What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jurassic Park Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I have done the focus on T-rex mode approach but I just love capturing the dinos and like the sense of progression through the map. It's probably not optimal but so fun. I always tell people who come to play to try the t-rex approach, some massive points there with a fair bit less leg work. And I totally agree mate, Elwin allows so many approaches in his games, absolute genius.
This is the problem I have lol I love doing the paddocks so much. The games I get to visitor center I end up having a stack of work left to do on trex and control room but I just cant help myself!

This is the problem I have lol I love doing the paddocks so much. The games I get to visitor center I end up having a stack of work left to do on trex and control room but I just cant help myself!
The other problem is that the Visitor Centre bonus is based on how much progress you have made throughout the game, so if you get there too quickly that bonus is small.

Ideal scenario is that you complete Secure Control room, Museum Mayhem, collected all fossils and cleared all middle paddocks while maintaining your rescue streak, before reaching visitor centre - that will give you a bonus of over 1Billion - good luck with that one! Escher has done it on live stream, crazy skills.

The other problem is that the Visitor Centre bonus is based on how much progress you have made throughout the game, so if you get there too quickly that bonus is small.

Ideal scenario is that you complete Secure Control room, Museum Mayhem, collected all fossils and cleared all middle paddocks while maintaining your rescue streak, before reaching visitor centre - that will give you a bonus of over 1Billion - good luck with that one! Escher has done it on live stream, crazy skills.
Yep, this is the perfect storm and was all I was aiming for by the end. I managed a 1.1B visitor centre bonus, that collection was certainly a pinball moment!

Reactions: Jib

Yeah you're right I'm really not optimising score at all. So far I've been more a mode based player than a score player which is why I gravitate towards the modern sterns more. But I think now I've got a bit better and know I can get the modes done if I have a good game I should challenge myself a bit more with scoring. It's not even that I haven't qualified the control rooms by the time I get to visitor center, I often have 1 or 2 sitting there ready. Trex I have to concentrate more on to get them done before visitor center. Fossils I rarely even track yet! So much stuff in this game, love it.

Joined the club with a pro. Want to swap the bumper caps to proper amber ones rather then the plastics and add speaker panel artwork. Wil put some orange flipper rubbers on it as well :)

Not played it much but is definitely a fun game I quite like it. Makes a difference to all my other fan layout games!

CA38A602-DBB9-4B52-A5D1-96F807273057.jpeg

Joined the club with a pro. Want to swap the bumper caps to proper amber ones rather then the plastics and add speaker panel artwork. Wil put some orange flipper rubbers on it as well :)

Not played it much but is definitely a fun game I quite like it. Makes a difference to all my other fan layout games!

View attachment 167775
Congratulations 👍

Let me know if you manage to find the Amber ones because I've not been able to find them.

Just
Congratulations 👍

Let me know if you manage to find the Amber ones because I've not been able to find them.
Thx, just got 3 amber colour from pinball heaven, won’t have the bug in em lol

Yeah shaker an absolute must have for this I think. The t-rex chase with the stomps gets me every time, so well done

I don’t have a lot of shaker experience in other machines but it’s pretty awesome!! My wee boy jumped out his skin when the Dino roared and the shaker kicked in! 😂

If you haven't seen it there's a scream feature in Ghostbusters which when accompanied with a shaker is terrifying. The first time it happened was completely unexpected and scared the bejesus out of me.

If you haven't seen it there's a scream feature in Ghostbusters which when accompanied with a shaker is terrifying. The first time it happened was completely unexpected and scared the bejesus out of me.
It did it to me in Brewdog on a busy lunch time (and I am quite jumpy), was not my best moment LOL

Back in the day I paid less for some of my pinballs so that’s a 1st a pair of slings more than FH & GE 😱

Back
Top Bottom