What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jurassic Park Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Not sure to be honest @huggers - the glue dots are arriving tomorrow and we have all sorts with garage conversions, work and such going on.
Unfortunately my stream last night ate all of my pinball quota for playing and working on them - which looks like it’ll continue for a few weeks yet.

At first glance, I am very happy with it, sizing it up by eye it looks perfect... I am also considering removing the T Rex at the back, it’s head looks more diplodocus than T Rex... also the size compare to the fence is really off (as per Pinside) - was considering a repaint on it but will probably end up cheaper going the replacement route and look better scale wise.

Sweet, upload some pics when you get the raptor on. I can't believe no one has come up with a cow on a chain looking like he's about to be lowered in. And yeah the T-rex looks like the bronto from Flintstones. Are there decent alternatives?

Does look cool, much more to scale and much less Flintstones. I'm wondering if I can track down a Premium translite. Just used my elite Microsoft Paint skills to mock one up. Colours are off but it's still way better imo

jp2.png

I bought that one but could never get it to stay on. Had to chop tail off too. Gave up in end!!

The T-Rex @robotgreg ? Did you see the way they fixed it with the rods from the chopped off tale?

@huggers - as for translites, this is the one. Only problem is the price as it bas shine through elements and black masking...

D8B3E908-0BF6-42F3-9184-DCC5693D6117.jpeg

The T-Rex @robotgreg ? Did you see the way they fixed it with the rods from the chopped off tale?

No never saw the rods and when I looked as far as I remember as was a while ago now, couldn't see exactly how they had fixed it on. Will try to find it again. If you have a quick link all the better.

No never saw the rods and when I looked as far as I remember as was a while ago now, couldn't see exactly how they had fixed it on. Will try to find it again. If you have a quick link all the better.

20B9B284-2C57-42A1-965B-7B02F36F6CCD.jpeg
I’d want to see how the old one was connected, I imagine, there is some screws on the back of the backbox. I would use the wire I make gates out of adjust to try and put a washer over it and screw in.

Unless the cabinet art or translite are completely offensive looking I've never understood why people give them so much weight when considering a purchase. The side art is usually hidden when sandwiched between other machines, one side of my JP is showing but I honestly couldn't tell you what was on it without going looking, same with the translite.

I've dropped it on mine, but not as blown away as I am with Clelands GOTG mix. Yes it's nice and has lots of proper movie callouts, but still has the stock callouts required by the game. So it doesn't always sound right to me.
I'll leave it on a month and see if it grows on me. Should another code update happen, then I'm afraid it will have to go.

My JP got some love, new backglass as the Pro one (if not all?) doesn’t have the logo on it.... why?

this thing is gorgeous - the lettering on Jurassic Park is glitter effect and the logo solid - so much love for this.

78203351-EB41-4A41-9392-88DD6013605E.jpeg55515993-9D73-412C-9637-20E85CC3DEE1.jpeg

The original T Rex had to go, it’s long neck might’ve been fine for the PREM/LE where it needs the gubbins to move, but on a pro it’s just a diplodocus.

I drilled the plastic here and screwed through his foot, just added a small head screw so no hang ups so far.

4D389C6D-614F-449B-A619-F28925C07A0F.jpeg

Raptor pit stripped and cleaned

7BAD020A-5F9A-4625-8B2A-2578F4BEB238.jpeg

(I wish my wife was as filthy etc.etc.)

Playfield all cleaned and waxed and Raptor in.

45099AC7-F47F-4664-B98F-EE0DAE6C4727.jpeg

Looking good James. Hopefully get my backglass soon. Think I'm going to leave the t-rex but definitely installing a Raptor. Did you not get the matching art blades in the end? I'm trying to decide what art blades or whether to go mirrors

Looking good James. Hopefully get my backglass soon. Think I'm going to leave the t-rex but definitely installing a Raptor. Did you not get the matching art blades in the end? I'm trying to decide what art blades or whether to go mirrors

Maaaaaaybe :p

Back
Top Bottom