What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More pins than space ? .....lets have a show of hands :)

Picked up no.5 for my garage on friday:-o
Have to make space now for MMr, hopefully incoming sometime this summer.:thumbs:

Like most on here I guess, I have become an expert in storage management and am constantly eyeing up which cupboards to lose next, hanging bikes and other big stuff from the rafters etc

I really will have to stop at 6 or the missus eyes will roll out of the top of her head.:rolleyes:

Still working out where to cram my first one in my flat!:D Currently working on it in the garage but want it done and out of there before winter, might have to ditch the dining table or sofa. ;)
Loose both the dinning table and the sofa and put two in. That saves you making the decision of which to ditch.

Loose both the dinning table and the sofa and put two in. That saves you making the decision of which to ditch.

Dangerous thinking, that. I could probably actually fit three or four in that way, at which point I'd be looking at the telly to decide if I really need that either! This hobby should come with a health warning. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dangerous thinking, that. I could probably actually fit three or four in that way, at which point I'd be looking at the telly to decide if I really need that either! This hobby should come with a health warning. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you can get 4 machines (2 back to back) in the space, when it's tea time, you can fold down the back boxes and get some bar stools, then you have a 4 seat dining table

I've got 7 set-up, and 4 folded due to no space to have them set-up, 3 more on order (but planning to add 2 to that)!

Next step is pinball shack....

Urggg, I got out of this obsession for a few years, I was quite happy with 2, then the bug bit me again...

If you have a line of pins,it is possible to gain space by pulling every second one towards you by the depth of the backbox. The 'Stagger' will allow you to close the space between the machines, and depending on the number in the line-up, allow you to set-up another. If you have two lines then the stagger should be made to allow space between facing pins for glass removal....... Pinball Tetris.

Over capacity in my garage with Martin coming with Shadow tomorrow, Johnny's head is upstairs with the rest of him to follow when I have a second pair of hands.

Over capacity in my garage with Martin coming with Shadow tomorrow, Johnny's head is upstairs with the rest of him to follow when I have a second pair of hands.

Could be very slippy and sticky if Martin comes with Shadow in you garage :eek:

Does Gill know what you are doing with Johnny's head upstairs or is she helping?

Could be very slippy and sticky if Martin comes with Shadow in you garage :eek:

Does Gill know what you are doing with Johnny's head upstairs or is she helping?
Gill helped with Johnny's head.

Play field and cabinet are a bit beyond her though. I can lift the play field myself once its out the cabinet but getting it out (without damaging anything) is tricky on your own.

I seem to be going the wrong way.

I am supposed to be thinning the collection down so I can have most if not all set up for play/working on.

Just made a 500 mile round trip yesterday to pick up a TAF :rolleyes:

Guy had bought it off a closing down arcade 18 years ago so its in pretty decent order other than needing a good clean and a few bulbs... :clap:

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 2
Nice work. I would say 500 miles is a worth doing for a nice TAF. I still come back to TAF and re-click with it. :clap:

Nice work. I would say 500 miles is a worth doing for a nice TAF. I still come back to TAF and re-click with it. :clap:
Agreed. Same mileage for TAF here too. Worth it for a good one, but luckily I planned it around necessary work travel to make it more efficient. "Who says you can't take it with you??"

I wonder what the best/worst game to high/low mileage ratio is for members on here? E.g. a 10000mile round trip to pick up a Bugs Bunny, or a Medieval Madness (for examples' sake) from your next door neighbour.

I wonder what the best/worst game to high/low mileage ratio is for members on here? E.g. a 10000mile round trip to pick up a Bugs Bunny, or a Medieval Madness (for examples' sake) from your next door neighbour.

Take your pick...
Neil @Fishbulb has made a few long journey's collecting a Tron LE from the German/Austrian Border; my Tron Pro from Luxemburg.
Mat @Matt Vince has collected a van load from Italy before now.

I did a 240 mile round trip to get a creature which didnt fit in the car so was half sticking out for the drive back. Was less than £600 though so all good.

Pushed the table in untill the backbox jammed against the roof of the opening, tied a bit of string to the wiper and then to the towing screw thingy to stop the boot bouncing. Got some weird looks but didnt get the interest of the boys in blue (well its green here but you know what i mean)

I'm not allowed machines in the house, but can have 5 comfortably set up in the games room/garage. Had 8 until earlier this year, which meant I could only actually play 3 of them, so back down to a more manageble number.

Slightly o/t but does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to pay for proper storage for games, once of these places where they are locked up in a secure, dry environment?

Cheers, Mark

Back
Top Bottom