What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

What washers are JJP putting on?
Rubber? PETG? people that have applied Mylar then silicone washers are reporting no further damage
the JJP ones around the sling posts are PETG by the looks. The people reporting that only just did it; in my view it will not stop the problem and what happened to my TNA supports that.

I've been on the fence about pulling out over this. There's talk of a class action lawsuit over on pinside because JJP are treating customers so badly. One guy in Europe is strongly suggesting his pin was one that had been returned in the States, repackaged and sent out as new to Europe. If nothing else I might delay my purchase longer and see if JJP/mirco make/are forced to make any changes.

Perhaps the people on the line should know how to work the torque setting on their tools as some of the factory installed washers are bucking and doing the damage in the first place!

for me its the lack of response on this for years now. Ken Cromwell the only person that mentioned it and said its fixed on a podcast and Mirco saying its fixed on his bull**** expo seminar. They will be selling tickets to his expo seminar this year as so many people will want to go in and headbutt the ****.

Or... people will quickly forget about these issues and keep buying each new release regardless.

I'm definitely out on JJP forever. I took a risk because they said they had fixed it, they lied to their customers and are now ignoring them.

Is this a case of extreme vibration at the posts? With the constant battering at the posts due to Multiballs?.. are the metal washers moving with vibration and digging into the clear?
Washers that sandwich between the base of the post and playfield made of a vibration dampening material should help.. no?

I take it the washers already on games go under the post and not just around the post.. I think that PETG is still rigid and will still amount to pooling around the washer

I think its the constant battering, but note the two main problem areas which are just north of the pops high pounding area because of the pops. and on the upper playfield which is a low traffic area and low ball speed area for most of the time. So its strange. My upper playfield is touch wood ok so far, its just round the pops. I'm tempted to turn down the pops power. The other area is near the inlane so far I don't have that issue but going to check the game again today as I'm putting it up for trade.

There is still a chance that the games you get are all ok; CE's the probability for a game with no problems is low, but LE's a few that are ok but you never know how they are played etc; cross fingers.

What next:-
- It’s the Prototypes that are just affected
- The LEs will be fine
- Some LEs slipped through the quality net and are affected
- Wait CEs will be perfect
- Sh^t CEs are goosed
- LEs will be fine
Damn they are all 🔥 wood 😂

^^^^ Also:-
- Recode the pin - less multi-balls - slow the game to a crawl
- Redesign / change ball density - less impact on posts - less damage
- Slow pop speed
- Prop up the back legs
- plumbers foam around the posts
- play pin once a month
That may help

Im thinking the bushing would be quite good- if made so that it sits just above the top of the playfield. All the vibration would be absorbed through to the bottom of playfield.. no?

Not sure how that helps on the posts that are effected Dave - they aren’t using tNuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I feel genuinely bad for anyone that dropped such a huge sum of money and ended up with a borked playfield. JJP need to be seen to be doing everything possible to make it right otherwise this might be irreparably damaging to their brand no? Hope all the guys here that got one are okay.

I think they are the same but the springs are different - that was the case of DI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

^^^^Im a bit worried this time round with that routine.
I’ve moved department and away from home a lot more around the country so that sort of notice won’t work with me.

so assume the month in advance starts now - then when the game arrives you are ready!

Back
Top Bottom