What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

Neil you clearly don’t like jjp if you have nothing positive or constructive to say then shut the **** up and go suck Garry sterns cock some more

Chris B Pinballs customer support gets better and better every day LOL (oh and no I won't).

can I talk to the manger? :D :D :D

you39re-calling-in-for-tech-support-tell-me-again-how-you-can-do-my-job-better-than-me-meme-25...jpg

My first JJP which I had to get as killer theme.

I like that JJP have guys available on Pinside offering support to help customers, albeit non PF - which is taboo subject for them.

I know it sounds harsh but since all this kicked off: As a company I can’t help but look at all their new “look at us” social media with contempt. I get they didn’t intentionally go out their way to hurt anyone. But they have turned what was their ‘finest hour’ into a tent collapse at Gerry Cottles Circus.

It’s how you deal with the bad and the radio silence, speaks volumes. Leaving their customers / distributors to literally pick up the pieces. They are clearly in damage limitation mode only for themselves - risk averse financially. Their reputation as far as I’m concerned is in the toilet, mainly for their lack of integrity in the handling of the situation.

Anyway.....
There are now rumours circulating overseas of a new PF manufacturer for JJP so looks like Mirco potentially could be getting the boot....
For Toy Story?

Last edited:
My first JJP which I had to get as killer theme.

I like that JJP have guys available on Pinside offering support to help customers, albeit non PF - which is taboo subject for them.

I know it sounds harsh but since all this kicked off: As a company I can’t help but look at all their new “look at us” social media with contempt. I get they didn’t intentionally go out their way to hurt anyone. But they have turned what was their ‘finest hour’ into a tent collapse at Gerry Cottles Circus.

It’s how you deal with the bad and the radio silence, speaks volumes. Leaving their customers / distributors to literally pick up the pieces. They are clearly in damage limitation mode only for themselves - risk averse financially. Their reputation as far as I’m concerned is in the toilet, mainly for their lack of integrity in the handling of the situation.

Anyway.....
There are now rumours circulating overseas of a new PF manufacturer for JJP so looks like Mirco potentially could be getting the boot....
For Toy Story?
Sadly in this fomo world we live in I doubt it will have any impact on future sales all you have to do is nail a killer theame and limit numbers and it sells out with out anyone even seeing it or on the day of launch but with no actual manufacturing date or any idea of when you will actually get it it’s a sad crazy day we live in these days

FOMO is the whole problem here! Myself included as I was asking Phil to put me down on a GnR CE before they even revealed it. I knew it was going to be something very special and they surpassed themselves. let’s face it the BOM on JJP is twice that of Sterns easily!
Would I have ordered a LE straight away? Probably not but more due to the fact I’d get a HUO one some point down the line as I did with WOZ & TH.

My CE is sitting at Hadfields and I’m in no rush to get it for a few reasons namely Space and a new gamesroom build once the cinema room has been cleared.
Am I ****ed about the issues? A little, but I’ll let the dust settle and see what the best course of action is for the long term.

Either way life’s way too short to worry myself to the grave with material issues on our toys as let’s face it that’s all they are. My GnR will outlive me and hopefully end up being enjoyed by my sons who won’t use it as a Jukebox but hammer the hell out of it as was intended.
My 1st taste of pinball was in a local greasy spoon cafe and I can’t even remember the game but I do remember the fact there was more bare wood showing than actual art and I loved playing it on a daily basis nontheless.

My fix for this whole pooling/chipping fiasco would be JJP offer it’s customers a replacement PF at cost. We could then enjoy our game as they were intended and if we ever sell it on the spare PF can be part of the deal. Will this ever happen? Probably not, but I’d be on the list immediately if it did regardless of cost.

You’re far more forgiving than I would be. Paying extra to fix something that’s wrong because the manufacturer cut corners.

at 10k I’d expect a product that is fit for the purpose it’s designed for.

if I bought a car and the wheels burst after a week I don’t think I’d be happy with paying cost for a new set.

min a more positive note I hope you enjoy your game and these issues don’t arise.

You’re far more forgiving than I would be. Paying extra to fix something that’s wrong because the manufacturer cut corners.

at 10k I’d expect a product that is fit for the purpose it’s designed for.

if I bought a car and the wheels burst after a week I don’t think I’d be happy with paying cost for a new set.

min a more positive note I hope you enjoy your game and these issues don’t arise.
The Manufacturer didn’t cut corners Mirco fked up the PFs and JJP are left to sort the ****fest.
With so many out the door now it’s more a case of damage limitation I guess and I’m sure behind the scenes someone is being held accountable.
BTW I’m not sticking up for JJP I’ve had issues with Stern and Spooky too I just let it go over my head.
I paid 12.5k not 10 BTW and to put things into context my last car was over 30k and I’m being offered 8k trade in a few years later!
My GnR CE will never lose a fraction of that this decade!

The Manufacturer didn’t cut corners Mirco fked up the PFs and JJP are left to sort the ****fest.
With so many out the door now it’s more a case of damage limitation I guess and I’m sure behind the scenes someone is being held accountable.
BTW I’m not sticking up for JJP I’ve had issues with Stern and Spooky too I just let it go over my head.
I paid 12.5k not 10 BTW and to put things into context my last car was over 30k and I’m being offered 8k trade in a few years later!
Don’t get me started on losing money on vehicles.
I get a kick in the stomach every time I think how much I lost on my prize Ducati I sold to - We Buy Any Bike. ☹️😬😬
Edit: Oh... forgot to mention, just remembered, this was to fund GnR.... took a hit on the Duc to get the funds thinking my LE will hold it value. Phew 😥 the irony - double whammy... lol

Last edited:

But they did cut corners Colin, and they lied. JJP's marketing team went on podcasts and said that the playfield issues were _all_ resolved, they have since said absolutely ZERO about the problem.

If this was the first batch of these issues back in the POTC days I might have some sympathy for your POV but this is _three_ games later with the same ****. I wouldn't be so certain about the value of GNR.

I think their next game is going to suffer significantly because of this issue and the lies, firstly its a **** theme and secondly Pat Lawlor is working on it and Wonka was the biggest pinball failure in over a decade.

Cheers,
Neil.

^^^ Also to add, if your a pinball manufacturer and been bitten twice with PF issues.
Only a team of gullible or incompetents would trust Mirco without doing their own QC, diligence and destruction testing before going into full production - AGAIN 3rd time.
You then have to start looking at the decision makers - reshuffle.

Mirco is not one for listening to criticism even if it’s friendly it pretty obvious to remedy one is down to jjp to not put art where the posts are the as the clear bonds much better to wood than art
But mainly mirco needs to talk to his supplier of the clear coat and work together with him to sort out a better harder formula I suspect this is automotive clear they use not really designed for wood
You can argue it’s not fit for purpose but it’s doing it’s job really I had a look at my stranger things le yesterday 800 plays tons of dimples some ghosting rough inserts and a little marking on the shoot lane so stern are no exception
I also think if you bought a car bid 200 miles on a road that had just been re surficed and you had chip you can’t argue it’s not fit for purpose

Anything that has ability to flex you could lose adhesion also.
Maybe poor playfield wood, also be a contributing factor.

Theres talk of them dumping Mirco for someone else for TS so hopefully they go with the spooky or CGC supplier.
I would’nt be in on TS CE anyway but won’t discount it till I see the layout and assets as I have been quite partial to a Lawler game over the years.

Next JJP release no doubt will suffer due to the GnR issues so I’ll bide my time and see how they fair but I’m intrigued more by Sterns Godzilla hopefully they capture the Japanese culture and campiness of Ultraman with TOHO assets not one of the newer movie takes Which would kill the game dead for me.

BTW I don’t buy my pins as investments! I never have. But most have held there own or only lost a couple of k’s. Now my cars and bikes over the years are in a whole new ballpark of throwing money down the toilet so pins are a no brainier.

I wonder if there will be a good spotlight topper out from someone.
Don’t normally do toppers but - something similar to LZ one would be cool.
Even the official JJP GnR one doesn’t look too bad TBH.

Now my cars and bikes over the years are in a whole new ballpark of throwing money down the toilet so pins are a no brainier.
Speaking of bikes, just shoved a K&N filter on + Motul 💯 full synthetic oil change new Michelin Road pilot 5 - I’m off out 1st time this year. Bikes, Alcohol, GnR incoming....nice 👍
5B1ECD15-9EFC-42CA-A0CB-3EA905261E68.jpeg

Dude needs a medal for doing all that work however it’s quite sad that it takes the community to sort a workaround.
I still think a better solution would be for JJP to simply offer a new PF at cost and at least look a little pro-active instead of ignoring the issue.

Alan you'll be making curry and fixing pinballs 50 years from now!

just in case you need em in 30 years time

or 30 days time! :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom