What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

London Pinball League

Thanks to everyone that took part in the league this season, it has been great to see you all enjoying playing pinball!

The full results are available HERE

I would like to thank Nick for all his help at both meets inputting scores and general spreadsheet wizardry. Claire and Lucy for their delicious cakes. Stan for technical support today and Robin for his technical support at the club in general. Plus all the founders and the club for hosting.

Thanks to everyone that took part in the league this season, it has been great to see you all enjoying playing pinball!

The full results are available HERE

I would like to thank Nick for all his help at both meets inputting scores and general spreadsheet wizardry. Claire and Lucy for their delicious cakes. Stan for technical support today and Robin for his technical support at the club in general. Plus all the founders and the club for hosting.
Thanks for a great Day @Matt Vince and all at Pinball Republic London, very welcoming as ever, my missus Claire and Daughter Ellie had an amazing time,

I quite like being in the hall of fame, loverly trophy 🏆 pride of place at home, funny enough next to a deadpool head,

Was touch and go after Dave tucker absolutely tore me a new one of GOT, I definitely need a lot more practise on that,

Thanks
Itch

interesting choice of games. didn’t have time to wax GOT but cleaned it and looking at the scores need to fix that pronto! Shame you didn’t use Metallica - I’ve even outdone myself on how tough that it now 😂😂

Thanks Matt and company for putting this on.

Despite in the end being the bottom place adult who did both days.. ill take that considering how enjoyable it was, and getting to meet some lovely people in the community for the first time. ☺

Congratulations to all the finalists, I wish I could have stayed to watch!

Last edited:
Thank you so much @Matt Vince for hosting yesterday, it was great to see everyone as always! Such a wonderful, friendly atmosphere.

I had some really bad games yesterday (like Flash Gordon instantly draining down the middle twice off the plunger!), so it was a genuine surprise to get 3rd place in the women's division, I had been sat in the mess room reading a book and didn't even know the ceremony was on - thank you @Genotime for coming to find me!! 😁

I had a lot of happy crying yesterday and it's definitely going to live in pride of place now. 😂

Congrats @Itch on the win! Well done!

Looking forward to the next one!

Attachments

• IMG-20220227-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20220227-WA0012.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 25
Thank you so much @Matt Vince for hosting yesterday, it was great to see everyone as always! Such a wonderful, friendly atmosphere.

I had some really bad games yesterday (like Flash Gordon instantly draining down the middle twice off the plunger!), so it was a genuine surprise to get 3rd place in the women's division, I had been sat in the mess room reading a book and didn't even know the ceremony was on - thank you @Genotime for coming to find me!! 😁

I had a lot of happy crying yesterday and it's definitely going to live in pride of place now. 😂

Congrats @Itch on the win! Well done!

Looking forward to the next one!
Well done @Lecari, I didn’t get the chance to say hi yesterday

Keep meaning to say hi and talk about Ted😁👍

Congratulations on the win!
I'm sure I'd have been up there if I hadn't been drinking (and was good at Pinball)
🥴
There was some seriously impressive play 🏆 I went back to GoT about three times waiting for Tux's (Dave Tucker?) game to finish. It was a real pleasure to watch and learn as I still don't know how to nudge successfully, nor did I know how to play GoT.

It must have rubbed off because GoT was one of my best scores, despite never having played it before.

Just a heads up - two attendees have since tested positive for covid - whilst it’s not certain that PBR is the location of the source folks should test themselves.

always worth doing a LFT before going to any large event.

Last edited by a moderator:
David and I both woke up with colds/flu today (coughs, sore throat, fever) so I have done an LFT - it came back negative but I will continue to test just to be on the safe side...

We all had Omicron symptomatically between 24th December and 10th January with the exception of Hector (Flipper Beast) who has - so far - survived his entire family with symptomatic COVID-19 AND a multi-child/teacher classroom outbreak without displaying any symptoms...

So, I'm assuming we're not in the running to get it again... :oops:

I also still FFP3 mask up everywhere but, to be honest, that's now more about trying to fend off the common cold than it is COVID. Unfortunately, I have an undiagnosed immune disorder that means the common cold can generate symptoms ranging from painfully swollen toes to mouth ulcers and insomnia. It's a bit of a losing battle, as I'm living with the world's most snotty (and affectionate) toddler, but the more disease flares I can prevent, the happier (and more productive) I am!

I'm surprised I avoided it all this time.
Every cloud has a silver lining as I had two awful jobs at work Thursday and Friday
But off for two weeks from Saturday 🙄 was hoping to do some overtime to pay for pinball 😔🤣

we are upto 6 people who have tested positive and a couple who feel ill but not yet tested positive - please do a LFT especially if you plan to come to the club tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised I avoided it all this time.
Every cloud has a silver lining as I had two awful jobs at work Thursday and Friday
But off for two weeks from Saturday 🙄 was hoping to do some overtime to pay for pinball 😔🤣
Take care @David_Vi and @Lecari 🤗

We are both over 40 and clinically vulnerable (and triple jabbed) and our bout of symptomatic omicron was a bad cold with tiredness. So, hopefully you’ll get off lightly too.

David has just tested positive, sadly - I'm still coming up negative.

We have both managed to avoid it until now (we're both double jabbed), but I guess it was inevitable we'd catch it eventually!
Both Jo and myself are triple jabbed and we've managed to avoid it so far. Jo teaches disabled children so has been in full PPE since the start and I've been working from home and its only pinball that has finally drawn me out of my hermit lifestyle. Now though, we've both decided to get out and get living again so there's a feeling of inevitability to it here too.

Hope you guys only get a light dusting of Rona.

I have the COVID

I've been triple jabbed so hopefully won't be too bad but I know a guy who was similarly jabbed and he got it bad and was feeling drained for at least a couple of months. Got a horrible rash all over his body!

Back
Top Bottom