What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jurassic Park Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
How many fossils have you guys managed to collect in a game? I just got three and felt like I'd played out of my skin.

My best ever was 9, missing the Raptor super and Chaos super. If you have a really good game then the tier 3 and 4 fossils take care of themselves and feed into each other. But yeah, they are tough. The Chaos super is almost unobtanium

When I read the question from huggers I was wondering what roadshow16 would respond with... Good to know what to aspire towards(!) 😀. I just checked and had 5 once - and did have to play out of my skin to get those. Certainly not easy to get any fossils at all.... Elwin certainly doesn't give them away which makes JP2 such a tough challenge.

Yeah Elwin is an animal. There's so many games within his games. Collect fossils. Complete the different combos, build up that Pteranadon spinner multiplier, get across the map etc. Man's a genius

Yeah Elwin is an animal. There's so many games within his games. Collect fossils. Complete the different combos, build up that Pteranadon spinner multiplier, get across the map etc. Man's a genius
Fully agree. I wondered before what the fuss was all about but since I got it this month I have been blown away by the depth of it all. There is so much to do and so many choices and strategies I feel each game is different. I can't even remember all the DNA combos - just incredible stuff built in there. Getting to the different mini wizard modes feels like a real achievement. Even getting a fossil!

Was testing out filming setups on this yesterday with a couple of phones. It looks okay ish but can anyone recommend a reasonably priced USB camera?

Was testing out filming setups on this yesterday with a couple of phones. It looks okay ish but can anyone recommend a reasonably priced USB camera?

That was a good video Andy, nice clear explanation of what you were doing and annoyingly you made it look easy to get to Visitors Center!

That was a good video Andy, nice clear explanation of what you were doing and annoyingly you made it look easy to get to Visitors Center!

Haha thanks very much Andy. I found it quite hard articulate anything whilst playing so glad it came across alright!

This is really good. Bowen showing why this is the greatest game ever. Goes into good detail about how to approach the multiballs and modes etc. Absolute baller

The Chaos super is almost unobtanium
I stand corrected 🤣 Fair play to Bowen, he really shows off CHAOS so well in the tutorial. It's never been something I have personally gone for, I've always just used CHAOS to make progress in other things, but that just shows the brilliance of the Elwin, everything is worth going for.

It's a great tutorial and great game. Based on some of the things he does and says I don't think he has spent masses of time on JP2 (so to get nearly 2B just shows how awesome he is). He didn't put any time or effort into the TREX modes, which from a scoring and competition strategy perspective is the way to go. He also doesnt actively light his kickback which again I think if he had more time on it, would be a priority for him. Awesome game though and fantastic to watch

Yeah this is it @roadshow16 . It's scary how casual he is as he takes the game apart and shows just how cleverly coded and detailed it is. Amazing player.

As Craig said - it's clear that Bowen doesn't know the game inside out and all the rules. Trex modes, different add a balls in MB, supply drops, loops, amber awards, pteranodon, fossils, combos, ball save, 2X scoring, more detail on rescues, and more were all glossed over - if they were mentioned at all. All of these things give good scoring opportunities for a 'lesser' player than Bowen who isn't really going to see a CHAOS Super any time soon. Likewise completing Secure Control Room wizard mode is exceptionally hard and out of the reach of most players.
This really just shows how great a player Bowen is, that he can get these scores, and how much Elwin has actually packed in to the game with so much going on.

The only downside I have with tutorials like this, is that you will see players trying to replicate it, when they simply aren't of the same skill levels. It also means that the number of people going the same strategy means it'll be seen more and more on competition streams, thus accelerating the non-optimum strategy.

If you have the game at home it is extremely likely that you'll be able to come up with a more profitable strategy that suits your style and skill level.

Yeah I mean if you want a proper tutorial you need to watch this one, absolute mustard

Everyone understands 😂😂

I feel stopping to take the picture was the crucial factor 😉

Mate it crossed my mind that the photo messed up my flow 😂. Seriously though suddenly felt under pressure that this was THE game where I crack 2 billion.... Absolutely bottled it

Bowen did the same with AIQ - just not enough game know how and he doesn't have enough time with the game to work it out but still an excellent player.

Mate it crossed my mind that the photo messed up my flow 😂. Seriously though suddenly felt under pressure that this was THE game where I crack 2 billion.... Absolutely bottled it
You’re like those athletes that wave near the finish line then someone sprints past 😂😂

Back
Top Bottom