What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jurassic Park Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
THIS x100

And I mean that genuinely. I played nothing but JP2 for around 2 months and it's truly a fantastic game. But, by the end of its stay with me, I had basically seen everything that the game had to offer, there were little mini goals along the way that I could have played for, that I'm sure if I had it longer in my collection I would have enjoyed achieving, but the fact that JP2 has a hard ending (it quite literally ends the game and rolls credits) almost makes me feel like, well it's done now.

Flash Gordon has never made me feel like that. Yes I've seen everything the game has to offer, but I always feel like I can score more, I've never clocked it, my best is just shy of 8 million and it keeps me coming back for more.

Yes I could have scored more on JP2, but the desire to do this seemed to wane because of that hard ending. Either way they are both incredible games in there own right and if money and space were no object they would both be in the collection

If I ever finished Jurassic Park, which I assume means finishing the visitor’s center, secure control room, Museum Mayhem, Escape Nublar and then When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth (?) I'd likely retire from pinball. Pie it all of and do something else

Reactions: Jib
OK I’ve come back with my tail between my legs and an apology of sorts!
Today I spent a couple of hours with @Sutol as he popped in to play JP before I sell it on and here’s my honest opinion of the several games we had.
We both dialled into the T-Rex shot quite quickly and found it very easy to do a simple 2 way combo and regular 3-4 way combos were hit and proved to be very rewarding too.

After a few games we helped each other suss the gameplay and I actually really enjoyed it immensely to the point I get the hype it kinda deserves due to the number of unique and groundbreaking shots.

What I’m loving so far:
How nice the combos flow once you start and dial them in.
The roar of the T-Rex and the shaker are a match made in heaven.
The variety of unique shots that you don’t see at 1st glance but discover during the game.
The escape Nublar mini game was a blast.

What I don’t really like although it’s a personal thing so these could easily be loved to another pinhead are:
The Theme does nothing for me and it’s the No1 reason I buy a pin.
The Art is basically ****e in my eyes, translite included.
Again the PF colour and art seems drab although probs goes with the theme.
The Jeep shot although groundbreaking annoys me at times but maybe if I put the time in I could master it.

So I’ll do a complete 180 on my initial feelings on it and whiles it’s still here I’m gonna give it some playtime.
As for @Sutol I think he was mega impressed and secretly now wants one. I kid you not!

One thing I have got to add my JP is @scottydoesntknow ‘s machine and he really fully loaded it up with Sparkle paint job, Invisiglass, Shaker, Topper and a dozen or so mods which probably make it one of the best Pros out there.
All it’s missing is that cool Trex mod and maybe speaker lights.

I now understand why I had 3 people after it before it arrived it’s obviously a cracker of a pin and even more so if it’s your dream theme.

Again I was wrong so I apologise and get the hype now.

If I ever finished Jurassic Park, which I assume means finishing the visitor’s center, secure control room, Museum Mayhem, Escape Nublar and then When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth (?) I'd likely retire from pinball. Pie it all of and do something else

Maybe when you retire you could write a nice obituary for Maradona? 😬😂

Today I spent a couple of hours with @Sutol as he popped in to play JP before I sell it on and here’s my honest opinion of the several games we had.
We both dialled into the T-Rex shot quite quickly and found it very easy to do a simple 2 way combo and regular 3-4 way combos were hit and proved to be very rewarding too.

After a few games we helped each other suss the gameplay and I actually really enjoyed it immensely to the point I get the hype it kinda deserves due to the number of unique and groundbreaking shots.

What I’m loving so far:
The variety of unique shots that you don’t see at 1st glance but discover during the game.

What I don’t really like although it’s a personal thing so these could easily be loved to another pinhead are:
The Jeep shot although groundbreaking annoys me at times but maybe if I put the time in I could master it.

So I’ll do a complete 180 on my initial feelings on it and whiles it’s still here I’m gonna give it some playtime.
As for @Sutol I think he was mega impressed and secretly now wants one. I kid you not!

One thing I have got to add my JP is @scottydoesntknow ‘s machine and he really fully loaded it up with Sparkle paint job, Invisiglass, Shaker, Topper and a dozen or so mods which probably make it one of the best Pros out there.

