What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jurassic Park Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Updated but only played a handful of games. I like the trash talk when you hold start down to restart the game (I do this A LOT)

I’ve been lucky enough to rent the pro from my local arcade for the next couple of months - previously I had Dailed-In LE.

I have to say, the rules of this game are absolutely astounding, there is nothing wasted, every shot matters in it’s own way.

The difference between DI and JP are insane - In DI nothing seems to matter but sims and mini games are more of a hindrance. When I play JP I don’t even care about the score, I just love standing over the machine.

fair play to all of you having the cash to buy one, I think if I ever get a NIB it would surely be this.

love that back glass to with the glitter effect, where do you get that?

I do love my JP but it has been kicking my ass recently, not manged the Visitor's Centre since installing the latest update and replacing the coil stop on a weak left flipper.

It is awesome how many viable ways there are to score big points.

Help needed. What are some good approaches to scoring? I'm struggling to crack much over half a billion. Tend to work my way through the paddocks as best I can but my scoring is all over the shop. What is your approach?

Also, starting to nail that smart missile shot. Amazingly satisfying. Elwin for President

I have heard the best strategy is to focus on T-Rex and Control rooms and the rest will naturally happen. Not had success with this approach though.

Interesting, will experiment with this. Something I love about the game is playing without thinking about scoring and purely seeing how far across the map you can get, ideally with perfect paddocks as you go.

Agreed, I play for the story mode and making each game my own... I get really into the paddocks element and the control rooms, the T-Rex stuff is cool, but not my focus from a playing perspective.

There's deffo a lot of points in the T-Rex modes, but the truck shot is very risky. Note that after TRex-Multiball, when you qualify the next T-Rex mode, you can change which mode will start with further hits to the truck. Whilst they can all be worth a ton of points, T-Rex Rampage doesn't involve any hits to the truck and is a safer option.

Ideally you'd always have a paddock mode running, and alternate between T-Rrex modes, control room modes, stacked with chaos or raptor MB on your way to the visitor's centre. If you can get to the visitor's centre via the shortest path possible, even if you do quite badly during the paddocks, it is still worth a decent amount.

The amber bonus modes can be worth a ton of points if you have built up the amber a bit via the pops, with 2x running during one of the MBs.

On the multiballs, I find chaos quite hard and initially not worth many points (stacking opportunities aside). It starts really paying out in its later phases, but they are hard to get to - progress carries over to the 2nd chaos MB but I am usually dead long before I see that.

The raptor multiball is much easier to start, and I can often get to the third phase where the super jackpots can be worth loads of points with 2x running.

I know you can crank that up to score some mega points, but I have never really put a lot of effort into it. I'll always mess it up by hitting the ramp early during a multiball, or similar. I should have a proper go.

My two biggest scores from bird mode but yes a lot of times I start then drain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cheers guys useful stuff. I'm still a little green, can someone explain the bird mode, is that ramp related? Also the 2x playfield target, how many hits to light it/start it. Amber pops build a value that is the collected with the smart missile target?

all is revealed here!

edit; what Neil refers to as "Bird Mode" is "Pteranodon Attack"

I pretty much ignore paddocks, other than Trex or Spinosaurus which have EB & KotI ad rewards. The more paddocks you've visited (not even cleared) boosts your score once you get to Visitor Centre. Getting there straight away isnt worth that much in itself.
Change the setting so that the first Trex mode isn't the MB, and focus on them points are great, as is Museum Mayhem (the 5th/Wizard mode).
Raptor tower and loops give out great rewards as you go.
DNA combos now give an EB after 8 (adjustable).
Fossils boost your VC score significantly.
Hence the need to focus on completing Trex and Secure room modes. Other fossils can be picked up in different ways.
Being able to hit Smart missile regularly also is essential for big scores. Dont be afraid to abort missile if there is nothing decent lit, save it for when you benefit the most, clearing a letter paddock. Once you abort you'll need to hit the truck twice to have it ready again.

If you're not on last ball, during pteranodon mode just keep hitting the spinner to build the multiplier. If you collect over 50mil you get a fossil, but I've had over 400mil from it. The multipliers carry over, plus there is an award of +15× for completing the 1st set of fossils.

I never intentionally shoot for the 2x playfield, just let it happen - usually in MB.

To really max your score you need fossils, which should be your focus.

Reliable(?) looking rumour on Pinside that team play/co-op is on its way. Amazing news if true. The map progression lends itself brilliantly to this kind of option I think.

Probably makes sense given the stern dev teams are all working from home and they can only work on so many games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I may be totally wrong but I got the impression that the coop play in Tmnt was effectively like playing 12 balls on one player rather than making it more coop. I'd hope they make it different on JP.

I may be totally wrong but I got the impression that the coop play in Tmnt was effectively like playing 12 balls on one player rather than making it more coop. I'd hope they make it different on JP.

Yeah it kinda is tbh mate but the cool thing is you each get individual scores to see what you contributed to the overall score, plus you can play 2 vs 2 or 3 vs1 and there's separate leader boards etc for all of it. Really appeals to me.

Back
Top Bottom