What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jurassic Park Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Looks real nice there James. This the replacement for the diplo :rofl: Looks mint btw so good call.
Defo needs blades although I’m not too keen on the PU ones if I’m being honest.
if nothing nicer around Mirrors always bling a pin up.
now get some plastics sent here I wanna get a nice set together as a few have asked me already.

James those side blades look great. I'm torn between those and the retro refurbs ones. I like those as they'll match my back glass but at the same time the refurbs ones are brighter and I think that might be good for this game. Hmmmm.

Anyway the game. Holy sh1t, it shoots so well. It's not really like any other game besides Maiden. So many shots and so many potential combos. There always seems to be 'just one more shot' when you're in the flow. I like the DNA combo rewards as well rewarding you for hitting different combinations. Amazing layout. Some tight shots but overall this isn't really an issue. The only shot that's really handing my a$$ to me is the smart missile shot, the right orbit is completely fine once you get it down. Code wise the map progression is great, really like a board game built into a pinball. Collecting up rewards, T-Rex events, rescues, fossils etc etc. Crazy game. Elwin is the gold standard of designers right now imo. The callouts that I was certain were going to annoy me don't at all. In fact I kinda like them! The only thing that has bothered me, and it is super minor, is the raptor tri-ball doesn't seem viable/necessary to go for, kinda wasting that area of the playfield. So honeymoon period report, absolutely superb.

@huggers - this was why I went with the blades I went for, simply because it matches the ludicrously expensive backglass. Which by the way with the sparkle on the lettering is gorgeous.

I am going to hit Pete up for some TWD art blades as his stuff is great though, it was a tough choice.

Anyone had trouble with their flippers?

My left flipper has gone a bit weak. It still shoots with full power, but when catching a ball (usually from the control room) it is enough to make the flipper drop a bit. With the glass off, it is quite easy to push the flipper back down whilst holding the button down.

I have not had time to examine it properly yet.

Very disappointing for a NIB game that is still quite new. I had read that quality of the mechs in new Sterns had been headed downhill.

Sound like a coil stop issue.
Had my right coil stop showing signs that it was about to fail.
Email Phil and he will send you replacements.
You are correct though. Poor quality from new Sterns

I cant get the machine to read my usd stick

Its 64GB, is that too large?

I cant get the machine to read my usd stick

Its 64GB, is that too large?
I'm not sure, have you used this stick before to update? It seems Pinball machines and USB sticks are a tricky marriage, I'm using a really old 8GB one as I've had newer ones that won't work. Once I find one that works I leave it with the machine and only use it for updates. I've had ones work in Stern games but not Spooky, and vice versa.

Not sure if used this one before...

I put USB drive in, turn on and it goes into update menu, then says insert usb stick

Probably released to block Pinball Browser again...

According to Pinside it has blocked out pinball browser. And it looks like it won’t be getting another update at the moment due to Tim being completely fed up with the continual blocks.

According to Pinside it has blocked out pinball browser. And it looks like it won’t be getting another update at the moment due to Tim being completely fed up with the continual blocks.
If Stern allowed Pinball Browser it might actually sell a few extra games for them rather than turning people off. Who knows, there could be some weirdo out there who loves the Iron Maiden Pin but hates their music and wants to put on say, a ****ty disco compilation. Sounds ridiculous but someone may want to do that.

Ordered a couple of new USB drives on Amazon, will try again tomorrow

Ordered a couple of new USB drives on Amazon, will try again tomorrow

A couple might not be enough...

Some people say it's how they're formatted, others the size, others if the machine likes the look of the penstick or not...!

A couple might not be enough...
Some people say it's how they're formatted, others the size, others if the machine likes the look of the penstick or not...!
I've acquired a few over the years, you usually get given them on training courses with the course materials on so they are the cheapest of the cheap but usually better for Pinball updates than more expensive branded ones which don't always work in my experience.

Been an expensive day already, dog not well, vet bill almost pinball money already :(

Back
Top Bottom