What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It’s the big one: TPF 2023 - has there ever been such a schedule!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I think it's a style designed to hide vomit stains. My old university carpet used to hide ash from ciggies - people would walk around just flicking it on the floor and you couldn't tell.
You tend to find all conference centre carpets have crazy patterns - it’s not for vomit though more for coffee spillage.

That is interesting to hear and on looking at the layout I did wonder if it would play a bit slow.

What didn’t you like about it? It’s a shame, as it looks amazing.

it does play fast but every shot is a safe shot - it’s almost impossible to lose the ball - the spinner lock shot is just totally freaking bIzarre to me also! No idea what they were thinking.

When you look at spooky games from a shots/ gameplay POV probably Alice cooper is their best game (parking TNA given they had nothing to do with the design) And the reason for that is Bowen’s influence on the game. Spooky lacks someone who knows pinball beyond chucking 25c in a game and hitting start and on their last two games it really shows with games that have constant mechanical niggles and confusing/unfun play.

All the other manufacturers have some either outstanding players working for them or atleast decent players.

there are a lot of folks who buy pinball who like things more in the pinball machine than the actual gameplay and for spooky (and JJP) that’s probably a good thing, those people tend to be **** at pinball also so this game is made for them for sure. Scooby is very pretty and no doubt the art, sound and theme is 10/10 but the game is a 1/10 for me. If you like pretty, easy and ultimately boring games then get an order in with Phil now.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh and there is a pinball machine with shots, some weird guys with guns and a load of weird **** on the screen that is supposed to make you feel like a gangster, made me feel more like a grandad but the shots are ok atleast. (read more in the godfarter thread). the game has potential from a layout POV if they can get someone to code it right.

IMG_3010.JPGIMG_3006.JPGIMG_3007.JPGIMG_3008.JPGIMG_3009.JPGIMG_3010.JPGIMG_3012.JPGIMG_3014.JPGIMG_3015.JPGIMG_3016.JPGIMG_3017.JPG

Thanks for providing such informative information (and photos) on Scooby, Godfather, Foo Fighters, etc, @Neil McRae 😃

those people tend to be **** at pinball also so this game is made for them for sure. Scooby is very pretty and no doubt the art, sound and theme is 10/10 but the game is a 1/10 for me.

It’s worth mentioning that being **** at pinball doesn’t automatically mean you’re going to enjoy pins with easy shots where it’s difficult to lose the ball. However, there’s definitely a significant (home collector) market for that type of pin, and it makes sense for small manufacturers to go for it.

Fathom- Marty and the other guy who owns Haggis is here with a couple of fathoms and Celts. Fathom with the new code is pretty cool. I didn't get to play it yet but watched someone else play.

IMG_3023.JPG
IMG_3024.JPG
IMG_3025.JPG

Also I got to play Galactic tank - only three balls but it’s a fantastic game - the shows and flow on it is fantastic and I’ve ordered one. I would definitely consider this game. Ignore the BS around it.

How frequently do those questionable live action videos appear on the display?

How frequently do those questionable live action videos appear on the display?

there are over 200 clips made for the game, they are there and are part of the game, but like most stuff on LCD you only notice it at certain points of the game. I think writing this off based on those clips is silly. The game is much better than that.

In case you are wondering why no play footage - well I always ask before I film and make sure the folks I’m filming know what I’m going to do with the footage - apart from spooky and Haggis none of them wanted play footage ahead of tomorrow - of course I could just wander up and take photos and videos send them to my friends and post them on the Internet but is much better to build relationships with the organisations who are making the games. Even when the management of a few of them I may not agree with.

Last edited by a moderator:
there are over 200 clips made for the game, they are there and are part of the game, but like most stuff on LCD you only notice it at certain points of the game. I think writing this off based on those clips is silly. The game is much better than that.

Thanks Neil, good to know. I'm not writing the game off because of the clips, but I'm certainly more hesitant to jump in. I'm not a fan of the FMV style, and I can imagine them really grating after a while. I'm looking forward to seeing gameplay as I think the playfield looks great, but the clips have definitely dampened my initial enthusiasm.

So @stumblor and I had a game of godfather - both us bit meh on the game but Dave saying he thinks the flippers are still not great but from my POV they are 10000 times better for sure.

it has one cool mech around the compound multiball area where you can hit the ball back and forward - the mech had an issue and Eric came over to adjust it and he showed me how it worked - quite a cool design. So after a few more games GTF is a better game than GNR no doubt about that and loads better than Toy Story. with someone like lyman (RIP) or elwin on the code for this - it could be an epic game but unfortunately it’s just ruined by a mess of over lit confusion and complexity. it plays long because there are so many multiballs. Would I buy it - well if I knew the company making it cared about customers then maybe - would I put it in the UK Open line up - with some tweaks yes.

If you are a JJP fan you’ll like this game.

15CB7FFA-6058-432A-BE5D-09EEF0064B41.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom