What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Haggis Pinball Fathom Revisited

I check the Pinside thread now and again, people are starting to be asked for full payment, some want evidence e.g. pictures of them being made before they send their money. It shouldn't be hard to post photos if there is something to show.

no photos? hmm i guess they’re too busy making em.
Yep, that's what the cheerleaders keep saying. It wouldn't surprise me if it was Damian and maybe 1 or 2 other people making them, probably build a couple a week.

Some people have bought a 'Series Ticket' which is a deposit (£3400?) on the 4 remaining future titles, of which you don't know what they are or when they will be built. Most people will be dead and buried by the time that 5th game gets released.

Yes but as soon as the address line (the inhibit pin ) for that chip goes back to high then all the 16 outputs are set to zero. The data lines are set, maybe also the inhibits then the strobe fires which reads the data then presents to the output on any chip where inhibit is low. It could possibly strobe first then set the inhibit flag afterwards???? - hmm

1649971994511.png

This was posted three weeks ago:

To be honest, I would trust this guy with my cash more than Andrew Heighway and Robert from Deepthroat.

Supply chain is terrible currently, we all know big companies like Jaquar/Land Rover have laid people off as they can not get components. Currently certain plastics is hard to source. Even chrome plate has gone thru the roof in cost.

Looking at Damien at Haggis he has already done more than most small companies. Not a fan of Celts but he has sold some. Who cares if its in Oz only? Anyone here made a better pinball machine??? (@Sven Normansson and Mark Squires put your hands down....).

Has anyone heard of issues with any of the build quality?

According to this - Celts have reached the USA.

I’m a big fan of fathom anyway, so bit biased
But these look stunning, would love to play one, one day

have to say there is alot of CPU power for a game like fathom! if you think of the bally MPU board LOL

have to say there is alot of CPU power for a game like fathom! if you think of the bally MPU board LOL
Yes but it is running two video screens on the apron. The PC JJP put in WoZ barely had enough power in it. Best to have head room and use the same boardsets in every one of your games.

It is all FAST board set. Looks pretty good in my opinion. Fair play to the guy. He has done more than Deeproot and already equalled Heighway in game output, and let's not mention homepin....... If something bad was to happen to Haggis - at least you can get replacement boards easily.

He also has the option to do five more remakes so I wish him all the best.

the video screens are stupid, don't understand why you would put them in - Fathom doesn't need it! A whole load of expense when you could have run this of a beagle board or PI.

the game looks excellent I just hope if they do Flash Gordon they don't put all that junk in the bottom of the cabinet for it.

Neil.

be intresting to see if they get the licence for flash gordon,due to it being a film tie-in,I would have thought Centaur would be the next obvious choice for them

Which makes them buyable, an argument Heighway didn't listen to.
I think we both had arguments that did not get listened to!

the video screens are stupid, don't understand why you would put them in - Fathom doesn't need it! A whole load of expense when you could have run this of a beagle board or PI.

the game looks excellent I just hope if they do Flash Gordon they don't put all that junk in the bottom of the cabinet for it.

Neil.
I think they have the chance of doing another 5 or 6. But remember, you do not have to buy one. I think it looks great and its perfectly logical to have all your games on the same boardset.
A1 to Damien.

In the UK you are buying thru Phil Palmer, so you have absolutely no worries and your money is safe.

I am excited to see these now. More than CC if I have to be honest.

If I was to be negative at all, the call outs ...are they really needed with the apron LCDs? They jar on me like the Super Hoops ones.

If I was lucky enough to own one, would they really bother me (I think not ;))

I'm going to sound like a right miserable tw*t here but.....I really don't like it :( It's just not Fathom to me. The callouts are god awful, the music just doesn't fit (it's trying to be TNA), the crazy lighting is too much and as Phil says, the flipper strength is all wrong. I have an original Fathom so that is obviously colouring my opinion and I appreciate I'm probably in the minority but it's just too far from an 81 Bally for me.

Sorry Keef ;) I'd much rather have a beautifully restored original from @new forest pinball than this remake!

Hi Chris, @ronsplooter
I completely agree, ask anyone that knows me , I absolutely love the original.
My two complaints were original comparative based. The call-outs originally I thought was the guy shooting the video 🤣🤣🤣 if that’s the game then it’s slightly concerning me!
Trying to remain positive. Thing is Chris. Finding a nice original under 5k these days is virtually impossible. And rightly so👍🏼 although I do know of a very tidy original fathom for sale (very regrettably I might add) that comes with new pimp stencils, new plastics etc……😎
Hopefully no crazy Aussie callouts if you opt to play the original fathom…..
“G’day mate! Dive! G’day mate! Dive Fathom!”🤣

I'm going to sound like a right miserable tw*t here but.....I really don't like it :( It's just not Fathom to me. The callouts are god awful, the music just doesn't fit (it's trying to be TNA), the crazy lighting is too much and as Phil says, the flipper strength is all wrong. I have an original Fathom so that is obviously colouring my opinion and I appreciate I'm probably in the minority but it's just too far from an 81 Bally for me.

Sorry Keef ;) I'd much rather have a beautifully restored original from @new forest pinball than this remake!
I think its playing the new game, I wonder how it is when playing the classic game. I have a nice original too so not on my list especially given the price but if I didn't have one, the idea of unboxing a new Fathom is very appealing.

Back
Top Bottom