What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More pins than space ? .....lets have a show of hands :)

Is it possible that it is not that you have more pins than space but you maybe just never understood how much pin space you had?

Could be or could just be that I can't stop buying them!!

Had to walk round pinball party with hands in pockets and only get them out for flipping.

So nearly bought the Black Hole :eek:

Welcome to the forum Just love pinball, thats an awesome collection. Please let me know if you want to sell the Centaur :)
Nice try ;) Good luck with that one! CENTAUR is such a hot pin at the moment. It was only released 4 months before VECTOR but you'd be hard pushed to find a total junk project for what I paid for my pretty good condition working VECTOR.

Given the choice (hope springs eternal) I'd go for the slightly rarer CENTAUR II. Would look real sweet sat next to MR & MRS PAC-MAN which has a similar backbox :D

mirror2.ipdb.org_images_477_Overall_view.jpg www.purcellvillepinball.com_images_mrandmrspacman_mmpm01.jpg

I know... I'm a sick man :p

So nearly bought the Black Hole :eek:
It's gone to Switzerland, apparently! BH is my grail pin and temptation was great too, although my decision was quickly tempered with not having a spare £800. But I had a good chat with another bloke whilst we had a dozen twos-up games and he pointed out several physical issues, including some large holes drilled below the backbox. The cabinet paintwork had suffered by having had a set of decals removed. I wasn't convinced that the Pascal MPU was running things 100% accurately (strange behaviour when counting down the bonus score). I also believe it was also an "export" model meaning it didn't have the rotating backglass and no synthesised speech. I'd want those in my BH.

Just brought another :) Scared Stiff :)
Thanks Julian for a well looked after machine, great collection, many thanks! LOVE that ACDC machine!
I have 10 now, room for 3 so minus 7 lol

Finally hit the tipping point: I have space for 3 pins and have just paid for pin number 3, to be collected on Monday. I think I may actually be out of space already because the cocktail cabinet Astro Fighter I've got is going to have to live underneath the pins for a while :eek:

Finally hit the tipping point: I have space for 3 pins and have just paid for pin number 3, to be collected on Monday. I think I may actually be out of space already because the cocktail cabinet Astro Fighter I've got is going to have to live underneath the pins for a while :eek:

You will soon learn that three wasn't your tipping point and it was actually about 6.

Or 9

I'm at 10

I say it's a tipping point because the glorified summerhouse I have is only big enough to set up 3 pins (8'6" square with a corner cut off for double-doors angle at 45 degress). It's also my home office and there is already only a 23" gap between the pins and my desk!

It's this thing, a FinnLife Riekko:

50285a2ee36de5c50d3b89ddce4f0e3a_original.jpg

It has a separate store room which I needed after losing storage space to a bedroom loft conversion. Here's are the plans with my 3 pins and desk drawn to scale. Remember I work in here all day and PARAGON is a full-on restoration project. I don't have a garage for storing tools or for working in!

Reikko.png

Doesn't matter how I jiggle everything the only way to fit a fourth pin would be to ditch the desk, but I really, really do need it ;)

I say it's a tipping point because the glorified summerhouse I have is only big enough to set up 3 pins (8'6" square with a corner cut off for double-doors angle at 45 degress). It's also my home office and there is already only a 23" gap between the pins and my desk!

It's this thing, a FinnLife Riekko:

View attachment 9819

It has a separate store room which I needed after losing storage space to a bedroom loft conversion. Here's are the plans with my 3 pins and desk drawn to scale. Remember I work in here all day and PARAGON is a full-on restoration project. I don't have a garage for storing tools or for working in!

View attachment 9820

Doesn't matter how I jiggle everything the only way to fit a fourth pin would be to ditch the desk, but I really, really do need it ;)

Sounds like cabin extension ahoy ! Did you see the guy on 'Shed of the Year' on Tv who just kept extending until it was 'L'
shaped. Used it as a spray shop with bar at one end. Cool as. Just needed a pin in it.

Re-capping on this thread, it's so good to see many others here have the sickness.... :)

Use the pins you're not using as a desk.

Or if you need it level , make a wedge that will sit on the glass making a level surface.

Couple of blocks of wood under your chair, tada room for one more pin and still have a desk...

Maybe you're just not trying hard enough :rofl:

I was thinking maybe I could use the Astro Fighter cocktail cabinet as a desk? It's seen better days as an arcade game, although it does still work but the monitor is dead, so maybe better used as a desk instead of being hidden away under the pins? Still wouldn't be able to fit in any more pins!

farm8.staticflickr.com_7034_13739199823_9e6c4ca7aa_c.jpg

You'll do anything to be top of the post rankings.... ;)

Must have caught the missus in a good mood tonight. When pins are out of the existing games room, she's claimed it as 'hers' and 'I' can have the living room space, which nicely has room for four pins in a line at the back. I visualize a Stern lineup... Result. :thumbs:

I am hoping I have a cellar under my project house but haven't found it yet. Not sure it would make a great games room though as the access looks very tight.
What I have noticed is that the more pins I have, the less likely I am to fix any breaks, I just move to a working pin. :(

Back
Top Bottom