What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jurassic Park Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Yeah I got what you meant and as I say, much as I love a Dead Flip stream or whatever, to someone not into the nuances of pinball they could never really convey how fun shooting pinball can be.

Excuse the camera angle but ......

A bloody good T-Rex multiball if I do say so myself.

Great multiball but you need to get all the shots and the fossil before getting into the mutliball

I've had a 408m T-Rex Multiball and 3 or 4 300m plus ones

Great multiball but you need to get all the shots and the fossil before getting into the mutliball

I've had a 408m T-Rex Multiball and 3 or 4 300m plus ones

Yeah, I only recently learnt that you had to build up the shots (like Huggers) before initiating multiball.

I don't know how to collect fossils yet so that only happens by accident.

Yeah, I only recently learnt that you had to build up the shots (like Huggers) before initiating multiball.

I don't know how to collect fossils yet so that only happens by accident.

I think there's loads of different ways of collecting loads of different fossils and then rewards for collecting different groups of fossils or something. **** knows, game is mental!

I think there's loads of different ways of collecting loads of different fossils and then rewards for collecting different groups of fossils or something. **** knows, game is mental!

It's an amazing game. I've not managed to get all the way through the map yet but there are so many little distractions along the way.

It's an amazing game. I've not managed to get all the way through the map yet but there are so many little distractions along the way.

Nah me neither mate, I'm happy if I get past the T-rex paddock. I've realised the points are really in the control room modes, the T-rex modes and doing perfect paddocks. The problem is I'm too crap to properly apply a strategy!

I have a good idea for a very cheap graphic mod in this pinball, it is to beautify the ramps (metallic and plastic) and shooter with this little metallic ramp. Are people intereted in reading about it?

Greetings!

I have a good idea for a very cheap graphic mod in this pinball, it is to beautify the ramps (metallic and plastic) and shooter with this little metallic ramp. Are people intereted in reading about it?

Greetings!

Yes Mikonos, crack on for sure

Great!

My idea is to create Dinosaurs and Human tracks sticker for ramps. I will design them in same material that a "insert material", it is mylar. For example: In Right metallic Extra Ball Ramp tracks will be from T-Rex, in little shooter ramp will be human tracks, etc.

Track decals will be designed in transparent mylar sticker material. I will try that there will not be with sharp shapes, all with rounded shapes (precut) with a little bleeding for preserving sticker integrity. Track stickers will be tiny and you can stick them freely wherever you want and with separation you want too. This concept works with metallic ramps and transparent ramps (in transparent ramp you can stick them in inverted way, it is under ramp).

About track designing will be in black colour and can explore it over mud or more simplified. I think I can design about 20 track with more extra spares.

Greetings!

Last edited:
More things: with some coloured drawing I can design creeper plants for the outsides of the transparent ramps and print in transparent mylar, in this way you can follow ball without obstacles. you can choose how many plants concentration do you want for every track of the ramp.

I´m thing about yep card...

Last edited:
Imagine this creeper plants decal falling from upper border of the plastic ramp in both sides.
green-ivy-creeper-wall-climbing-plant-hanging_176516-8.jpg

White background will be transparent and plans will be shorter, of course!

Screen-Shot-2019-07-29-at-10.23.45-AM.png

I had to add this cheeky picture to the thread. For anyone out there thinking of getting a NIB if you are anything from an average player upwards you will not be disappointed with this game. Don’t get me wrong you might need to give it a good couple of weeks for you to get used to the right loop shot but when you’ve got it nailed this truly is an immense game. The code is out of this world and the difficulty is perfect. Difficult yes but not too difficult. I’ve come close to getting to the final wizard modes many times but never quite managed yet. Fingers crossed for my next go, I will make it.

Give Phil a call, you will be over the moon with your choice :thumbs:

@john63 I’m getting nearer that awesome score of yours 👍

6BBA9494-6215-4094-8C4A-3A8C28E58B6D.jpeg

I have to say that I don't agree, I think JP2 is one of the toughest games out there.