I now understand why I had 3 people after it before it arrived it’s obviously a cracker of a pin and even more so if it’s your dream theme.

Funniest part is Col that's my old game! Glad you got to enjoy it a bit more mate before it leaves.

Also, oi @scottydoesntknow you were supposed to give me dibs on my old game lmao.

What I’m loving so far:

Great to catch up Col.
I was well impressed with it.
If I wasn't holding out for a certain pin then this would deffo be on the list to get in.
Even when I had to go I couldn't help hitting that start button a couple more times.
Deffo had the one more go factor.
*cough * Don't sell it!! *cough*
😏

I can't exactly remember tbh mate, that video was on my old one, pretty sure I had it at 6.7 as I'd read somewhere that was about right. It played like a dream at that angle. My new one I've only had like 5 games on so far and just left the legs as the previous owner had had them until I get a chance to sort it. Plays nice as is though tbh so must be there or there abouts. What you got yours at?
6.9 with the digital thingamijig 👌

Just rocked up at the visitors centre like a bawse and proceeded to completely lose the ability to shoot straight. I love that bit where it tallies up all your paddocks, big points to be hadPXL_20210826_143505256.jpg

Just rocked up at the visitors centre like a bawse and proceeded to completely lose the ability to shoot straight. I love that bit where it tallies up all your paddocks, big points to be hadView attachment 145759

I never even made it close to the Visitors Center, I need to play a JP again… and try harder!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never even made it close to the Visitors Center, I need to play a JP again… and try harder!

It's not too bad mate. I always go the top route if I'm trying to cross the map, so the truck is in the right direction for the smart missile after you've got a few rescues. Use the smart missile (clear paddock) on one of the tougher dinos. And definitely stack the 2 ball t-rex mode with one of the paddocks as well.

Got my JP from [mention]Colywobbles [/mention] on Thursday. Spent a bit time with it yesterday and first impressions were just WOW!

The is pin is packed. So much going on and so many different things to do. Paddocks, control room modes, DNA
combos, fossils, T. rex modes. This is going to keep me going for quite some time.

Granted some of the shots are tight but I’m starting to get a handle on where they are and when you get flowing it really is incredible.

Looking forward to some friendly virtual “competition” with [mention]huggers [/mention]

First up huggers how many DNA combos can you get? I got six yesterday [emoji3459] [emoji3072][emoji16]

YAY! Got to visitor center for the first time today, I'd completed enough paddocks before but never in a straight line so didn't reach it. Very pleased, now to work on the control room modes, usually only get 1 done per game.

Disclaimer: I play on 5 balls, I'm too rubbish to get stuff done on 3 but that's the pleasure of having a machine at home, set it up however is most fun for you, even if people tut at my 5 balls!

YAY! Got to visitor center for the first time today, I'd completed enough paddocks before but never in a straight line so didn't reach it. Very pleased, now to work on the control room modes, usually only get 1 done per game.

Disclaimer: I play on 5 balls, I'm too rubbish to get stuff done on 3 but that's the pleasure of having a machine at home, set it up however is most fun for you, even if people tut at my 5 balls!
Visitor Center? Nope, doesn't ring any bells. I got as far as the park's main gate then failed miserably.

I am managing to progress through Stranger Things though so I think I've found my level.

Made it to visitor centre for the first time today. Getting either chaos or raptor multiball on the go definitely helps with the later paddocks.

Also I had noticed my truck wasn’t turning every time I hit the Newton ball.

If you take the truck off (a little grub screw under the playfield) there is three washers on the shaft, one of them with ball bearings on them. I added a spot of lube on these parts and now it’s golden again. Just in case anyone has a similar issue. [emoji1303]

Made it to visitor centre for the first time today. Getting either chaos or raptor multiball on the go definitely helps with the later paddocks.

If you take the truck off (a little grub screw under the playfield) there is three washers on the shaft, one of them with ball bearings on them. I added a spot of lube on these parts and now it’s golden again. Just in case anyone has a similar issue. [emoji1303]

Well done mate! I love getting to the visitors centre, the way it racks up all your points for each paddock is so satisfying. I'm getting closer to Escape Nublar, been several games now where I'm only missing a couple of trex modes or a a control room mode. It's definitely do-able!

