What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Bond owners club!

I think having a pallet or not having a pallet is a red herring to some extent - even if these had a pallets in my view I think they would still have damage - I believe that some games where stacked. Until AIQ no games arrived on a pallet.

There is one significant difference than in other situations and that is the game is completely unplayable in its current situation.

ideally Stern should send a complete new game - I don’t think they will but that would be the best/easiest option, they can take this one back and either put it on display or sell it cheap.

The only acceptable solution for me is:

* New game
* New entire cabinet

otherwise it’ll be heading back to PH for a refund. Phil got onto EC right away and they are now the bottleneck - worst case I’ll call Gary Stern - they have always sorted out my issues and I expect them to do so In this case.

it’s a bit disappointing that one of my dream themes has this experience but Phil has supplied me over 30 NIB games and they have always been fine and Phil had leaned on EC to get this solved.

I am worried though that given Colins’ game that this could be a new normal!

the good news is that Bond 60th is being made this week so should be here soon!

I don't think it's a red herring Neil, it identifies which games were on top and got thrown around by someone not really giving any care. It's more than obvious what has gone, they only uncertainty is at which end it happened, states or here.

Huge respect for you handling it so well especially as it was being shown, I'm sure most of us would have tripped out !!:cool:

The pallet does not act as a shock absorber.
Main purpose is to move object around with ease.
Significant damage such as Cols and Neil’s I suspect is from a drop.
Pallet on / off the inertia will cause same effect.
Some logistics actually refuse to move large objects unless they are on a pallet.
Sometimes delivery agents remove the pallet prior to - last mile- as it’s easier to sack truck it to the end customer doorstep.

The pallet does not act as a shock absorber.
Main purpose is to move object around with ease.
Significant damage such as Cols and Neil’s I suspect is from a drop.
Pallet on / off the inertia will cause same effect.
Some logistics actually refuse to move large objects unless they are on a pallet.
Sometimes delivery agents remove the pallet prior to - last mile- as it’s easier to sack truck it to the end customer doorstep.
The pallet question is only because the top ones are removed from the pallet.

Hence they are being loaded/unloaded badly, probably dropped to the floor upside down which causes the coin door front cabinet damage.

If the container didn't have stacked boxes then this wouldn't be an issue I believe.

The pallet question is only because the top ones are removed from the pallet.

Hence they are being loaded/unloaded badly, probably dropped to the floor upside down which causes the coin door front cabinet damage.

If the container didn't have stacked boxes then this wouldn't be an issue I believe.
Just for the record, that’s Freddie’s Pinball Paradise not PH- EC👍
I also think Germany would have a wide spread damage issue if it was solely down to that.

Someone needs to invent a protective pod for Pinball machines, you could call it the PinPod™ or something...oh wait.

The beauty is it is so large there isn't enough room to stack the boxes on top of each other in a container. Or maybe just accept stacking Pinball machines on top of each other isn't a great idea no matter how much money it saves. Imagine trying to get one down cleanly from that height, no wonder they are being dropped (allegedly).

IMG_4225-768x1024.jpg

I think stacking extras on top will save a hell of a lot in container charges, possibly get an extra 50% in the container over single stacked and not sure if prices for containers are still stupidly high, so you could possibly be saving hundreds per box in shipping and then extra savings on the import duty and VAT which is added to the shipping charges as well as the shipping is usually in volume of the container and not the weight I think.

It makes you wonder what the hell is going on here.

Personally I think Neil should have got a replacement game, but if he's happy then that's the main thing.

But what about Colin? It's been a year right? Is he still waiting because he doesn't have Gary Stern's number? Has this only been sorted because Neil is well known and they want to be seen to do the right thing?

How many people have been privately messaging Stern with these issues and not getting a replacement cabinet?

