What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

London Pinball League

@Gonzo, great to finally meet you (and your daughter). The only reason I didn’t completely blow at Harlem Globetrotters (which is a brilliant pin, BTW) is because I’d watched your FlipOut tour video and knew that, regardless of everything I didn’t know (including all of the rules), I just had to remember not to get ‘scissored’ by the flippers on the LHS!
Sadly, despite having played Harlem Globe Trotters a few times now and knowing this, I still managed to get scissored twice!

I recall a short length of flat guide with two brackets, to block the gap exposed with the outer flipper raised. Sorry for the misleading description earlier.

Laser Cue is one of Williams re-treads of early (or earlier) 80's games. The original for it was Alien Poker. Cards and pool, two ever popular themes.

we have an alien poker at PBR

I was covetously Googling Paragon last night! :oops:

It shows my age, but in the mid 80s a small arcade in the nearby seaside town of Porthcawl had a Paragon, along with the Stern games Meteor and Seawitch. Spoilt for choice, or what? My over-riding recollection of Paragon is working on the in-line targets, reaching the saucer behind them for 5X and then again for an extra ball. Then the Special lamp on the saucer lit up, followed by the clunk of the targets re-setting. Damn!

Is the artwork a bit much, these days? I was a little uncomfortable with it at the time.

Last edited:
Is the artwork a bit much, these days? I was a little uncomfortable with it at the time.
I like a good bit of Larry Elmore-esque cheesy fantasy art.

It’s very much of its time and it’s not - from what I can see from the pictures - offending any group of which I’m not a member!

Paragon is evil. full stop. pretty enough but then Paul Faris is a genius. Meteor Galaxy Seawitch and Flight 2000 are the only old Stern games that sold in decent numbers in the UK. Any other Stern is rare to very rare. Some like Iron Maiden only exist here due to being imported.

This Sunday's 2nd meet and Final's are fast approaching!!

All the trophies are in, we still have medals for the junior's that attend and Lucy is planning the next cake!

Doors open at 10am for practice and all scores need to be registered by 4 pm so the finals can start.

We look forward to seeing you all on Sunday at Pinball Republic.

This Sunday's 2nd meet and Final's are fast approaching!!

All the trophies are in, we still have medals for the junior's that attend and Lucy is planning the next cake!

Doors open at 10am for practice and all scores need to be registered by 4 pm so the finals can start.

We look forward to seeing you all on Sunday at Pinball Republic.
We have childcare arranged for our little Pi-Bo Wizard so, hopefully, will be there again with our "Flipper Beast" 🤞

Our Flipper Beast wrote about his medal from a reception class project! 🥰

It's great to hear that he enjoyed himself and that the medal had the desired effect!

“most average”. Cue arguments about what average means. 😉

Now if their was a “most inconsistent” award I might be in with a shot. Don’t think I’ve ever had a day without at least 2 Truro dreadful scores.

If you haven't been to the club before (or recently) here is the current line up of games:

Godzilla
Avengers Infinity Quest Premium
Iron Maiden Premium
Metallica LE
Game of thrones Premium
Guardians of the Galaxy
Iron Man
The Walking Dead Premium
AC/DC Premium
The Big Lobowski
Medieval Madness
Attack from Mars
Addams Family
Twilight Zone
Cirqus Voltaire
Star Trek the next Generation
Fish Tales
The Shadow
Indy 500
Road Show
Dirty Harry
Black Rose
Ali
Nineball
Alien Poker
Whirlwind
Earthshaker
Batman Forever
Goldeneye
Tommy
Black Knight 2000
Bride of Pinbot
Beat the clock
The Simpsons pinball party
Future Spa
Harlem Globe Trotters
Spirit
Revenge from Mars
High Speed
Genie
Space Shuttle
Rollergames
Junk Yard
Corvette
Wizard!
Scared Stiff
Flash Gordon
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Full Throttle
Medusa
Embryon
Skateball
Quicksilver
Gigi
Total Nuclear Annihilation
Robot
Spooky
Farfalla
Pinball Champ 82
Demolition man

There is a cheesecake on the way!

If someone could bring some paper plates and/or a big knife though that would be great - I haven't got any with me!

Back
Top Bottom