What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

don't cut any of the straps until you got it close to where you want it you need to take It on the pallets.

Got the call late afternoon, they will be at mine 8am tomorrow. [emoji869][emoji869]

I’m due delivery tomorrow but when I phoned Hadfields at midday to try and plan my day I was told it wasn’t allocated yet but will still be coming so I’m unsure if it is now. My first NIB so excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoke to Hadfields and now not getting it until Thursday. Annoyed as last week was told it was today and yesterday told it was still with planning and not yet allocated so that’s my day off wasted.

Spoke to Hadfields and now not getting it until Thursday. Annoyed as last week was told it was today and yesterday told it was still with planning and not yet allocated so that’s my day off wasted.

Weird they just called to say mine is about 30mins away (they didn't call me yesterday so i am at work and my wife has to deal with it) so it would make sense yours is in the lorry as i am in York

IMPORTANT.... To people on here that are getting a visit from me to set-up etc.

I will be getting in touch literally in the next hour via email (I am using service@pinball.co.uk).

Please do not PM me on here - even if you already have. Reply to the email, if you want me to install your own mods then mention it via email. Please do not assume as we spoke on here I remember.

Seems like a theme from Hadfields. They arranged with me last week to deliver my new pin tomorrow and text me earlier today to say they're cancelling and shifting it to next week. I also had took a day off work tomorrow so I would be here for them. Pretty ****ed off with them atm.

GnR also turned up for me yesterday.

Gotta say not impressed at all with the Pinwoofer sound, subwoofer is up to max and its moving the cone so I know signal is getting to it but not good bass at all (no point of rattle tape on glass), the top end clips, voice is hard to hear.
Actually the Pinwoofer system is hardly any better than the stock system! Apart from you can 'tune' the ranges, but a bloody waste of money.
Certainly not night and day like when I put a sub woofer and dedicated sub amp into Wonka & Pirates.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20210713_160331.jpg
    20210713_160331.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210713_151741.jpg
    20210713_151741.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 27
It’s here a day late but thanks to @mplayfield for giving me hand putting in a safe place, waiting for Phil.

Attachments

• 31917335-AB0D-4A54-8223-3DA46E605D1A.jpeg
    31917335-AB0D-4A54-8223-3DA46E605D1A.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 26
  • B9CC5406-513B-4C47-ABA5-3B21E2DFF145.jpeg
    B9CC5406-513B-4C47-ABA5-3B21E2DFF145.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 26

Gotta say not impressed at all with the Pinwoofer sound, subwoofer is up to max and its moving the cone so I know signal is getting to it but not good bass at all (no point of rattle tape on glass), the top end clips, voice is hard to hear.
Actually the Pinwoofer system is hardly any better than the stock system! Apart from you can 'tune' the ranges, but a bloody waste of money.
Certainly not night and day like when I put a sub woofer and dedicated sub amp into Wonka & Pirates.

Any suggestions? .
A powered external sub , even a fairly cheap one, beats any cab mounted sub everytime. The only cab mounted sub I've heard that sounds decent is in TNA because of its enclosure

Any suggestions?

Dan at Pinwoofer is really helpful and in my experience has given amazing customer support so I’d contact him direct to see if there’s anything he’d suggest.

Like Kevlar said, you are wasting your time adding a sub internally if you are fussy with decent bass. I tried all sorts then added an external sub, forget the glass tape I need some everything in the room tape😂 Makes a big difference to the experience for me but I’m addicted to bass😎

Funny that, I am not into the sound aspect of a pin "that" much. As long as there is some sound them I'm happy. I tend to have the volume quite low, if its too loud, it puts me off. I went to a mates house the other day - and he had all his really cranked up - it put me off my games!

Old age..........

Having sound systems since the eighties hasn't been helpful for my hearing but no regrets, what did you say😂

Any suggestions?
JJP has revised their amplifier board (to REV D) which requires a different calibration point and this is likely the source if your issue. REV B has been most prevalent up to now and since we did not learn of REV D until a few weeks ago, your expander board is calibrated to what's needed for REV B. So, REV D is showing more on the recent Europe titles and having run into this several times now, I have a fix that has been 100% successful to date.

If you have an issue my response time is usually with 15 minutes. (Sorry, I can't respond at 2:15am.)

I'm sure we can get your system sounding good, Julian, but I need to be given a chance to help.

I'll reach out and try to get your phone number.

Like Kevlar said, you are wasting your time adding a sub internally if you are fussy with decent bass. I tried all sorts then added an external sub, forget the glass tape I need some everything in the room tape[emoji23] Makes a big difference to the experience for me but I’m addicted to bass[emoji41]

Back
Top Bottom