Haha was nice to kick you off the GC to be honest! We’ll I got there on ball two (with an extra ball) Only need one more trex mode and one control room mode so I thought I was in with a chance but of course it was like a quick drain off the truck and that was that! [emoji16]

Such a great game and yeah the totalling of all your paddocks is pretty awesome. Do you have a shaker on yours? It’s pretty fantastic during the T-Rex modes I must say [emoji16]

@Moonraker

I've always thought shakers were a bit crap. Totally changed my mind. I've got one on Jurassic Park and it's an absolute game changer. Cracks me up when you get the t-rex foot steps chasing you. This game man...!

I've always thought shakers were a bit crap. Totally changed my mind. I've got one on Jurassic Park and it's an absolute game changer. Cracks me up when you get the t-rex foot steps chasing you. This game man...!

Haha for sure! Man the T-Rex is a hungry beast! I’m going to try for the multiball you get by catching him and the spinosaurus in there paddocks but they both move like lightening! By the time I’ve got the ball under control half of the staff have been munched [emoji38]

So I played king of the island multiball and secure control room for the first time there.

Both in the same game but I didn’t make it to visitor centre or my score would have been a lot bigger (1.1 bil) as I’d caught 5 dinos up to that point.

Man this game! [emoji23][emoji3072]

Haha for sure! Man the T-Rex is a hungry beast! I’m going to try for the multiball you get by catching him and the spinosaurus in there paddocks but they both move like lightening! By the time I’ve got the ball under control half of the staff have been munched [emoji38]

You only need to capture Spinosaurus for King of the Island mb, you don't need Trex (that awards an instant extra ball). Best use of the complete paddock smart missile.

Anyone bought 'The art of pinball' TREX Sculpture mod?

img_141128b_xl.jpg

Looks so much better compared to the stock.

Scott

I got put off by the tagline 'others make mods, we make art'. Well, that and the price. Looks good though.

1.5.0 - November 18th, 2021
============================
- Insider Connected - achievements added. see achievement list on https://insider.sternpinball.com/
- Goat Mania - mode has now been added to the game if you are connected to Stern IC
- Goat Mania - without a Topper this mode will now start on the 5th Super Supply Drop
- Goat Mania - with a Topper this mode will only start via Topper Letter collection as usual

- Adjustment Changes:
- added "IC GOAT MANIA SUPER SUPPLY DROP" only when a topper is not connected, default to YES
- override "TOPPER LETTERS START GOAT MANIA" to NO for competition mode

- System - Updated to V2.97.0 on OS: V2.4.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v0.80.0

- Added Standard Adjustment "LCD DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS" to allow dimming of LCD display.

- Added adjustments for Login and Play Again display timers:
AD_NET_LOGIN_TIMER - "INSIDER LOGIN TIMER" default 30 sec
AD_NET_PLAY_AGAIN_TIMER - "INSIDER PLAY AGAIN TIMER" default 20 sec

- GAME RESTART (hold start button) behavior change:
Holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will follow the
logic of the AD_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR adjustment.
If (AD_GAME_RESTART == YES) and (AD_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR == ADV_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR_ALL_LOGGED_IN)
holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will restart the game for as many
players as is necessary to accomodate the users that are logged in.
If there are not enough credits to restart the game for the necessary number
of players, the the game will not be restarted.

- Address Insider Connected game registration corner cases.

- Upon entering the Service Menu for the first time after a software update, a screen
will display the game and system version numbers. This screen will be displayed
for a minimum of 1 second, and is dismissed by the enter button. This replaces
the dots display previous shown at power on after an update.

- Login changes:
* When a user logs in during a game in progress and the player up slot
is occupied, assign the user in the first open slot from lowest
player to the highest player.
* When a user joins a game in progress, award achievements that were
earned up to that point.
* When user authorization failure, remove the user from the session.
Added audits for connectivity games and scanner use

- Connectivity support for Spike 2 games.

- Added Standard Audit "Total Power Ons" which will display the number of
time the machine has been power cycled (Spike2 only). This audit was added in
system 2.45 and is not included for display.

- Update HSTD RESET COUNT adjustment to increment/decrement by 100s when >= 100 and
by 10s when < 100

- Turn on cabinet lights, if installed, when in the Service Menu.

Back
Top Bottom