What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

London Pinball League

Matt Vince

Site Supporter
Matt Vince added a new event:

London Pinball League

Season 16 of the London Pinball League will take place over 2 meets at Flip Out. The dates are 6th and 27th Feb with doors open from 11am on both days. Each meet consists of 10 games with a final for the top 8 at the end of the second meet. Playing in the league is free but you will need to pay to enter the club.

Previous winners can be found here https://www.londonpinball.co.uk/hall-of-fame/

Read more about this event...

I'm in ☺ large chance of coming in last but 🤷🏻‍♂️

Excuse the newbie questions:
Overall ranking is some sum of the two meets right? (as opposed to best of either meet for example)

Is the format of the day roughly like - turn up from 11, pay the flip out fee, get given a scorecard of the competition machines, play one game on each, write the score down and have someone else sign off on it, spend the rest of the time playing other games, milling about, chatting, and on the second meet watching the top 8 finals?

I'm in ☺ large chance of coming in last but 🤷🏻‍♂️

Excuse the newbie questions:
Overall ranking is some sum of the two meets right? (as opposed to best of either meet for example)

Is the format of the day roughly like - turn up from 11, pay the flip out fee, get given a scorecard of the competition machines, play one game on each, write the score down and have someone else sign off on it, spend the rest of the time playing other games, milling about, chatting, and on the second meet watching the top 8 finals?

Got it in one!

Going! Will there be a junior division this year Matt? Aiming to bring the whole family along to take part. Should be a lot of fun, thanks for organising!

Bump - in case anyone missed this the first time, or reminders for others as we get closer to the dates.

Have you ever wanted to take part in the Flip Out Thursday night league but can't due to distance /it being a weeknight?

Or do you just enjoy pinball and wouldn't mind comparing your scores against others in a friendly environment? (there is no head to head play except for the top 8).

This league series is similar in format but being run over 2 Sundays in Feb - Feb 6th and Feb 27th. Full details above. All standards are very welcome and there usually is a good turnout for this fun event.

Hope to see some of you there!

Yuen

May I just check if I have to attend both days or if I can just compete on Day 2? Thanks.

May I just check if I have to attend both days or if I can just compete on Day 2? Thanks.
Hi @HokP - It's absolutely fine to come along for just one of the two days. On each day different games are selected and so you can post/compare your scores against all those who also come on Day 2 - there will be standings calculated for all participants on Day 2. (the same for Day 1)

The overall winners are calculated by adding together results/points from Day 1 and Day 2, but if you are not as worried about that and want to have a fun experience with a competitive aspect, I'd highly recommend coming along to whatever day you are able to make!

Happy to answer any other questions

Hi @HokP - It's absolutely fine to come along for just one of the two days. On each day different games are selected and so you can post/compare your scores against all those who also come on Day 2 - there will be standings calculated for all participants on Day 2. (the same for Day 1)

The overall winners are calculated by adding together results/points from Day 1 and Day 2, but if you are not as worried about that and want to have a fun experience with a competitive aspect, I'd highly recommend coming along to whatever day you are able to make!

Happy to answer any other questions
Thanks very much for your reply. I'm a newbie so just want to enter for the experience. In fact, I'd be shocked if I don't come last, even if I competed on both days! Planning to bring along my teenage daughter who has surprisingly expressed an interest in competing.

Thanks very much for your reply. I'm a newbie so just want to enter for the experience. In fact, I'd be shocked if I don't come last, even if I competed on both days! Planning to bring along my teenage daughter who has surprisingly expressed an interest in competing.
Great - please do. You might be surprised - it's a very relaxed environment and there will hopefully be plenty of newbies. All are welcome!

I am bringing my wife (who doesn't play much) along to play for the first time in a competition, and my two boys (8 and 6) will play as well! From speaking to others - I believe a few other children and new players will be coming as well, so nothing to worry about and your daughter should enjoy it too.

Great - please do. You might be surprised - it's a very relaxed environment and there will hopefully be plenty of newbies. All are welcome!

I am bringing my wife (who doesn't play much) along to play for the first time in a competition, and my two boys (8 and 6) will play as well! From speaking to others - I believe a few other children and new players will be coming as well, so nothing to worry about and your daughter should enjoy it too.
His notoriously terrible brother is also attending whose main purpose at these things is to boost egos and donate wins across the board. *Wave

His notoriously terrible brother is also attending whose main purpose at these things is to boost egos and donate wins across the board. *Wave
Another last place play off maybe 🤔

Was great to meet you gene on Saturday, your positivity is infectious 👌

I will be in Los Angeles playing at the Open World Championship!

I’m a newbie (and female) and am planning to come with my husband and older boy (aged 5).

Sadly, although our Pi-Bo Wizard (aged 2) can operate a plunger (and complete ”Ski-Shot”), he hasn’t mastered the flippers yet!

My five-year-old Flipper Beast is worried that he's not going to be competitive in the tournament because the other children are bigger than him.

As he's very concerned about this, I said I'd ask if there was any sort of weighting for age in the Juniors category?

My five-year-old Flipper Beast is worried that he's not going to be competitive in the tournament because the other children are bigger than him.

As he's very concerned about this, I said I'd ask if there was any sort of weighting for age in the Juniors category?

I didn't think there was a juniors category. It's just a league.
There's dedicated junior tournaments sometimes but not this one as far as I know?

Still it's about having fun and seeing how you compare. I don't expect to get close to most people but it's fun either way

I didn't think there was a juniors category. It's just a league.
There's dedicated junior tournaments sometimes but not this one as far as I know?

Still it's about having fun and seeing how you compare. I don't expect to get close to most people but it's fun either way
For some reason, I'd thought someone had mentioned having a women and juniors section. I'd told the Flipper Beast that there would probably be some other children (aged 8 and 6) at the tournament, and he seemed happy with that until this morning, when he greeted me - out of bed - with a huge worry that he couldn't get a high score because the other children were bigger than him.

Hence, why I asked. He likes playing two- and three-player games with us on Godzilla, but he now gets quite disillusioned when he doesn't win.

For some reason, I'd thought someone had mentioned having a women and juniors section. I'd told the Flipper Beast that there would probably be some other children (aged 8 and 6) at the tournament, and he seemed happy with that until this morning, when he greeted me - out of bed - with a huge worry that he couldn't get a high score because the other children were bigger than him.

Hence, why I asked. He likes playing two- and three-player games with us on Godzilla, but he now gets quite disillusioned when he doesn't win.
I don't have kids so I might be barking up the wrong tree... But surely it's a good thing for a child to learn they're not always the best and experience these situations.
Afterall it is about having fun.
I just like to beat myself and not be bottom , but that depends on whos playing.

I'm sure he'll do fine. Probably not even necessarily but I'll happily tank a game to him in Godzilla if it helps ;)

Back
Top Bottom