What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next new Stern announced this week!

That’s another thing that’s annoying me now about the art package... there was never a Spinosaurus in Jurassic Park. InGen created one on site B (Isla Sorna) but never for the actual park (Isla Nublar)

</jpnerd>

Managing to catch some of the stream this morning before work since missed it last night.
Think it looks pretty good. The right top flipper is really well placed. Pretty clever how it can do an orbit or get flipped up onto the left ramp. The right ramp is really quick and looks fun to hit.

The animation isn't the best but nobody really expects it too be great.

The T-Rex was a little disappointing. I don't know why and it will be much better in person but it was just kinda over with before you knew it. Thought it would be like the movie and the lights on the gi would go out and then the flashers would go. But again, probably much better in person.

I like how the playfield isn't filled with inserts. I reminded me of Octoberfest but now it looks a lot better with less going on.

Overall, looks fun.

The guy in the dinosaur costume was funny, good player too ( who was it? Zack? I only watched a few minutes ).

Just had a quick 10 minute look at the premium I presume (the t-rex ate the ball). Game looks fun, really nice layout. I'm a bit of a Jurassic Park dork though and for me, the Poundland impressions of the characters for the call outs really suck, I literally do a better impression of John Hammond! I do think it's a shame they couldn't get assets and footage from the film as well, the animations aren't the best. Not deal breakers or anything but a missed opportunity to nail a really amazing theme.

OK, atched all of the stresm. It looks excellent, the animations are brilliant with little touches that are superb (the GMC Jeep lights, for instance) the sound needs work though, Hammond voice; not sure what that is supposed to be?. Spinner sound is too generic and the bonus sound sounds like it belongs in Star Wars.
Overall not missed much in the pro. HInestky the only thig I'd miss is the up bank on the raptor pit. T Rex seemed iffy. A pro would sit nice in my games room. :cool:

Yeah I got to admit the Prem isn't much different. The Raptor lock is pretty cool but if you add in the art, imo, is worse on the Prem than the Pro.
I just wish the trex at least opened its mouth on the Pro. Made a roar or something.
I'm sure the modding scene will do something.

I reckon this could be a good game to have in a cinema location. Probably get quite a bit of play.

The game play and shots look great fun. The artwork and sound package are a letdown for me personally. The pro cab is by far the worst, and I think like the premium cab is the best, but it’s all subjective. It does look a lot of fun though!
As others have said, the moving trex could be a bit liable to issues.

Think Keith smashed it again. Game looks superb to play. And it’s at Pinburgh! \o/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That ramp to rail to ramp to rail shot looks amazing.

Didn't expect to like it but it is quite tempting.

Thought the Super Skill Shot was interesting, having to hit multiple shots and adding time to ball save makes it worthwhile. Only really dangerous shot seemed to be the far left one by the raptor.

Yes indeed and some of the other rules are from classic sterns - spinner is very similar to nine ball. And I think I saw something that was like the drop multiplier from quicksilver need to watch it again.

This looks pretty cool have to say, much better than I thought it would be....
Only a couple of little niggles, could be my imagination but I’m hearing sounds from Star Wars and some of the Call Outs almost akin to BKSOR.
I like the animations, map features and they have done a real good job on the play-field, something different for sure.
Glad they have the original theme music from the movie.

How is this by the same company that crapped out Munsters?

Looks pretty damn good from what I saw on the stream.. flow, toys.. whoda thunk it that Stern wouldn't cheap out this time.

I'm just curious. Do the people buying the LE genuinely believe that it is worth 3.5k more than a pro? I know LE owners tend to just look at them and not play them 😁 but I just can't get my head around why someone would do that.

I guess it's the same with cars. They both get you from A to B. Why do people pay more for certain models? Cos they can afford it and want that little bit extra.

I'm just curious. Do the people buying the LE genuinely believe that it is worth 3.5k more than a pro? I know LE owners tend to just look at them and not play them [emoji16] but I just can't get my head around why someone would do that.

Like I said I only get the LE so I can polish it with a pampers nappy.

Go on some car forums and see what folks pay crazy cash for :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I guess it depends what LE.
When you look at the Matrix for an Aerosmith LE Vs Deadpool LE your getting more bang for buck with DP.
The lack of production continuity is a bit of a pain at times with Stern I think.

Played a lot more of it.

If you like maiden, LOTR, tron and a few others you will absolutely love this game. The shots are probably the smoothest in pinball, even more refined that IMDN. Linking shots together for combo is super satisfying. And the way the jeep works is a really simple but effective feature.

Pro is very good and you don’t lose too much in the game play but Premium is nice with the dirty pool mode and the dinosaur chucking the ball is neat. A lot of comparisons going on to wonka right now and they couldn’t be more different games. Shots wise both are very good but in my view JP stomps all over it from a code point of view, I think if I was JJP I’d be thinking about a code overhaul similar to what stern did for some games to boost sales last year. Speaking to Keith last night as the flipper rivers are different on the premium and the feel different a little more bouncy I think they might change them out for the same ones on the pro.

Cheers
Neil.

Back
Top Bottom