What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More pins than space ? .....lets have a show of hands :)

Slightly o/t but does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to pay for proper storage for games, once of these places where they are locked up in a secure, dry environment?

totally depends on your location. i'm inside the M25, and was paying £85/month for a space that i could only just cram 4 games in, i think it was about 6x6 or 7x7. that was Access storage. anyway, complete ripoff. i just changed by looking at people renting out their garage, now i have a single-brick 16x8 for the same price.

i expect if you're out in the sticks you can probably hire a lock-up for peanuts

Why not let a trusted. Pinhead babysit your games ?
You get space and a pinhead you trust gets to look after / play your games.
No brained.

Currently working on a arcade room in my garage that would allow for 8-10 pins depending on tightness

Now I just have to get buying another 7 pins and have it fill up!

Currently working on a arcade room in my garage that would allow for 8-10 pins depending on tightness

Now I just have to get buying another 7 pins and have it fill up!

Don't forget the extra 3 feet in front of each machine you need to allow the glass off. I overestimated my garage capacity because of that.

Ah, for a few extra inches......

Don't forget the extra 3 feet in front of each machine you need to allow the glass off. I overestimated my garage capacity because of that.

Ah, for a few extra inches......

I'll remember that, it will be a good few years by the time I have so many pins that space becomes an issue anyway haha

I'll remember that, it will be a good few years by the time I have so many pins that space becomes an issue anyway haha

Don't you believe it... as soon as there's any space it gets filled up pretty much straight away! Law of pinball land - empty space means room for a pin... and another and another...

Don't you believe it... as soon as there's any space it gets filled up pretty much straight away! Law of pinball land - empty space means room for a pin... and another and another...

Dont really even need the space, just buy them then worry where you are going to put them.

Seems to be how I work anyhow.... also why I have no room though

Thanks Dan, worth looking into!
Cheers Replicas, good idea! I would prefer a pin to be played than stored, but wouldn't want to inconvenience people if I needed to get it/sell it! Will give it some thought though!

Cheers, Mark

As someone who has had a lot of pins on loan from several different people I'll say that it's absolutely no inconvenience at all when someone asks for a game back.
The last one that came & went was here for 8 days - no problem at all...I got to play a game I don't have for 8 days straight - certainly cheaper & more convenient than trying to find & play one on-site somewhere!

If you have "spare" games & people you can trust (relatively) nearby then I would say lend away, you get to keep your pin & you give someone else a huge amount of pleasure [emoji1]

As someone signed up to the "Pinball Foster Programme" I agree with @Wizards_Hat, it is a real pleasure to look after other peoples games.
Sometimes a foster pin has issues that have made them unloved, or a collector wants to save them but can't house them. Those of us in the "Pinball Foster Programme" step in to take on these pins with issues.
The pin gets a place to relax with some stability, it gets to spend time with other pins and get played in a sensitive way that lets them feel loved.
Us fosterers try to fix their issues and help them through a difficult period in their lives. Though I am being seriously tested by A13 that keeps developing faults :(.
Come winter, when I can't work on the garden or the outside of the house, I expect to happily spend my spare time working on the pins and get them all fully working.

9 pins at work - soon to be 10
2 pins and 3 vids in the office at home
37 vids in the double garage
50+ vids at my parents house in storage
40+ vids in my storage unit.
8 vids and 1 pin at friends place

:oops:

If there's a Power drift in there I will buy it :thumbs:

Had PIin at my borthers for a few years now,and now I recently dropped off a TAF he is happy.Pudsey pinball also graciously babysat a few too over the years.
Need a buyer for my EM,and prob a babysitter for HH in the coming months - anyone?

Small house - I have room for only 3.
Ended up with 4 in the garage, 1 in the kitchen, 1 upstairs in half to get it up there, 1 at a friends and 2 at my mums!
So at mine, 4 playable but in trouble if glass needs to slide out!

Own 9 - Centaur, Addams Family, Funhouse, High Speed II, Theatre of Magic, Strange Science, Black Knight, Medieval Madness and Tales of the Arabian Nights

Back
Top Bottom