What's new

Martin The Delivery Man

Was chatting to Martin a few months ago when he was gonna pick something up from me for someone else... He was saying that he wanted to take on someone else but was difficult finding someone that he could trust to assist.... It's a business that he's built up from nothing and obviously his baby - and I know from experience how difficult it can be to let go something like that...

Anyvan.com, used several times now with no issues and machine normally turns up in a day or two.

Before I used Martin I used several other couriers. The worst was one that delivered my TAF. Head still up, legs on. Chucked into the back of the van with **** loads of other crap. Driver and his mate offloaded it. Chipped the cab badly and left it in front of my house. Getting it inside is always a 2 person job as it's a terrace. Had to pay them another £40 to help carry it inside despite saying this was a requirement with the original booking:confused:. Compare that to a man who cares, is very flexible about delivery and always willing to help set up.

Only downside is that my wife now recognises himand his voice and so has cottoned on that another machine is about to appear if I get a call

It is difficult to get hold of him - multiple messages seem to work! But worth it as great guy and always goes the extra mile.

Spoke to him a few times over the past 2 days. He picked something up for today at really short notice which was awesome.

I think he is in our neck of the woods early next week Rudi.

Rudi you can always edit ^^^your messages you know. This is Martin's business that he relies on to pay his mortgage. As everyone has said many many times, with Martin you may hafta put up with a bit of uncertainty but you get a safe and reliable delivery.

Rudi you can always edit ^^^your messages you know. This is Martin's business that he relies on to pay his mortgage. As everyone has said many many times, with Martin you may hafta put up with a bit of uncertainty but you get a safe and reliable delivery.

I've got no prob with him or having to wait my only gripe is lack of contact / updates. Atleast it looks like we have progress. Where are you to deano your not down quite this far are you?

I take it you can't wait to get your hands dirty with the Firepower then Rudi ?
We will all have to brace ourselfs for the shed load of questions and the like from you once it lands.
I am still geting over the one's from the Shadow, don't think I could cope with it all again.

Just seen this - just wanted to add my voice to the others confirming what an excellent job Martin does. Ive used him a few times, and can say without hesitation that I know whatever he picks up will arrive at its destination in exactly the same condition it is sent in. Not only that, but for me the main thing is he can collect from me evenings/weekends, which is perfect as I am at work during the day. When I sell items on eBay etc, I actually specify that I do not accept collection by courier with Martin being the only exception as he is the only person who can collect when I am at home.

Not sure about lack of updates etc - he's told me when he will be collecting, and when he is delivering - which is all I need to know. I know companies like Royal Mail etc let you track progess of your shipment every time it moves a few feet, but most people don't need that sort of detail.

I think the only problem is, as others have already said, Martin is a victim of his own success and has a huge base of loyal customers, which keep him very busy!

Cheers, Mark

Just seen this - just wanted to add my voice to the others confirming what an excellent job Martin does. Ive used him a few times, and can say without hesitation that I know whatever he picks up will arrive at its destination in exactly the same condition it is sent in. Not only that, but for me the main thing is he can collect from me evenings/weekends, which is perfect as I am at work during the day. When I sell items on eBay etc, I actually specify that I do not accept collection by courier with Martin being the only exception as he is the only person who can collect when I am at home.

Not sure about lack of updates etc - he's told me when he will be collecting, and when he is delivering - which is all I need to know. I know companies like Royal Mail etc let you track progess of your shipment every time it moves a few feet, but most people don't need that sort of detail.

I think the only problem is, as others have already said, Martin is a victim of his own success and has a huge base of loyal customers, which keep him very busy!

Cheers, Mark

As I've already said I've used him befor and his service is second to none yeah you may have to wait abit more than other services. Just when he says a couple weeks ago he's gonna pick it up and people wait in ect and you don't hear anything it's only natural to loose hope is all. I reckon if he had 1 or 2 more people working for him trained to his standards he'd be making a mint

I take it you can't wait to get your hands dirty with the Firepower then Rudi ?
We will all have to brace ourselfs for the shed load of questions and the like from you once it lands.
I am still geting over the one's from the Shadow, don't think I could cope with it all again.

Yup I miss the tinkering now the shadows done.

Oi you should be more encouraging of someone willing to learn :0p. Least my shop log and umpteen questions will help someone else at some point. I think I did very well for my first attempt..... So there

Way too much editing of posts on here these days! Dread's reply now doesnt make any sense and would just seem confusing to everyone who didnt read the post above it before it was edited to say something completly different!

Way too much editing of posts on here these days! Dread's reply now doesnt make any sense and would just seem confusing to everyone who didnt read the post above it before it was edited to say something completly different!
Just had to edit to cancel, yup, you are on the money.

or spawn another WOZ limited edition run - I'm thinking the Yellow Brick road with all yellow powder coating and real lolipops instead of targets.

Back
Top Bottom