Has this only been sorted because Neil is well known and they want to be seen to do the right thing?
buying 20+ NIB does tend to get you more attention. I have heard many similar stories and have been lucky enough that in my 16 NIB only ever had Star Trek that didn't work out of the box (bad warp ramp opto). Take away from this 3 things: 1) PH will do what it takes to put it right 2) This is actually quite a rare thing to happen 3) You may think that there is some sort of consumer rights thing to fall back on, there isn't!

buying 20+ NIB does tend to get you more attention. I have heard many similar stories and have been lucky enough that in my 16 NIB only ever had Star Trek that didn't work out of the box (bad warp ramp opto). Take away from this 3 things: 1) PH will do what it takes to put it right 2) This is actually quite a rare thing to happen 3) You may think that there is some sort of consumer rights thing to fall back on, there isn't!
Point 2 - not as rare by recent events which is a tad worrying
Point 3 - you need to do some bed time reading ..lol

I guess this is where the retailer/distro relationship with the manufacturer is tested.
Its great these guys bring pins over for us, they want to have a solid transaction end of day with happy customers.
I can also see the manufacturer point of view in some regard. Its unlikely they load the container at their premises with a badly damaged pin.
Its then handed over to logisitics where anything is possible.
To me, this appears to be a responsibility grey area between distro and the manufacturer.

In UK If customer receives badly damaged product and doesn't get acceptable resolution, you have consumer rights to fall back on, no question.
Unfortunately in the case of pinball in said situation, the retailer appears to get shafted, who sourced your item in good faith.

If this was a washing machine from a large coy such as AO then nobody gives a toss, you just get a replacement.

Customer just wants what he paid for end of day.

Last edited:
nonsense!

an hour?! Positively shocking! Maybe in the work shy north. :D :D :D :D I'll have it up and running in 20 minutes. Its a piece of ****. I will livestream the glorious swap!

Neil.
You clearly expect more to be in that cab already done. I can tell you as a matter of fact (have had to do one replacement myself) that all your getting is a decaled box sent by airmail as your replacement.
So amour has to be swapped
The coin door has to be swapped
Sub has to be swapped
Backbox has to be swapped
The playfield and its pins have to be swapped
tilt bob and all the gubbins
Flipper buttons and all their gubbins
Transformer
Loom
and the power pcb that controls the mechs etc (forget the name)
comes to about 50/60 screws and 12/16 bolts
But what you may have forgotten is the lockdown bar receiver has also to be ordered as yours is clearly buckled otherwise you have the same problem. Or bypass all that and just get the one part that is the issue the lockdown receiver.
Your cab from the video to me looks fine why change something that ain't broken, Unlike collywobbles?

Now saying that all that is going to take 20 mins good for you and I could do with you working for me in the arcade/pinball fixing stuff. you happy with min wage Neil and il have you on the repair line?

I jest with you Neil but stop leaving yourself open to being picked on.

Best Regards All

ok let’s get some charity money here - for the National Autistic Society if I don’t do this swap in twenty minutes I’ll donate £500 - if I do I need equal pledges here please- come on you Plenty O’Tool’s !!!

ok let’s get some charity money here - for the National Autistic Society if I don’t do this swap in twenty minutes I’ll donate £500 - if I do I need equal pledges here please- come on you Plenty O’Tool’s !!!
Please use the old box as a garden planter and post the pics on Pinside ! ;)

You clearly expect more to be in that cab already done. I can tell you as a matter of fact (have had to do one replacement myself) that all your getting is a decaled box sent by airmail as your replacement.
So amour has to be swapped
The coin door has to be swapped
Sub has to be swapped
Backbox has to be swapped
The playfield and its pins have to be swapped
tilt bob and all the gubbins
Flipper buttons and all their gubbins
Transformer
Loom
and the power pcb that controls the mechs etc (forget the name)
comes to about 50/60 screws and 12/16 bolts
But what you may have forgotten is the lockdown bar receiver has also to be ordered as yours is clearly buckled otherwise you have the same problem. Or bypass all that and just get the one part that is the issue the lockdown receiver.
Your cab from the video to me looks fine why change something that ain't broken, Unlike collywobbles?

Now saying that all that is going to take 20 mins good for you and I could do with you working for me in the arcade/pinball fixing stuff. you happy with min wage Neil and il have you on the repair line?

I jest with you Neil but stop leaving yourself open to being picked on.

Best Regards All

Well, I’m afraid you’ve caught me with more than my hands up!

Alan the cabinet is damaged it’s popped out of shape, the front is totally bent and the decal on one side is cut - the playfield won’t sit in the cabinet and the game is unplayable.

Alan the cabinet is damaged it’s popped out of shape, the front is totally bent and the decal on one side is cut - the playfield won’t sit in the cabinet and the game is unplayable.
Then my friend you have a 2hr min job on your hands and don't forget to order the receiver and no need for a stream of how to.

I wish you all the Luck or just give it to Phill and let him do it as I had to for a customer of mine

Back
Top Bottom