more likely shrink.

Concerning ACDC, it is all about this lower mini playfield. It was not very fun to play Imho. I guess you are right, ACDC VE is maybe the best version of the game, for those who like it.
All lower playfields are crap !!
Acdc
Munsters
Congo
Never played a good 1yet
Can’t speak for old school pins it’s not my thing

All lower playfields are crap !!
Acdc
Munsters
Congo
Never played a good 1yet
Can’t speak for old school pins it’s not my thing

You forgot the worst of the lot........Street Fighter II.........The most pointless lower Playfield in history :)

Batman 66. Basics of TDK...

How close is Jack Danger to Stern? He was asking people what theme would suit a BM66 playfield for rebranding.
Maybe they have a ton of stuff leftover now sales have dropped?

How close is Jack Danger to Stern? He was asking people what theme would suit a BM66 playfield for rebranding.
Maybe they have a ton of stuff leftover now sales have dropped?
It’d suit Thunderbirds. Tracey island at the top, use your imagination, etc.

Agree with Lee mini playfields are rubbish

Especially the one on LOTR if you can even call it a mini playfield. So boring when it goes up there, must be there to rest the flipper coils!
I don’t mind WH2O or TZ, Shadow looks ok. Bit of a gimmick on most I think.

I’m in the minority liking the AC/DC mini playfield.

Also kind of like the one on GOT.

Can you can. Wh20 and black knight mini playfields? If so they are also good.

Worst? Family guy. That one really sucks

Back
Top Bottom