What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

My GNR has the same problem. Phil is working with JJP on it. Phil has been excellent but he is of course limited by what JJP offer.

Here is another CE less than 100 plays.

1e30c65cc7215987a866b61dd65a85b6.jpg1a52eaae417227613a59079a9b3a1f35.jpgd43d0bed6f77a18ea2510bc297073ff9.jpge5b56127a1409856ce2bc2aec8095f17.jpgeeba142030101101920f805a1efbe677.jpg7df31e5b60d6821595ec042b0a37c12d.jpga02ea8e95a2347a7fb0df83fcbd56627.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is putting the washers on? Are they done in the factory or have buyers put them on and made an *rse of it?

nobody knows for sure but honestly I can't see how this won't eventually affect everyone - I don't understand why JJP continue to work with Mirco though.

All the areas this is happening in are high velocity areas. My DI has 5 times as many games as on my GNR and the playfield is fine on DI. So I don't get why they can't just make them like the used too. I really haven't played the game all that much.

IMG_1729.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
@Neil McRae I'm absolutely gutted for you, I hope you get resolved/compensated for this.
Looking at the 'Continued playfield issues...' thread on Pinside JJP are getting slated for their customer support and people with issues are basically being strung along or sent washers. Their offer to buy back faulty games leads nowhere. People gave up and sold them privately.

@Neil McRae I'm absolutely gutted for you, I hope you get resolved/compensated for this.
To be honest, when I ordered the game I knew it would be ****ed but I thought "they claim its solved lets see", plus it looked like a fun game. As I said Phil is dealing with JJP on it but looking at the **** show with other much bigger customers for JJP I am not expecting any resolution - prove me wrong Jack! If the current resolution is to do nothing then JJP won't get another penny of my money and I'll be certain that their reputation for a quality product is balanced with their reality of shipping a poor product, there is more than enough evidence to say they don't seem to care about customers or making a quality product. I really feel for the distributors who have all been left out in the cold.

Spooky and Stern resolved playfield issues for me and in my view stand by their customers.

Neil.

To be honest, when I ordered the game I knew it would be ****ed but I thought "they claim its solved lets see", plus it looked like a fun game. As I said Phil is dealing with JJP on it but looking at the **** show with other much bigger customers for JJP I am not expecting any resolution - prove me wrong Jack! If the current resolution is to do nothing then JJP won't get another penny of my money and I'll be certain that their reputation for a quality product is balanced with their reality of shipping a poor product, there is more than enough evidence to say they don't seem to care about customers or making a quality product. I really feel for the distributors who have all been left out in the cold.

Spooky and Stern resolved playfield issues for me and in my view stand by their customers.

Neil.
I just ordered the pinmonk fans for when i finally get my machine and see they are selling mylar rings for under the posts .Do you think this is worth doing?

No. Already proven to be a waste of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Putting washers over the PF in areas is poor. It looks gash!
More importantly, the art/ink loses its adhesion properties after a small number of plays. The washer is there simply to keep the art in place as it already begins the delamination from the wood.
Cannot even be regarded as a solution because it isn't.

Putting washers over the PF in areas is poor. It looks gash!
More importantly, the art/ink loses its adhesion properties after a small number of plays. The washer is there simply to keep the art in place as it already begins the delamination from the wood.
Cannot even be regarded as a solution because it isn't.

I don’t wanna, but I’ve ordered and will be whacking on some carbon fibre jobbies from Cliffy at the first sign of any problem. Possibly before.

Those mirco playfields look like it is a vinyl sticker over a bit of wood - like one of those playfield overlays!

I am sure that JJP are not leaving them to cure long enough as clearcoat takes so long to dry out. It gets to 90% quite fast but the final hardenening takes a long time.

Mirco may have a signed disclaimer from JJP to get the playfields in the factory quickly.

Amazing I have worked on 2 'diamond plate' games this week from the 80s. No chipping.

It is now 2021 - why is this stuff still being built badly?

Copy Haggis unless he has patented his playfields.

On the speaker issue - I have no idea why stern/JJP/ whomever do not build a box around the speakers and port speakers correctly.

This will improve the sound SO MUCH - especially with better speakers.

On the speaker issue - I have no idea why stern/JJP/ whomever do not build a box around the speakers and port speakers correctly.

This will improve the sound SO MUCH - especially with better speakers.
What do capcom pins sound like didn’t they do this? Probably still use crap speakers.

Much better, but the sub is not boxed in. This would greatly improve the audio quality if any sub was boxed in and ported. I have done this on a couple of pins I restored with excellent results.
Was thinking about building a box around the cab speaker, might give it a go👍

Back
Top Bottom