What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Bond owners club!

Well I had my GB playfield completely replaced with a new fully populated playfield during the ghosting saga - I had only 1 NIB then! Maybe its just my lovable nature that Stern want to look after me!

Buying 1 NIB or buying 100 NIB, every customer should get the same service.
Afternoon Phil
But they do if they go through the correct channels. I buy Lots of NIB and I sell lots of NIB.

So why would one of my customers ask Stern for parts or replacement if a damaged cab arrives, Stern or their employees have no idea who my customer is they don't deal with those 3rd world problems like I have to.

I don't know collywobbles issues or know who sold it to him and I deff won't assume why he has an outstanding issue. But I just sold 4 NIB last week 2 Godzilla prem and 1 GOTG plus 1 LE bond. So far 2 issue's with Godzillas
The common issue is volume menu buttons not working on one and having a switch failure. So as an Irish Distro for stern pinballs, I put in a replacement order for parts for my customers and the next day told the order was received and they will be out asap.

I also don't know who Neils goes to for help on a stern issue is None of my business or anybody's as least he got it sorted or on the way whoever it is.

So for me, people bad-mouthing stern parts ordering is BS people have asked me for spare parts and I got them with no issue

Well I had my GB playfield completely replaced with a new fully populated playfield during the ghosting saga - I had only 1 NIB then! Maybe its just my lovable nature that Stern want to look after me!
Just as a matter of interest did you go direct Neil? If so can you pm me who and where please.
Or was it the fact it was posted on Pinside and they got in touch? If so I could easily drop my experience on a similar thread on the Godzilla thread I suppose. 😝

When Stern or JJP send a new cabinet you get just that.
How do I know???? well I do a lot of PH warranty work.
It will have no cabling inside whatsoever.
You will have to swap EVERYTHING over.
It may not even have side rails fitted as if it is an LE cab they wont want them being taken off and sold (or put on a premium).
If a customer can not (or will not) do the cabinet swap - then Mr P will do it at his place or send someone out.

Stern are not great all the time at helping people out. Kirk at Tilt only recently got his Avengers subway replaced on his LE that broke after a few games!

As said before - it shouldnt matter if you buy 1 NIB pro or 20 NIB LE's - they should look after everybody.

@Colywobbles - put loads of posts on Stern's social media sites about your issue.

Stern people do not read this forum - I doubt many read pinside.

I think Neil was hoping he would just have to connect the playfield to the populated cabinet and bingo it’s fixed. TBH if they are getting the damaged cabinet back. Why not provide this.

Oh and nice to have you back Big M!

I think Neil was hoping he would just have to connect the playfield to the populated cabinet and bingo it’s fixed. TBH if they are getting the damaged cabinet back. Why not provide this.

Oh and nice to have you back Big M!
In the past companies have wanted photos of trashed cabs, and decals scratched off.

It is not cost effective to return a cab but they do not want them in circulation.

I would not assume anything from USA practices as Electrocoin are the UK importer.

When you return a broken node board to electrocoin they chuck it away.

When Stern or JJP send a new cabinet you get just that.
How do I know???? well I do a lot of PH warranty work.
It will have no cabling inside whatsoever.
You will have to swap EVERYTHING over.
It may not even have side rails fitted as if it is an LE cab they wont want them being taken off and sold (or put on a premium).
If a customer can not (or will not) do the cabinet swap - then Mr P will do it at his place or send someone out.

Stern are not great all the time at helping people out. Kirk at Tilt only recently got his Avengers subway replaced on his LE that broke after a few games!

As said before - it shouldnt matter if you buy 1 NIB pro or 20 NIB LE's - they should look after everybody.

@Colywobbles - put loads of posts on Stern's social media sites about your issue.

Stern people do not read this forum - I doubt many read pinside.
I can't wait to see Neil do it in 20 minutes.

Just as a matter of interest did you go direct Neil? If so can you pm me who and where please.
Or was it the fact it was posted on Pinside and they got in touch? If so I could easily drop my experience on a similar thread on the Godzilla thread I suppose. 😝
It’s a disgrace how you’ve been treated Col..You’ve made my experience in pinball a great one from the beginning. Having bought my first pin off you and greeted with a coffee on arrival and allowed to play all your amazing pins, given advice been a newbie, seen the amazing things you manufacture for the community and pointed in the direction of the awesome Chris B.. it’s people like you who keep Stern in business

Last edited:
Afternoon Phil
But they do if they go through the correct channels. I buy Lots of NIB and I sell lots of NIB.

