What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jurassic Park Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
On TNA team coop works that way and it’s great fun so hope they do the same also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What a fantastic game this is.

Today has been my first full day playing it and @Andydn popped over for a few hours to help figure things out and have a good play.

I know Stern have had a bit of stick recently (and rightly so judging from the TMNJ playfields) but I've been a bit blown away with the build quality of this machine.

The game itself is very good and clearly has tons to do. It's quite hard but the more you play the better you get at the shots. I still have lots of learning to do but the rules are so deep that it will keep me going for some time. It's very addictive.

If Turtles is a better game than this then people are in for a real treat.

Thanks again to Neil. Without the invite to Domino to test some machines this wouldn't even have been an option that I would have considered.

In other news I was showing Andy how to play LOTR and I destroyed the ring in my best ever time with a witness present!!!!! 😍

Today has been my first full day playing it and @Andydn popped over for a few hours to help figure things out and have a good play.

I know Stern have had a bit of stick recently (and rightly so judging from the TMNJ playfields) but I've been a bit blown away with the build quality of this machine.

The game itself is very good and clearly has tons to do. It's quite hard but the more you play the better you get at the shots. I still have lots of learning to do but the rules are so deep that it will keep me going for some time. It's very addictive.

Thanks again to Neil. Without the invite to Domino to test some machines this wouldn't even have been an option that I would have considered.

In other news I was showing Andy how to play LOTR and I destroyed the ring in my best ever time with a witness present!!!!! 😍

I think JP2 is one of Stern's best ever games tbh. Perhaps not exactly to everyone's taste but it's coded to perfection and the layout is mega original and intricate. Very cool pin

TMNT will never be good at JP2... Its a great game and already does well onsite but its shallow in comparison to JP2 in terms of coding... But its equally fun as JP2

TMNT winning feature is the CO-OP its fantastic and extremely fun... @Wayne J @PUP and myself had loads of games on Tuesday sharing the progress and never laughed so much playing pinball ever

I think JP2 is one of Stern's best ever games tbh. Perhaps not exactly to everyone's taste but it's coded to perfection and the layout is mega original and intricate. Very cool pin

I did wonder how you were getting on with it.

TMNT will never be good at JP2... Its a great game and already does well onsite but its shallow in comparison to JP2 in terms of coding... But its equally fun as JP2

TMNT winning feature is the CO-OP its fantastic and extremely fun... @Wayne J @PUP and myself had loads of games on Tuesday sharing the progress and never laughed so much playing pinball ever

Well let's hope that they can retrospectively patch that then. It would certainly encourage my son who immediately found playing the game on his own difficult.

Well let's hope that they can retrospectively patch that then. It would certainly encourage my son who immediately found playing the game on his own difficult.
Keith has STRONGLY hinted that that is in the pipeline

Lots of options for highscore entries 😁
20200815_204440.jpg

Stupid question but does anyone know what parts are needed to fit a new one, of course the stern manual lists everything including what goes into the plastics, but not this.... @Neil McRae??

Your fingers over the important bit! Is it just a post? Screws into a T nut? Or self tap?

Thinking on it - it may well screw into a T Nut - it had been lock-tighted so has taken that out with it, I will put it in the vice tomorrow and take a look in the bottom of the cabinet.... I have some T nuts here, but wonder if the better fix might be washer underside of playfield and a locking nut???

Ah it's bent? Yeah it's amazing isn't it.. WMS never used loctite and their fixings didn't come loose after 3 months use. ;-)

Maybe it wasn't tightened down fully in an effort to prevent the clear cracking?

Ah it's bent? Yeah it's amazing isn't it.. WMS never used loctite and their fixings didn't come loose after 3 months use. ;-)

Maybe it wasn't tightened down fully in an effort to prevent the clear cracking?

Wrong Number

1597781433490.png
Back in the good old days, we used to use incadescent lights on the machines. It meant the metalwork started to weld together, so there was no need for locktight on anything. Course, back in those days you could catch the tram to the old arcade, stick £1 in the machine and that would get you ten plays. I'd cut my neighbours lawn every weekend, grab the tram down to the muliplex, play for four hours straight and still have enough left over for a bottle of pop and ticket to the Fred Astaire matinee down at the local picture house. Problem with machines these days is they're all about the whizz, bang and the pow. Not in the good old days where you'd be happy with a multiball and a DCS driven "Jackpot".

Excuse the camera angle but ......

A bloody good T-Rex multiball if I do say so myself.

That is what I do. Typically you can get several TWD / BSD games in that time :eek:

It is annoying though since I can't just play quick game between doing something else. Means it only gets switched on if I am planning to play for a while.

Crikey, mine takes like 20 seconds to boot up.... you sure its ok?

Yeah, it doesn't take THAT long. But you have to wait, unlike the other games that are pretty much instant.

Minor annoyance for me.

Testing out some camera angles the other day, thought this little passage of play was cool! The camera angle not so much

Testing out some camera angles the other day, thought this little passage of play was cool! The camera angle not so much

Yeah, it doesn't get much better than that in the build-up to T-Rex multiball, I'd be chuffed with that sequence👍. That helicopter shot is such a risk but I love it.

As for camera angles I have a friend coming over next week who has produced a couple of films for Amazon, he knows nothing about pinball but everything about filming. I might pick his brain and see what he would do.

Yeah, it doesn't get much better than that in the build-up to T-Rex multiball, I'd be chuffed with that sequence👍. That helicopter shot is such a risk but I love it.

As for camera angles I have a friend coming over next week who has produced a couple of films for Amazon, he knows nothing about pinball but everything about filming. I might pick his brain and see what he would do.

Yeah I love that helicopter shot! Very cool way of feeding it back to the right flipper. I'm kinda obsessed with the layout of this game all round.

That sounds good mate, let us know how you get on and any tips. I think job one for me is buy some posh invisiglass .

Yeah I love that helicopter shot! Very cool way of feeding it back to the right flipper. I'm kinda obsessed with the layout of this game all round.

That sounds good mate, let us know how you get on and any tips. I think job one for me is buy some posh invisiglass .

Or the glass comes off completely. Of course the moment you set up the camera and remove the glass you'll start playing like a novice 😂

Another pal of mine runs a very successful travel YouTube channel (well it's mostly sitting at home currently 😂).

He does it for his job and has fantastic production, editing & camera skills. I showed him a couple of pinball videos and he said that they weren't particularity cinematic. He said, "Is Pinball fun? It looks very linear and unexciting in the footage".

Anyway, it got me thinking about how to capture the excitement and drama of a game.

Obviously I'm not talking about streaming which has to incorporate all of the essentials and allow one to follow the game from start to finish. But actual edited videos that capture the fun, action and movement of the ball.

That sounds cool man. There has to be loads of potential for capturing the feel of the game properly. Even Dead Flip level streams production must looks super dull to a non-pinhead.

That sounds cool man. There has to be loads of potential for capturing the feel of the game properly. Even Dead Flip level streams production must looks super dull to a non-pinhead.

Well the streams aren't really produced which is understandable. We do tons of live feeds and they're always restricted by the limitations of software & hardware. That being said I think people are tuning into Deadflip for his insight, personality, rule & shot breakdown and an exclusive look at something new.

The TNT bloke is all about personality and maybe a look under the bonnet of the machine but without him there really is no video.

I'm talking about something that captures the feel, flow, FUN, skill, excitement & disappointment of a game of pinball. No massive explanation of rules, ball-locks, ramp geometry & strategy.

Back
Top Bottom