What's new

Martin The Delivery Man

He gets hammered on the phone so ignores it most of the time. He will get back to you eventually i'm sure.

I had a great experience with a company called 'Hadfields' recently who cover all of the UK. My pin took a week to get picked up and delivered and cost £78 for the service. Very professional and I totally recommend them.

http://www.hadfieldstransport.com/

Have you talked to the guy who you have bought the machine of to see if it has been picked up ?

yeah he txt me yesterday saying hes not heard from him he was going to pick it up last week maybe hes just been to busy just nice to be updated Ill give him a ring monday when hes back on the road

He's got 2 of mine in transit also so I am looking forward to seeing him, I can always get hold of him though even if it means trying a couple of times, day time only, (not sure if he replies in the evening) which is fair enough, work and playtime are two different things.

He's got 2 of mine in transit also so I am looking forward to seeing him, I can always get hold of him though even if it means trying a couple of times, day time only, (not sure if he replies in the evening) which is fair enough, work and playtime are two different things.
Whats "playtime" ? Sounds interesting.

I had one that needed some work, it went to Gaz earlier this year when I was having a pinball purge to raise some money, my heart was not into pinball or repair at the time so shifted about 5-6 machines, JD, FH, FS, NGG, SH and STTNG maybe more (it's a blur) just thought I would rope one back in :), I think that FH has something about it and I am pretty excited about the restored one, there is no way I could make the time to do a resto these days (MB and WH20 was enough) and when you add up all the material costs and time it is way more economical to buy a Blue Peter if you can get one at a decent price.

Last edited:
Thats a good sign.
Also your back on here so it looks like you have got it back.

I recently used Martin to pick up and deliver my RFM and after several days of no communication I lost my rag and text him that he really needs to work on his communication. It didn't go down well!. Sure he spends a lot of time driving but that shouldn't be more than about 3 hours at a time, it shouldn't take more than half a day to get a reply.

Nice work on the FH Andy. I'm midway through shopping the FH. It's been stripped since about July but I've been flat out busy at work so hopefully I can remember how to reassemble it!!!

Hi Gaz, glad you are bringing it back to life mate, it would still be there in the same condition if I had it, I have opted for the lazy bastard approach, if you get stuck and need any pics of specific locations, drop me a line, even with pics I still have one 906 flasher hanging in mid air under my WH20, god knows where that goes but I can't say I miss it doing it's thing.

Last edited:
Don't blame you mate. I would if I could afford it!! I'll post a shop log when I know it's nearing completion. FH is my grail pin. One day I'll have a minter.

i know that Martin comes on here sometimes, so i'm sure he'll see this and make the necessary reactions/responses. He is good people, he's one of us, he provides a great service (ie safe, reliable and cheap) but you may have to wait a day or two extra compared to some other available options sometimes.

i could possibly get cheaper (but not much!) and perhaps get someone who will call me every day with an update (if you tell him this is important to you, i bet he'd do his best) but i still know i'd rather trust Martin than any stranger with a pinball machine delivery for me thanks. That eternal triangle - you can have any 2 of these: Price/Speed/Quality - but you can't ever have all three, or the business will go bust. i choose Quality first so Martin will continue to get all my business.

Yeah Martin is a top chap tbh I expect he gets loads of texts ect from us as he's driving and forgets to reply /ring back. I surprised he don't answer more often because he likes a good ok chat lol. I'll give him a bell Monday bet he's well busy at the mo with the Xmas machine cull in full swing

Yup, I can confirm Martin has gone way and above the call of duty on my behalf on more than one occasion, he retrieved at least two pins that most couriers would not entertain, machines that were either way off the beaten track or in the bottom of some inaccessible garden that was a ball ache access, at the end of the day you will get your machine, it will have been cared for and the guy delivering it will always have a smile on his face.

Can't ever see me swapping from using Martin. Yes, it can take a lot longer than some other couriers but I trust him and he's always really willing to go the extra mile. Think he's become a victim of his own success as he's stretched to the limit as we all use him now.

You're not asking some bloke to pick up a wardrobe. These machines are valuable complex pieces of equipment which often need treating with kid gloves. An understanding of this is essential when moving them. ( see the star trek eBay listing in the other thread) imagine paying white van man to collect your MM because he's £10 cheaper and will do it in a week, only to find a huge scratch down the side of the cab because he's "misjudged the width !!"
Martin is a collector himself and knows the crack.
My mates ( who don't get the whole arcade pinball thing!!) can't believe there's a guy called Martin the delivery man who is flat out busy running privately owned machines around the country.
Don't forget there's a yahoo group, an EM yahoo group, ukvac, jamma+, fruity forums and others I'm sure I haven't mentioned constantly trading.
Speaking to Martin last month , I know he's having problems with his bro-in-law helping him out and generally getting threaders with the demanding folk out there.
Bare this in mind peeps. He's a legend and all these people can't be wrong. There's a similar thread on the other forums too. A couple of disgruntled folk to a hundred supporters .

I spoke to martin 3 weeks ago when he picked up from me ,he was soooo busy that he was thinking of setting on someone full time to help,he delivers a great service for the pinball community but also for the jama guys and loads of others too,rude dog is awaiting martin to pick up from me again if it's needed I'll take game to martin if it helps him out as he's a 40 min drive from me .........................patience my friends

Martin is a great guy and I wouldn't use anyone else, but he is over-doing it in my opinion. Because of his excellent reputation he has built a great business which in effect is a 1-man logistics company.

He could do with someone answering the phone, taking messages, getting back to customers with updates etc. In other words keeping us away from the man while he does his job.

Back
Top Bottom