What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jurassic Park Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Yeah I mean if you want a proper tutorial you need to watch this one, absolute mustard

Or here

A number of modes not seen in Bowen's Tutorial, and a similar score in half the tim, despite me obviously being not as good as him.

I've got a number of similar vids up as well. I reallly need to get my cameras set up again for GZ

I absolutely smashed the rescues on the first paddock yesterday, basically comboed them then it said the dinosaur had escaped. Anyone know why this is?

No reason for him to escape unless you took ages to set the trap and then hit whatever shot he was on. The first Dino's must take ages to escape/time out

That's what I thought but after I completed all the rescues in the paddock it said dinosaur escaped 🤔

Had my best game ever on this last night. Game is so satisfying when you really start opening it up, frustratingly close to cracking 2 billion now. Managed a big score on t-rex multi ball as well which goes to show there's points everywhere if you hit the right shots. Mental game!

Great score Andy.... maybe you're reconsidering?

It's such a fantastic game particularly if you can start stacking stuff.

The series of skill shots at the start are epic if you can hit them sequentially.

I managed the first three yesterday and the 4th 'O' shot just didn't quite make it up the orbit.

Cheers Kris. Ha, well it's probably the first game that I don't seem to get bored of, there's just always scope for improvement. Bit more confident of making the visitors centre these days so I try to capture some of the carnivores on the way through rather than making a b-line for the VC. That 4 shot skill shot is great isn't it! That alone is addictive 😂

I'm miles away from the visitors centre but need to re-learn the game I think because when I had it the DNA hadn't been coded and that T-Rex encounter is definitely different.

I do love it though.

So I reckon the one you should be concentrating on @Gonzo is the TREX modes at the truck, eventually trying for Museum Mayhem. I think that is the optimal way of playing JP2. I know everyone loves going for visitor centre, but there are so many wonderful ways of playing it. I think that's why it's such an amazing game and why Elwin is the greatest. He gives you lots of carrots to aim for along the path to the ultimate goal. It's genius.

Maiden is the same. Ok not everyone will be able to make Run to the Hills, but how about Cyborg, or 2 minutes to Midnight, or Return of the Beast. He's catering for everyone and giving people something to shoot at.

Concentrate on one, tick it off then head to the next. I challenge you both, nothing but captive ball and trex modes until you get to museum mayhem, see how long it takes 👊

I have done the focus on T-rex mode approach but I just love capturing the dinos and like the sense of progression through the map. It's probably not optimal but so fun. I always tell people who come to play to try the t-rex approach, some massive points there with a fair bit less leg work. And I totally agree mate, Elwin allows so many approaches in his games, absolute genius.

So I reckon the one you should be concentrating on @Gonzo is the TREX modes at the truck, eventually trying for Museum Mayhem. I think that is the optimal way of playing JP2. I know everyone loves going for visitor centre, but there are so many wonderful ways of playing it. I think that's why it's such an amazing game and why Elwin is the greatest. He gives you lots of carrots to aim for along the path to the ultimate goal. It's genius.

Maiden is the same. Ok not everyone will be able to make Run to the Hills, but how about Cyborg, or 2 minutes to Midnight, or Return of the Beast. He's catering for everyone and giving people something to shoot at.

Concentrate on one, tick it off then head to the next. I challenge you both, nothing but captive ball and trex modes until you get to museum mayhem, see how long it takes 👊

I accept your challenge sir 💪

How do I increase the bonus at the end of each ball please? I can only ever seem to get x1 when it's calculating everything at the end.

How you getting on score wise Gonz?

300m ish mate but I need to re-learn the shots.

Ridiculously I keep sh!tting it every time I need to hit the T-Rex ramp which is causing me all sorts of problems.

However it will click soon and I'm just delighted to have it back.

It's so different to my other games and I love that it requires you to pick shots that can be quite tight.

I also like that only one ramp delivers the ball to the flipper.

It's just so different, it's like a puzzle..... brilliant game.

300m ish mate but I need to re-learn the shots.

Ridiculously I keep sh!tting it every time I need to hit the T-Rex ramp which is causing me all sorts of problems.

However it will click soon and I'm just delighted to have it back.

It's so different to my other games and I love that it requires you to pick shots that can be quite tight.

It's just so different, it's like a puzzle..... brilliant game.

Glad you're enjoying it so much dude, it's a genius bit of design from the great man

I'd say all 4 ramps deliver it back to a flipper?

Raptor Tower & T-Rex both go to left flipper,
Heli ramp goes to right flipper &
Pteranedon goes to upper flipper

Add in the fact that centre spinner, upper loop, right orbit and pops go to upper flipper means that IF you continue to make your shots the ball is only really out of control by hitting the truck - if raptor cage and secure control room give a decent feed.

Then add in the depth and breadth of main rules, along with all the smaller side perks and it is a truly fantastic game, only really challenged by Godzilla for the No' 1 spot - I miss mine.

Add in the fact that centre spinner, upper loop, right orbit and pops go to upper flipper means that IF you continue to make your shots the ball is only really out of control by hitting the truck - if raptor cage and secure control room give a decent feed.

Then add in the depth and breadth of main rules, along with all the smaller side perks and it is a truly fantastic game, only really challenged by Godzilla for the No' 1 spot - I miss mine.

I agree; I think the killer issue is though the ramps need real accuracy; more than what it looks, either you don't have the shot aimed correctly, or you aren't able to put the right power into it on the fly. The margin for error is small and then you're trying to save the ball.

Neil.

Raptor Tower & T-Rex both go to left flipper,
Heli ramp goes to right flipper &
Pteranedon goes to upper flipper

No, no I didn't mean that.

I probably should have explained better. I meant like a Ritchie game where the raps literally deliver the ball to the inlane just above each flipper or like Elvira does.

Back
Top Bottom