I have to say that I don't agree, I think JP2 is one of the toughest games out there.
Sorry Neil but with a bit of practise on the tough shots it really comes together. I’m no pinball wizard, it knocks the socks off TWD and BM66 and I can’t believe I’m putting this. It’s harder than BM66 for sure and is less forgiving than TWD. Although if we all liked the same game it’d be a boring world 👍

How'd you get that score @Marble Madness ? It's a damn cracker.

BM66 feels like a different game entirely to JP2, BM66 is the chillout session of an evening. Nice long play game, very forgiving and sweeping, fan layout shots. There is room for a BM66 in most collections and it not be needed to be moved on. The code being so deep, it allows for that.

JP2 is a fun game, with so so much going on. I have nailed the A shot now, but it is brutally unforgiving if you hit a post. You ain't saving it often. I actually struggle with the helipad shot. Hey ho, I think my high score is only 900M but it has been out of action for 3 weeks. It is nowback up and running.

Knowing @Neil McRae - knowing the games he likes, and knowing his skill level... I am really, very shocked he doesn't like it. Really shocked, but it isn't just Neil, others who have owned it didn't hate it, but weren't blown away either. For me... it is a 8.5/10 - I would say only BM66, IMDN, JP2 and TWD have scores that high in my mind.

Its the vehicle and the smart missile shot that really drive me nuts.

How'd you get that score @Marble Madness ? It's a damn cracker.

BM66 feels like a different game entirely to JP2, BM66 is the chillout session of an evening. Nice long play game, very forgiving and sweeping, fan layout shots. There is room for a BM66 in most collections and it not be needed to be moved on. The code being so deep, it allows for that.

JP2 is a fun game, with so so much going on. I have nailed the A shot now, but it is brutally unforgiving if you hit a post. You ain't saving it often. I actually struggle with the helipad shot. Hey ho, I think my high score is only 900M but it has been out of action for 3 weeks. It is nowback up and running.

Knowing @Neil McRae - knowing the games he likes, and knowing his skill level... I am really, very shocked he doesn't like it. Really shocked, but it isn't just Neil, others who have owned it didn't hate it, but weren't blown away either. For me... it is a 8.5/10 - I would say only BM66, IMDN, JP2 and TWD have scores that high in my mind.
Thanks @James I go for the control room and the t-Rex whilst starting paddocks. As you complete these you tick off the paddocks as you go. By the time you complete the control rooms you should of built up a great score for the mini wizard mode 👍

• Catching your first dinosaur
  • Spelling CHAOS twice
  • Getting a Jackpot in Raptor Tri-Ball
  • 15 tower shots

I don't mind the smart missile shot, it's tough but make-able. Super satisfying when you nail it as well. My one complaint about the design is that the raptor pit doesn't really feel like a useful/viable option. Seems a bit redundant maybe?

Shot wise I can hit the chopper okay. It's the C shot opposite that gives me the toughest time, after the O orbit obviously.

Control room modes are lit by catching your first dinosaur, hit chaos twice, raptor jackpot and 15 tower shots.

Try for the skill shots then immediately take out C. Then shoot the t-Rex and it starts a paddock. Take the right ramp then try get O. The paddocks well on it’s way and you’ve completed your first chaos. Start t-Rex multiball. Start trying to get your second chaos letters and then you’re onto the control rooms. I usually try and get raptor multiball from the missile shot. With some jackpots that’s your second control room enabled when shot 👍 That tends to be my route to getting through the game 👍

The 2 Billion score is amazing and something I can't imagine ever getting near.

That being said this is far from the toughest game that I've played. The missile shot is tough to hit but not vital to the game and at 10m is easily avoided. The O orbit is tough but it's not like it drains if you don't make it.

In fact I'd go as far as to say that the only penal shot is an under-powered helicopter ramp shot which can roll sdtm.

TWD will punish you even if you get a shot right and for me that's one of the two most annoying things in pinball. I always feel with JP that if I make the shot then I'll be rewarded.

I don't know if it's the best game that I've played but it's right up there. if I had one minor criticism it's the lack of options and repetitive nature of the first 60 seconds of the game. . . . once the paddock is opened and the T-Rex has been fired-up it's a massive game with a load of shots and lots of different ways to play.

Back
Top Bottom