So why would one of my customers ask Stern for parts or replacement if a damaged cab arrives, Stern or their employees have no idea who my customer is they don't deal with those 3rd world problems like I have to.

I don't know collywobbles issues or know who sold it to him and I deff won't assume why he has an outstanding issue. But I just sold 4 NIB last week 2 Godzilla prem and 1 GOTG plus 1 LE bond. So far 2 issue's with Godzillas
The common issue is volume menu buttons not working on one and having a switch failure. So as an Irish Distro for stern pinballs, I put in a replacement order for parts for my customers and the next day told the order was received and they will be out asap.

I also don't know who Neils goes to for help on a stern issue is None of my business or anybody's as least he got it sorted or on the way whoever it is.

So for me, people bad-mouthing stern parts ordering is BS people have asked me for spare parts and I got them with no issue
This makes a lot more sense than some of the posts looking to Stern directly to resolve issues with customers. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't really get why Colin's issue is being framed/perceived as a Stern issue and that noise needs making on Stern's social media channels to make things happen, when it strikes me that it's (legally/contractually speaking) a whoever-it-was-actually-bought-from issue to resolve.

Last edited:
Phil sorted it out for me.

31d5e044-e1d2-4db9-8979-d0be4f35521a.png

LE/PRE V0.95.0 - August 10, 2023
=====================

- Now "Goldfinger's Jackpot" Wizard Mode is available at the right ramp upon playing any of the following:
All 6 Villain modes.
All 6 Henchmen modes.
All 6 SPECTRE Weapon modes.
All 6 Q Branch modes.
- Added "Goldfinger's Jackpot" as a timed single ball Wizard Mode. 9 arrow shots are lit in the color
of wires from a bomb (3 Red, 3 Green, 3 Blue). Shooting a lit arrow shot gives a Jackpot award and
changes the arrow color to GOLD. Making same colored arrow shots in sequence scores bigger Jackpot
awards. For instance, a player is awarded 5M for collecting/shooting the 1st Blue arrow shot. If
the next Jackpot is scored from a Blue arrow shot the player is awarded 25M. And, if the next Jackpot
scored is also from a Blue arrow shot the player is awarded 50M. Once the sequence is broken Jackpot
awards start over a 5M. Each Jackpot award also builds the Super Jackpot value as does all switches.
The Red/Green/Blue arrow shots are visible at the start of the mode but soon turn white to hide the
the color of the wire/shot. This requires the player to remember the colors for each shot. Making
a lit shot momentarily exposes all of the available colored wire shots. Shooting the Goldfinger
target will also momentarily expose all of the available colored wire Shots. Once all 9 shots are made
the timer is reset to 14 seconds. Before time runs out shoot the right ramp for a Double Jackpot
followed by a shot to the Rocket for a Super Jackpot. Collecting a Super Jackpot ends the mode.
The ball is cycled back into the trough during the Super Jackpot Award presentation and 1 new ball
is kicked into the shooter lane to allow play to continue.
- Changed the default difficulty setting for starting a Henchmen mode via the side ramp. Default = Easy.
- Added a "Bond Women Multiplier Increase Difficulty After Each Use" adjustment.
Default = NO. Now the default setting keeps the Bond Women Multipliers from progressively
being more difficult to light after each use.
- Modified the topper award blink rate for Feeding Frenzy.
- Fixed missing topper awards from Orient Express.
- Modified the blink rate of topper awards for Chaos at Crab Key, Radio Reconnaissance, Under Water
Power Pack, Aston Martin, Attache Case, Little Nellie, Q's Ring, Feeding Frenzy, and Orient Express.
- Added Super Rocket and Super Pops topper effects.
- Modified the blink rate of SPECTRE Weapon topper award effects.
- Modified Q Branch topper start effects.
- Enhanced Bird 1 MB and Jetpack Multiball topper award effects.
- Fixed blink rate on Wizard Mode topper award effects.
- Fixed a topper issue with double scoring stacking with modes when modes timed out.
- Fixed Rocket topper light shows.
- Fixed Jetpack Multiball start and total topper effects that were not ending properly.
- Added topper effects for advancing towards Bird 1 Multiball.
- Added topper effects for advancing towards Jetpack Multiball.
- Added combined mode/login menu.
- Game Mode Menu integrated with Login Screens (Insider Connected)
- Change the Left Orbit lamp effect.
- Changed the start and background topper effects for Wizard Modes.
- Added a new "Chaos at Crab Key" Super Jackpot lamp effect.
- Modified all Q Branch Multiball background topper effects.
- Changed the fonts used in the Bird 1 Multiball Extended ready/awarded display effects.
- Modified the "007 Scoring" topper effect to co-exist with stacked modes/multiballs.
- Added texture to the award bar seen in the "Chaos at Crab Key", "Ahoy Mr. Bond", and
"Goldfinger's Jackpot" award display effects.
- Added a new "Ahoy Mr. Bond" Wizard Mode Super Jackpot lamp effect.
- Fixed a SPECTRE target award bug so only newly hit targets animate on the display.
- Now the SPECTRE target completion animation works correctly during the SPECTRE Weapon Ready display effect.
- Changed the SPECTRE target completion display effect to draw the "flare effect" in front of all letters.
- Now Q Branch and SPECTRE Weapon modes are disallowed from starting until Wizard Mode grace period timers
have expired.
- Changed the SPECTRE Targets Completed animation and shortened the display time to 2.5 seconds.
- Moved the Bird 1 Jackpot text into the player/name zone during the "Multiball Extended" display effect.
- Changed the "Spinner Hit" display elements render order.
- Now all Bond Women Multiplier Lit display elements have the same render order priority.
- Moved the top lane MI6 spell-out to the player/name zone when a Hurry-Up is running in the score zone.
- Added logic to Q Branch timed modes to pause the timer due to ball inactivity.
- Added a new "007 Scoring" topper background effect.
- Now the Bird 1 Multiball Super Jackpot value updates correctly during a SPECTRE Spell-out session.
- Added SPECTRE Spell-out to SPECTRE Weapons Lit/Ready display effects to show the spell-out completed animation
and jackpot value.
- Fixed a problem where timers were being paused after making an award shot during the
"Professor Dent" Henchmen mode.
- Fixed a bug in "Ahoy Mr. Bond" where, upon completing the mode, the incorrect mode total score
was being displayed.
- Added Super Jackpot text to Bird 1 Multiball background and award display effects.
- Fixed a bug that occurred at end of the "Ahoy Mr. Bond" Super Jackpot Sequence where the bottom
lane up-post held the ball and didn't flash/warn the player that the post was being lowered.
- Added logic allowing the "Ahoy Mr. Bond" Completed Total display effect to be aborted via flipper
"blow off".
- Added a progress bar to Power Pack Multiball.

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.10.0
- Conagent v1.0.12
- Various behind the scenes improvements for correctness and performance.

PRO V0.95.0 - August 10, 2023
=====================

- Now "Goldfinger's Jackpot" Wizard Mode is available at the right ramp upon playing any of the following:
All 6 Villain modes.
All 6 Henchmen modes.
All 6 SPECTRE Weapon modes.
All 6 Q Branch modes.
- Added "Goldfinger's Jackpot" as a timed single ball Wizard Mode. 9 arrow shots are lit in the color
of wires from a bomb (3 Red, 3 Green, 3 Blue). Shooting a lit arrow shot gives a Jackpot award and
changes the arrow color to GOLD. Making same colored arrow shots in sequence scores bigger Jackpot
awards. For instance, a player is awarded 5M for collecting/shooting the 1st Blue arrow shot. If
the next Jackpot is scored from a Blue arrow shot the player is awarded 25M. And, if the next Jackpot
scored is also from a Blue arrow shot the player is awarded 50M. Once the sequence is broken Jackpot
awards start over a 5M. Each Jackpot award also builds the Super Jackpot value as does all switches.
The Red/Green/Blue arrow shots are visible at the start of the mode but soon turn white to hide the
the color of the wire/shot. This requires the player to remember the colors for each shot. Making
a lit shot momentarily exposes all of the available colored wire shots. Shooting the Goldfinger
target will also momentarily expose all of the available colored wire Shots. Once all 9 shots are made
the timer is reset to 14 seconds. Before time runs out shoot the right ramp for a Double Jackpot
followed by a shot to the Rocket for a Super Jackpot. Collecting a Super Jackpot ends the mode.
The ball is cycled back into the trough during the Super Jackpot Award presentation and 1 new ball
is kicked into the shooter lane to allow play to continue.
- Changed the default difficulty setting for starting a Henchmen mode via the side ramp. Default = Easy.
- Added a "Bond Women Multiplier Increase Difficulty After Each Use" adjustment.
Default = NO. Now the default setting keeps the Bond Women Multipliers from progressively
being more difficult to light after each use.
- Modified the topper award blink rate for Feeding Frenzy.
- Fixed missing topper awards from Orient Express.
- Modified the blink rate of topper awards for Chaos at Crab Key, Radio Reconnaissance, Under Water
Power Pack, Aston Martin, Attache Case, Little Nellie, Q's Ring, Feeding Frenzy, and Orient Express.
- Added Super Rocket and Super Pops topper effects.
- Modified the blink rate of SPECTRE Weapon topper award effects.
- Modified Q Branch topper start effects.
- Enhanced Bird 1 MB and Jetpack Multiball topper award effects.
- Fixed blink rate on Wizard Mode topper award effects.
- Fixed a topper issue with double scoring stacking with modes when modes timed out.
- Fixed Rocket topper light shows.
- Fixed Jetpack Multiball start and total topper effects that were not ending properly.
- Added topper effects for advancing towards Bird 1 Multiball.
- Added topper effects for advancing towards Jetpack Multiball.
- Added combined mode/login menu.
- Game Mode Menu integrated with Login Screens (Insider Connected)
- Change the Left Orbit lamp effect.
- Changed the start and background topper effects for Wizard Modes.
- Added a new "Chaos at Crab Key" Super Jackpot lamp effect.
- Modified all Q Branch Multiball background topper effects.
- Changed the fonts used in the Bird 1 Multiball Extended ready/awarded display effects.
- Modified the "007 Scoring" topper effect to co-exist with stacked modes/multiballs.
- Added texture to the award bar seen in the "Chaos at Crab Key", "Ahoy Mr. Bond", and
"Goldfinger's Jackpot" award display effects.
- Added a new "Ahoy Mr. Bond" Wizard Mode Super Jackpot lamp effect.
- Fixed a SPECTRE target award bug so only newly hit targets animate on the display.
- Now the SPECTRE target completion animation works correctly during the SPECTRE Weapon Ready display effect.
- Changed the SPECTRE target completion display effect to draw the "flare effect" in front of all letters.
- Now Q Branch and SPECTRE Weapon modes are disallowed from starting until Wizard Mode grace period timers
have expired.
- Changed the SPECTRE Targets Completed animation and shortened the display time to 2.5 seconds.
- Moved the Bird 1 Jackpot text into the player/name zone during the "Multiball Extended" display effect.
- Changed the "Spinner Hit" display elements render order.
- Now all Bond Women Multiplier Lit display elements have the same render order priority.
- Moved the top lane MI6 spell-out to the player/name zone when a Hurry-Up is running in the score zone.
- Added logic to Q Branch timed modes to pause the timer due to ball inactivity.
- Added a new "007 Scoring" topper background effect.
- Now the Bird 1 Multiball Super Jackpot value updates correctly during a SPECTRE Spell-out session.
- Added SPECTRE Spell-out to SPECTRE Weapons Lit/Ready display effects to show the spell-out completed animation
and jackpot value.
- Fixed a problem where timers were being paused after making an award shot during the
"Professor Dent" Henchmen mode.
- Fixed a bug in "Ahoy Mr. Bond" where, upon completing the mode, the incorrect mode total score
was being displayed.
- Added Super Jackpot text to Bird 1 Multiball background and award display effects.
- Fixed a bug that occurred at end of the "Ahoy Mr. Bond" Super Jackpot Sequence where the bottom
lane up-post held the ball and didn't flash/warn the player that the post was being lowered.
- Added logic allowing the "Ahoy Mr. Bond" Completed Total display effect to be aborted via flipper
"blow off".
- Added a progress bar to Power Pack Multiball.

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.10.0
- Conagent v1.0.12
- Various behind the scenes improvements for correctness and performance.

Bond owners undecided on whether to go for the Topper or not, this video shows the best lighting gameplay lighting effects.

It’s made my mind up I won’t be buying one at the price it is for some very average lighting effects
Not sure if it’s still happening but a DB5 topper was discussed/knocked about.

The concept/idea was to have the DB5 front bumper with revolving number plate, drop down lamps with pop out guns, I’ll reach out and see if it’s still happening.

Not sure if it’s still happening but a DB5 topper was discussed/knocked about.

The concept/idea was to have the DB5 front bumper with revolving number plate, drop down lamps with pop out guns, I’ll reach out and see if it’s still happening.
That’s it I’m buying a bond if that happens 😜

Good to see Bond in the IFPA final, great gameplay.

The Scuba Kickout they have set real fast, makes it look way more exciting.

Played Bond today (cheers Greg) and absolutely loved it. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it just shoots so well and man the theme POPS. Cool game, think I want one
Sounds exactly the same as my experience, played it yesterday and really enjoyed it, it exceeded my expectations. It was hard to gauge what was going on in a noisy environment but shot wise and visually I thought it was great. Definitely going on my wanted list to own at some point, along with Avengers which was also better than I was expecting.

Back
Top Bottom