What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Stern Reveal - Thursday, 5.30pm BST

10/10 for that lock mechanism, 2 posts and a switch - can't get simpler than that!

In my opinion it's obviously a giant let down for players and collectors (personally I don't like Stern games so don't really care) but I can understand why they're aiming at a home market which probably don't even realise that people like us who own and collect real machines even exist.

Got to agree. This looks more fun than the Pro. Surprised with the metal ramps.
I was laughing when I saw the tie fighter spring. Looks like the lil deadpool spring was too heavy duty 😂

How does everyone feel about the price? What do pro's go for in the US, $5990?
Thought it would be a bit cheaper than $4400

One way to drag the living daylights out of a licence!!!! What a Joke.

WHY wait a few months buy a second hand Pro stern for £5500 no brainer.

On a positive note I do agree with price down options to get more pinball out there.

Last edited:
Was looking at Stern Facebook last night getting bombarded with Insults ref the Home Pin. Around 200 comments of disappointment ref the unveiling. Someone referenced Gomez and he was pushed a little into saying a new Pin is right around the corner:-

B3633C4B-9E73-4E00-A39D-700DC1C5707F.png03F885DD-63D0-46FA-AB85-69E1766B4447.pngC648303D-E3A5-4481-BEB1-FEC351BF7176.png93768B0C-D086-4FB7-8A21-742902E1AA30.pngA76A8668-15AD-4BAB-99E7-F99E75EF6E48.png

Last edited:
If you want to know when Stern will announce the next main game.

Go look at the dates for last years announcement.

Deadpool: 7 Aug 2018

ooooh!

ITS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!

I don't get it, the price makes no sense. Part of the appeal of buying a real pinball machine is that it is the one from the arcade. No one is going to buy this "for the kids", anyone that could afford to do that would buy the "real" one. So, home users (nope), pinball fans (nope), Operators (nope), super rich collectors (maybe just to say they have it).
Bloody hell, you could buy a Thunderturds "for the kids" for about this.

As for GG's "how does it hurt you?". it hurts us if the company with 90% of the market share goes bust. QED.

I don't get it, the price makes no sense. Part of the appeal of buying a real pinball machine is that it is the one from the arcade. No one is going to buy this "for the kids", anyone that could afford to do that would buy the "real" one. So, home users (nope), pinball fans (nope), Operators (nope), super rich collectors (maybe just to say they have it).

As for GG's "how does it hurt you?". it hurts us if the company with 90% of the market share goes bust. QED.
Agree.

If it was half the price of a Pro then maybe more casual buyers might be interested. But then going forward, assuming more Home models.... would they maybe risk losing Pro sales to Home Editions in future

I think it's a bad idea - hard to see how to position it.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

As I said for a laugh on Pinside 😃
Why would I take up precious room in my home with a fake pin?
Scenario:-
“Hey guys, come around to my house and play some Pinball!” 👍
“Wow You have a real Pinball in your home?”
“Hell yeah” 🤥
“Dude WTF - theres no Coin Door, looks, sounds and plays a bit weird.....is this a kiddies toy?”☹️
“Ermm....yeah, I got it kinda cheaper than a real one, by around 1k.......”
“Dude, are you serious.....you should have just saved a bit harder and got a real one.....”😬

Edit: Funny enough....my Fake pin comment was removed by Stern admin on Facebook

Last edited:
“Hell yeah” 🤥
“Dude WTF - theres no Coin Door, looks, sounds and plays a bit weird.....is this a kiddies toy?”☹
“Dude, are you serious.....you should have just saved a bit harder and got a real one.....”😬

Edit: Funny enough....my Fake pin comment was removed by Stern admin on Facebook
They probably removed the comment because you used the word 'Pin' which is now trademarked - be carefull out there 🤣

I agree with the above sentiments, my precious space is reserved for the real deals. Were "classic" home pins ever successful - I'm thinking of Fireball, Captain Fantastic, Evel Knievel... According to ipdb circa 10K Fireball home's were produced which is no slouch.:hmm:

What hasn't helped, I think, is that Stern have been hyping this to the usual crowd when its obviously not pitched at them. I don't know what reaction they were expecting really. It's like when Apple pitched the plastic iPhone 5C - existing Apple fans feel like hte company is losing focus, chasing the wrong market, and are offended that this new hyped product is the exact opposite of what they want, etc.

As you say it's a pin with no apparent market. It's far too expensive for home users, too gimmicky/watered down for pinball fans. Who does that leave? People rich enough to take a total punt on something they don't even know they'll like, beyond the fact "it's Star Wars" ?

“Hell yeah” 🤥
“Dude WTF - theres no Coin Door, looks, sounds and plays a bit weird.....is this a kiddies toy?”☹

Also - "you saved £1k? I thought you meant it cost £1k. That cost £4k??"

It wasn't to long ago that you could buy a brand new pinball from Stern before the LE, Prem Pro scandal for less than what this costs . It's a kids game at a adult price and I'm sure all the pinball community have no interest in it at all. Why make such a song and dance about the reveal to the pinball community (who have zero interested in this POS) is totally beyond me.

Goodness me what a piece of ****! I don't get how the people at Stern could possibly think this is a good idea. There surely isn't a market for something like this

It wasn't to long ago that you could buy a brand new pinball from Stern before the LE, Prem Pro scandal for less than what this costs . It's a kids game at a adult price and I'm sure all the pinball community have no interest in it at all. Why make such a song and dance about the reveal to the pinball community (who have zero interested in this POS) is totally beyond me.
I saw and played Black Knight Road Rage [emoji3] for first time last night.

It really struck me how stripped down these Pros are becoming. The big screen and fancy lighting seemingly replacing playfield features.

What was interesting was to then play Avatar and Iron Man immediately afterwards. Now remember on release both of these were accused of being stripped back, cheap feeling etc. But wow - these almost feel STACKED with features now in comparison.

Interesting to see what the next proper Stern games will offer.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom