What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Bond owners club!

Mine also has issues at the back. Damage along the rear edge where Neil had damage, and the orange trim around the backbox is scraped. Looking closer at the trough it looks like a connection is dodgy on one of the sensor boards. Definitely feels like these were rushed out.

Oh dear. what a ****er.

Reminds me of the first NIB i bought. jjp potc. not a light pin. The hadfields delivery man put it on his trolley and began wheeling it towards my front door. he was walking backwards and he didn’t notice the tree in my garden which overhangs onto the pavement. hit his head on the branches and toppled over. pinball fell onto him. he broke its fall. i had to lift it off him.
Thought the pin might have suffered. he did.

pin was 100% but the anti tilt devices on the packaging showed that it had been tipped over.
Just watched Neil's unboxing; that sucks massively:-(
I have a NIB coming soon (Not a Bond) - probably the only NIB I'll ever get (just so happened the trade deal I did involved an unopened NIB) - bit nervous now!
Martin delivering and assuming he'll help unbox and set it up, given that a retailer is paying for delivery 🤞🏻

The new in box lottery is a joke . The last thing us as a commercial venue needs is a dead box on legs everyone wants to play. Our box was damaged but the packaging did its job. A right faff installing code and a few things falling off after a few games. Not like elvira which took a year to sort out niggles

So had a good handful of games, not 100% on the rules as I never like to read them... learn as I go

Looks wise I love the retro love of the machine, think its perfect...

I like the layout and the shots...

Code is the only issue at the moment, needs someone like the late Lyman on this or someone with the same vision...

Just watched Neil's unboxing; that sucks massively:-(
I have a NIB coming soon (Not a Bond) - probably the only NIB I'll ever get (just so happened the trade deal I did involved an unopened NIB) - bit nervous now!
Martin delivering and assuming he'll help unbox and set it up, given that a retailer is paying for delivery 🤞🏻

Have Stern confirmed what they will be doing about the damaged cab? @Neil McRae

Nothing on this scale, but I had a damaged decal on one of my games straight out of the box. You could see it as soon as you opened it up, so I think their final QA is lacking. Luckily, they sorted it to be fair, with help from Phil.

Like Neil said in his video, stuff happens, but it’s how it is rectified by Stern, that is the issue.

Have Stern confirmed what they will be doing about the damaged cab? @Neil McRae

Nothing on this scale, but I had a damaged decal on one of my games straight out of the box. You could see it as soon as you opened it up, so I think their final QA is lacking. Luckily, they sorted it to be fair, with help from Phil.
I reckon they'll just have to send @Neil McRae a whole NIB no?
I know Neil me said in the vid that he expected a new cab (that was before discovering the bent front rail etc) - if it was just a cab issue, that'd be a massive ball ache if they just sent a new cab (in addition to the Ball ache of having the faulty one collected etc)

I know Neil me said in the vid that he expected a new cab (that was before discovering the bent front rail etc) - if it was just a cab issue, that'd be a massive ball ache if they just sent a new cab (in addition to the Ball ache of having the faulty one collected etc)

Agreed! The only issue is how the LE factor is dealt with. I am sure you can just swap the plate over though.

Good thing he filmed it, otherwise I could see them coming back and questioning if it was done during set up etc.

Agreed! The only issue is how the LE factor is dealt with. I am sure you can just swap the plate over though.

Good thing he filmed it, otherwise I could see them coming back and questioning if it was done during set up etc.
Oh yeah obsolutely; am thinking should I be filming my pin beige unboxed now, in case any issues.
Thats a good point re; the LE - I guess they'll have to use what they can from the LE (use most parts for a premium?) and just build an extra LE.

Sorry for posting here guys, not entirely sure what the rules are but I couldn't find the hype train 007 thread.

I've just finished Neil's stream and I thought he took it rather well all things considered.

I have to agree with Den on this . . . . Stern should be sending Neil a replacement game, not a cabinet, rail & speaker panel.

It's like me buying a new car and finding the chassis is cracked. It's not my job as the consumer to remove the engine whilst the manufacturer sends out replacement chassis and bodywork.

I'd expect and revive a brand new replacement car.

Sorry for posting here guys, not entirely sure what the rules are but I couldn't find the hype train 007 thread.

I've just finished Neil's stream and I thought he took it rather well all things considered.

I have to agree with Den on this . . . . Stern should be sending Neil a replacement game, not a cabinet, rail & speaker panel.

It's like me buying a new car and finding the chassis is cracked. It's not my job as the consumer to remove the engine whilst the manufacturer sends out replacement chassis and bodywork.

Or at the very least the garage does all the work for you!

I'd have guessed it's the responsibility of whoever he bought it from to sort it out to his satisfaction - a UK distributor who his sales contract is with, rather than Stern. Which might mean the distro arranging an entirely new machine that they import from Stern, or it might mean the distro doing rework with replacement parts. In the same way that if there was a problem with a new car, it'd be up to the garage who you bought it from to resolve a problem to your satisfaction, which might mean rework depending on what the issue is - they'd be under no obligation to get you a different (new) car if the problem could be resolved though, it would depend on circumstances, severity of issue, etc.

sorry guys but that doesn't happen. Didn't happen on BM66 and won't happen. May be proven wrong but they have not replaced in the past unless beyond repair.

sorry guys but that doesn't happen. Didn't happen on BM66 and won't happen. May be proven wrong but they have not replaced in the past unless beyond repair.

I would argue this is beyond repair given it’s a cracked cabinet. I think we are all watching this to see what the outcome is.

Sorry, if I am derailing the thread. If it helps, I hope play Bond soon, just need someone in Essex to buy one and invite me round…….😜

It's crazy. I'm really struggling to think of another high end item where this is the case.

Last year I got my son a mountain bike and the forks were faulty. Millets sent us a replacement bike rather than dispatching new forks and expecting us to fit them.

They didn't arrange collection for the old bike for two months, but that's a separate issue.

Anyway, apologies for jumping in. I hope you're all enjoying the game and the new code.. . . . the orbit shot looks amazing. 👍

It's crazy. I'm really struggling to think of another high end item where this is the case.

Last year I got my son a mountain bike and the forks were faulty. Millets sent us a replacement bike rather than dispatching new forks and expecting us to fit them.

They didn't arrange collection for the old bike for two months, but that's a separate issue.

Anyway, apologies for jumping in. I hope you're all enjoying the game and the new code.. . . . the orbit shot looks amazing. 👍
The jetpack multi ball shot is like butter its a fast shot back to the left flipper ...

Have only played the pro on early code (at funland) , but am looking forward to playing a Premium at some point when I get the opportunity 👍 Very interested to see which movie clips and music get put in.

As Neil mentioned in his video in the UK we have more consumer rights for the sale of goods so he doesnt have to accept a repair, or even a replacement I dont think if he didnt want to. The USA I believe has way less protection for the consumer.

He also mentions that they dont come on a pallet anymore, I have to wonder if that has anything to do with the damage done, considering someone else has mentioned damage in the same area at the very bottom of the box as shipped, I cant help but to think if it was strapped to a pallet there would have been more protection in that area.

Mine wasn't on a pallet and the crack in the art is along the edge where I think there would be pressure/movement when it's being moved around. My guess is that this is down to the lack of pallet. I think the join has flexed enough to crack through the decal/art.

On another note, I found a cable loose in the cab, which looks like it will attach to the trough sensor board, but it's not the same setup as I have in my Godzilla or other new Sterns. Can anyone take a look at their Bond and let me know if it's the same cable?

Attachments

• IMG_5416.jpg
    IMG_5416.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5408.jpeg
    IMG_5408.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 30
Mine too came on a pallet. No issues here.

Neil’s probably didn’t come on a pallet as when it was dropped they likely cut the straps and opened it up to see if they could see anything.

Got to agree, the powder-coat on this is beautiful

7508F359-087D-41E5-9AD0-FDEEE772FDFA.jpeg1B91640F-656A-4366-B56F-E965E05A8B1A.jpegA0C5C45E-4416-4E85-AF7A-ED9819E8EFDC.jpegB3C909C4-E636-4DB2-A8A7-D8AD7022A115.jpeg

Attachments

• 758A36D1-B65D-4961-942A-455DCD3C727D.jpeg
    758A36D1-B65D-4961-942A-455DCD3C727D.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom