What's new

JJP GNR Pinball

^^^ So when I quizzed JJP on this upon release they stated it was just the initial 100 prototype pins affected by the de-lamination. Then we had some LEs now the CEs.
All said and done, same sh^t process all round is gonna affect them all one way or another.

Last edited:
What amuses me is that folks think that washers etc solve this. Let me tell you they absolutely do not. My TNA has got worse and worse and I put washers down early.

I don’t wanna, but I’ve ordered and will be whacking on some carbon fibre jobbies from Cliffy at the first sign of any problem. Possibly before.
Yeah, sucks I’m not even sure these carbon fibre jobbies are the best way forward. Isn’t rubber better dampening material? - This is kinda an out of sight out of mind fix.

Neither of them fix it. The damage is being caused by the pounding of the posts. That doesn’t go away with the washers or other stuff - you just hide it - eventually the cracks go beyond the washers/cover up stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So where can we get PETG washers from? I can only see ones for the USA.
I plan to put them in before I play any games.
Is the Cliffy carbon fiber washer any better than the PETG ones?

Yeah, sucks I’m not even sure these carbon fibre jobbies are the best way forward. Isn’t rubber better dampening material? - This is kinda an out of sight out of mind fix.
If it were me I would put a decent thickness rubber washer soft enough to flex under the post hits, that would hopefully take the stress away from the clear coat.
Might have to keep checking tightness of post though as I wouldn’t tighten down as hard as normal and see how it goes.
Can‘t think of anything else that would help except make the playfields like they used to!

I think the only thing we can do given the landing date of the container and the number of potential customers who could be affected is to seek advice from Phil.
He has JJPs ear, the technical nonce on the pins, also the Distro.

I think the only thing we can do given the landing date of the container and the number of potential customers who could be affected is to seek advice from Phil.
He has JJPs ear, the technical nonce on the pins, also the Distro.
I’m curious about this technical nonce Phil has on the pins …

cee85a76d2975650817fe039d9101d6a.jpg

Friend of mines three week old game in Canada.

They are - his game was made after the CE’s which all had the testing. The testing clearly was a load of old ****.

So if it looks like this over a few plays, what will it look like in years to come, decades even.
It doesn’t bode well.
As the layer of art/clear isn’t stuck properly to the wood most likely everywhere not just near the posts. That’s the worrying part for me.

My JJP Wonka CE & Dialed LE are both fine..
it really is a lottery at the moment with Mirco..

when I get a game I don’t play it constantly, racking up 100’s of plays in a week or 2. Maybe the clear needs to cure a bit more..

Maybe the almost constant up to 6 ball multiball is hammering these posts. The washers need to
rubber ones that flex and absorb vibration. Metal washers under the posts will just dig into the clear and the small movements with every hit will bring the clear up.

JJP need to set up a rig with Mirco playfield and constantly fire a ball at a post- then try different washers/material around and under the post to see what works.

Overtighten at the factory - crack the clear, don’t tighten enough - movement scrapes the artwork and pools the clear...

When you get the game. Let the playfield breath. It will be hotter by then. So leave the glass off, resist playing for a few weeks and let the playfield cure to 100%. I’m sure the cause of this is rushed out the door playfields..

Nothing to do with curing time.

The 4 GNRs that came to the UK sat for 4 months because of the tax issue.

The issue is a **** supplier of playfields (mirco) and a manufacturer that doesn’t care about you.

Atleast one of the other games that came in has this issue and actually has it worse than mine sadly.

When you get the game. Let the playfield breath. It will be hotter by then. So leave the glass off, resist playing for a few weeks and let the playfield cure to 100%. I’m sure the cause of this is rushed out the door playfields..

This will make zero difference - it’s also the process that mirco uses and how long the ink dries before he puts clear on. He’s pretty much a one man band so there is a lot of variability in the process this is how there is also variability in quality of the output.

Has Mirco ever done any decent playfields? Colours wrong, text missing, clear coming away, clear cracking, clear soft, ghosting inserts, inserts low, and now ink not dry enough before the next process. All this over quite a few years and he is still in business WTF😂
JJP are doomed if they keep using them or anyone else.

This is how to mount a post on a playfield and completely remove the chance of damage/pooling. These are 2 posts on R&M which are sat in shallow routed holes in the playfield. One is the flooble crank, a solid post with no rubber on you hit to charge the magna save and light locks, the other is a post at the bottom of the left ramp. Both are sunk down into the playfield. As JJP/mirco seem incapable of making a good playfield clear since Dialed in maybe they need to be looking at alternative post mounting options like this.

IMG_20210524_090232.jpgIMG_20210524_090242.jpg

Back
Top Bottom