What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

London Pinball League

Thank you to everyone for today and in particular for making my daughter, sister and good friend Marcus feel so welcome. Marcus and my sister don't even play pinball but they've both said that they'll return.

Thanks to the Vince's for my birthday cake and the medals for the kids were a great touch.

Also there was some outstanding cheescake on offer with the Oreo variety just edging it.

The club is an outstanding place and incredibly relaxed . . . an absolute triumph.

On a side note I managed to have a game of TNA that lasted longer than 30 seconds šŸ˜Ž

Really enjoyed today - great to see everyone and meet some new people too, @VeeMonroe @OTRawrior! Glad everyone enjoyed the cheesecakes šŸ˜

Special well done to @Jackpot's son James, who did amazingly well!

I am so chuffed with my third place in the women's division - was having a great day anyway and was an awesome surprise! I will be using this every morning for my coffee šŸ˜

Attachments

• IMG-20220206-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20220206-WA0015.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 25
Really enjoyed today - great to see everyone and meet some new people too, @VeeMonroe @OTRawrior! Glad everyone enjoyed the cheesecakes šŸ˜

Special well done to @Jackpot's son James, who did amazingly well!

I am so chuffed with my third place in the women's division - was having a great day anyway and was an awesome surprise! I will be using this every morning for my coffee šŸ˜
Lovely to finally meet you @Lecari! And Congratulations! I will 100% use your recipe for no-bake cheesecakes when I next need a casual bake :D It was also great to finally meet you, @David_Vi and @MajesticPinball.

Also, to meet @Jackpot, Lan, James and Michael. Very well done James! Thanks for @Matt Vince for being so welcoming to my ā€™Flipper Beastā€™. And brilliant to meet you @Chris P - congratulations on your top score!

@Gonzo, great to finally meet you (and your daughter). The only reason I didnā€™t completely blow at Harlem Globetrotters (which is a brilliant pin, BTW) is because Iā€™d watched your FlipOut tour video and knew that, regardless of everything I didnā€™t know (including all of the rules), I just had to remember not to get ā€˜scissoredā€™ by the flippers on the LHS!

[NB: It was very hard to get a picture of the Flipper Beast NOT looking completely manic with his medal - he was bouncing around with such joy that he was almost impossible to photograph!]
097D5339-6AA4-4B5B-AF25-96C73CFC1B47.jpeg

Last edited:
Lovely to finally meet you @Lecari! And Congratulations! I will 100% use your recipe for no-bake cheesecakes when I next need a casual bake :D It was also great to finally meet you, @David_Vi and @MajesticPinball.

Also, to meet @Jackpot, Lan, James and Michael. Very well done James! Thanks for @Matt Vince for being so welcoming to my ā€™Flipper Beastā€™. And brilliant to meet you @Chris P - congratulations on your top score!

@Gonzo, great to finally meet you (and your daughter). The only reason I didnā€™t completely blow at Harlem Globetrotters (which is a brilliant pin, BTW) is because Iā€™d watched your FlipOut tour video and knew that, regardless of everything I didnā€™t know (including all of the rules), I just had to remember not to get ā€˜scissoredā€™ by the flippers on the LHS!

[NB: It was very hard to get a picture of the Flipper Beast NOT looking completely manic with his medal - he was bouncing around with such joy that he was almost impossible to photograph!]
View attachment 160204
Glad he is happy with his medal,

On a separate note what pitch have you got your gz set at, does the ball roll up the playfield?

Attachments

• AADBD407-8F8B-489B-83F2-0C4398E96B79.jpeg
    AADBD407-8F8B-489B-83F2-0C4398E96B79.jpeg
    17.8 KB · Views: 14
A fantastic day of Pinball!

Nice to meet a few new faces as well as people we now consider friendsšŸ˜

I wasn't sure if I could do the 27th meet as I start work at 0417 the next day, but I'm considering it now as I should be able to get at least 6hrs sleep!

Can't leave myself middle table and able to fall.

Road Show plays so differently to mine and I got an appalling score for a RS lover of 200mil. But was happy to see @bartron blow it up with over a billion. So maybe it was just me šŸ¤£

Glad he is happy with his medal,

On a separate note what pitch have you got your gz set at, does the ball roll up the playfield?

Ball doesnā€™t roll up the playfield.

This is how we levelled itā€¦ Not sure how else to do that!

It seems to play relatively fast - like Neilā€™s Godzilla Pro in FlipOutā€¦
6D7C26CA-FCFF-478B-ADE1-3E7BD149BA4E.jpeg

Depends on the feet I think.
I find raising the rear legs up fully and adjusting with the front is easier in long term

I find raising the rear legs up fully and adjusting with the front is easier in long term
Although easier to adjust, it does make the machine less stable than lowering the front legs to their lowest and using the rear to adjust slope.

It does also make a difference as to how the table reacts to nudges.

The only reason I didnā€™t completely blow at Harlem Globetrotters (which is a brilliant pin, BTW) is because Iā€™d watched your FlipOut tour video and knew that, regardless of everything I didnā€™t know (including all of the rules), I just had to remember not to get ā€˜scissoredā€™ by the flippers on the LHS!

French players/operators disliked the feature (which all the manufacturers tried at the time) enough for French production of Paragon to have it eliminated. Stern's Big Game, which had them on both sides, was kinder, with short rails behind the outer flippers. And I seem to recall a Zaccaria game, Time Machine, having special paddles on the outer flippers, with an arc of additional plastic to fill-in the gap.

Last edited:
French players/operators disliked the feature (which all the manufacturers tried at the time) enough for French production of Paragon to have it eliminated. Stern's Big Game, which had them on both sides, was kinder, with short rails behind the outer flippers. And I seem to recall Zaccaria games with this having special paddles on the outer flippers, with an arc of additional plastic to fill-in the gap.
Big game doesnā€™t have rails it has a hard bit of ball guide - itā€™s impossible to scissor yourself.

The Laser Cue they were playing at INDISC last night had the same - right double flipper with wire guide.

That game looked really cool actually, wonder if there's many to play in the UK šŸ‘€

I recall a short length of flat guide with two brackets, to block the gap exposed with the outer flipper raised. Sorry for the misleading description earlier.

Laser Cue is one of Williams re-treads of early (or earlier) 80's games. The original for it was Alien Poker. Cards and pool, two ever popular themes.

French players/operators disliked the feature (which all the manufacturers tried at the time) enough for French production of Paragon to have it eliminated. Stern's Big Game, which had them on both sides, was kinder, with short rails behind the outer flippers. And I seem to recall Zaccaria games with this having special paddles on the outer flippers, with an arc of additional plastic to fill-in the gap.
I absolutely loved the scissors. I was covetously Googling Paragon last night! :oops:

Back
Top Bottom