What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Haggis Pinball Fathom Revisited

Is it an upgraded one or a normal?

Perhaps serial numbers are:
001 - 250 - Mermaid edition
251 - 750 - Normal.

It could be the 49th normal one ordered....????
Could be. Even selling 50 standards I think is pretty decent for a boutique manufacturer.

I reckon they have sold more than 1 celts like Neil had said. It was a cheap pin in Australia compared to the sterns.

Could be. Even selling 50 standards I think is pretty decent for a boutique manufacturer.

I reckon they have sold more than 1 celts like Neil had said. It was a cheap pin in Australia compared to the sterns.
Celts are being manufactured still and orders are getting sent out and collected directly from factory.

Who cares how many they make? Todd Tuckey said on one of his live shows that Damien has the rights to do 6 of the old Bally remakes.

Fair play to him.

I am pretty sure that that number 300 is just an order number that increments with each new order. Haggis sell key rings and hats as well as Celts and Fathom, so I doubt it says anything about how many Fathoms specifically have been ordered.

Amazing stuff. Massive respect to these guys for setting up such a complex manufacturing operation in such little time. Clever dudes.
I can name other companies who should of done all of this....
I just wonder where the investment came from? Some serious kit !!!!

Good luck. He is apologising for being a week late on something. How many months are deeproot behind.

Good timing as only this morning I was reading over on the Pinside thread the natives were getting restless.

Customers will tolerate and are forgiving of delays so long as you keep them informed and are truthful, which it looks like Haggis are doing.

yep i’ve already made my feelings known about that coin door. I love looking down my line of bally ss’s and the matching coin doors. So i’m gonna have to get an original fathom. 😂

I don’t fancy splashing £8-9k then taking my saw to the cabinet front. woodworking isn’t my thing.

hey but maybe they could cut a front for me to take a proper bally coin door?

All this talk of licensing and copyright, trademarks etc has got me eagle eyed. A few years ago someone from australia contacted me regarding my segment display controller firmware and boards. The number of 300 or so needed was mentioned. I sent a couple over to test with, but never heard anything again.

Now i look at this game and see some very similar looking display controls and the tell tale single zero displayed for no score.. Hmmmmmm

I plan to pick one up cheap when everyone realises it’s the same game as Fathom 😅

It won't be the same as Fathom. 40 year old Fathoms are still working, every spare part you could want for them has been manufactured in the last 5 years. Folk with a soldering iron can fix them. You can buy a shot to pieces Vector or similar era game and salvage bits for it.

If Haggis Fathom is still working in 40 years time, with similar parts availability, I will be surprised.

TMS5200 chips,. So no, not every part and your s&t board is roached without one.

New S& T boards are available from me and have been for a good few years, although in first come first serve batches of 25, :) but yes and TMS5200 chip are not cheap to or easy to get hold of. Last order i got was for 100 TM5200 and the bill was 'interesting' to say the least!!

Back
Top Bottom