What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Bond owners club!

Aren't there games stacked on top of upright games on pallets when they load the containers, these will be the ones that had the pallets removed, who knows how / who gets them down ??

They won't waste space, they'll slide more in on top.

18 months ago the exact same thing happened to me with my GZ LE !
It wasn’t on a pallet when it arrived and when opened it up it had taken a hellish drop on its **** and the inertia tried to launch the PF through the bottom of the cab.
The front of the cab had a nasty bow in it and the PF metal skids had buried themselves into the PF itself splitting the PF slightly.
The glass translite had bent the speaker panel lock arm inside so I couldn’t open it up.
I was absolutely gutted as this was a grail theme for me so tried to get it rectified by Stern and 18mth on still haven’t had a thing done.

My solution
Removed the receiver and straightened it best I could, it looks a bit bent and nasty but the cab returned to normal and I could get the PF back where I could actually launch a ball. Previously the PF was so far forward the shooter Rod couldn’t reach the ball on a full plunge.

Next was getting the speaker panel open and with some brute force and nail biting effort I managed to get it pried open enough to get at the arm and release.

Luckily my cab wasn’t damaged at all but I did find some of the buildings and plastics were scratched and one plastic smashed which I remade myself as can be seen on my Atomic GZ mod video.

I’m Phils defence he offered me a full refund but as no more LEs available Inopted to try get the issues fixed and to this day they haven’t.

Still love my GZ and would never sell it but it did leave a bad taste in my mouth.
Stern don’t give a **** whereas Spooky sorted a small problem within days of it arriving albeit a small one.

B289E69C-D697-4FB0-90F0-009DB2BD08CC.jpegE8F3DA77-ADF4-46AD-B15D-8D1B06017C1B.jpeg14804A6A-3823-4435-974E-ADDF467F0238.jpeg88EE2680-6970-42B4-AAA9-35ED7F1CF791.jpegA7E57DB0-FDB3-4925-A73B-276948360AEC.jpeg

Last edited:
Aren't there games stacked on top of upright games on pallets when they load the containers, these will be the ones that had the pallets removed, who knows how / who gets them down ??

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen a picture of this posted on here few hrs ago, where games were on top…

So was it only Bonds damaged!?

They do manage it without damage. I guess as long as its packed with little movement.Freddies_n.jpgFreddies2.jpg

It could be the quality of the wood that’s changed. Removing the box from above and lowering onto its end maybe that didn’t damage pins before but the wood is slightly softer and now these things are occurring..

Stern LE’s are a thing of beauty however they weigh nothing like a JJP, American pinball or even a Spooky..

Last edited:
After much debate about how mine was damaged my theory is the forklift drivers fly around moving them as quick as possible with no regard to what’s at stake after all it’s just another job that needs done before end of shift.
This could be any point on route from Stern to your door.
I’ve seen myself how the drivers in a factory fly about and drop the forks full tilt onto the floor no matter what’s on there.
Imagine the weight of the pin hitting the softwood pallet smashes it hence it’s chucked leaving the pin without one.
My guess anyways

More horror pics of things still not addressed.

7F970231-4161-4F5E-94B3-4FAC2B39F9F5.jpeg97C7D65E-4F7E-4D3D-892A-8E4A6F14EC1F.jpeg88EDFCAF-C091-41C4-88A9-B8375E026E12.jpeg

After much debate about how mine was damaged my theory is the forklift drivers fly around moving them as quick as possible with no regard to what’s at stake after all it’s just another job that needs done before end of shift.
This could be any point on route from Stern to your door.
I’ve seen myself how the drivers in a factory fly about and drop the forks full tilt onto the floor no matter what’s on there.
Imagine the weight of the pin hitting the softwood pallet smashes it hence it’s chucked leaving the pin without one.
My guess anyways

More horror pics of things still not addressed.

View attachment 192510View attachment 192511View attachment 192512
Hope you do eventually get some replacements Col. Accidents/ mistakes happen all the time, it’s how businesses/ people rectify them that matters. Doesn’t sound like Stern have looked after you at all, which sucks.

That's ridiculous Col, there is no reason whatsoever they can't supply a box with the decals installed along with a populated playfield and apron other than they can't be bothered.

Someone needs to step up and get that organised for you, have you submitted a ticket direct to Stern ?

Can't be right leaving you with that. Hope Neil gets them in a head lock and slaps them into submission. Gutted for both of you. :(

Sorry it looks like I’ve kinda derailed the thread somewhat and taken @Neil McRae aweful experience to a back seat so apologies Neil.

Maybe we can have a NIB faults and addressing thread to keep tabs on how manufacturers respond to customers problems with a timeline as I might end up with the chicken dinner on this one.

As for being unsaleable I have turned down 2 buyers at 13k as is but don’t ever intend to sell anyway!

Nothing is affected or visibly noticed superficialy and only noticeable if pointed out under the bonnet so to speak. In fact it plays perfectly and flows beautifully so once these problems get addressed it will be perfect.
If ever addressed that is as I’ve kinda gave up as I have more important **** going on in my life ATM.

Managed to hook up the trough so have had a game…and the jet pack isn’t working. Has anyone had any issues or know of any adjustments? It’s dead in the tests.

Code 0.7 -0.8 had issues, 0.84 fixed the issue of calibration for the motor.

There was a post my on Pinside about Jetpack Bond being dead and how they fixed it

I can see it now....."Phil, please can I have one on a pallet?"
I can see how this happened. All the pros were loaded then the LE loaded on top. Makes the voyage and when they unloaded them they slid them out and let them drop onto its end rather than lift down with a fork lift. Probably a new/different person than usual. Must be a right sh1t show for electrocoin/PH.

Code 0.7 -0.8 had issues, 0.84 fixed the issue of calibration for the motor.

There was a post my on Pinside about Jetpack Bond being dead and how they fixed it
I read about loosening the screw at the rear - tried that with no luck. The motor seems completely dead, no noise or movement at all. Switches register and work. The board that the Motor leads to has a couple of empty pin connections - if anyone has their playfield up could you see if there's supposed to be cable there?

Attachments

• IMG_5429.jpg
    IMG_5429.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 12
I can see how this happened. All the pros were loaded then the LE loaded on top. Makes the voyage and when they unloaded them they slid them out and let them drop onto its end rather than lift down with a fork lift. Probably a new/different person than usual. Must be a right sh1t show for electrocoin/PH.
Yeah and it looks like slid them down upside down ignoring the packaging information to bend the front of @Colywobbles GZ and @Neil McRae Bond. Mental.

Back
Top Bottom