What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Haggis Pinball Fathom Revisited

Such a shame the 2.0 version of the rules is only available in the Premium version that's limited to 250. Machine looks gorgeous but they've missed the mark big time by not including updated rules in the standard release.

All about the money money money, how much to your door?
Cool game but if it’s £6k you really need to want one!

7K (?) for a fathom! Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

And they want a 10% non refundable deposits up front when the first game they have created still hasn’t shipped!

Then they want to try and lock you into 6K for the next 4 games!

If I was certain that t would arrive I’d probably order it but these guys nice though they are only one step on the ladder...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I reckon they will change the 2.0 code eventually in the standard before release.

Great to see this from them. Pretty incredible what they have achieved without robbing people of cash. Let's hope they sell enough to keep going

The most beautiful pinball machine of all time.

Not sure that there are many buyers of early 80s SS games, but at least these Aussie guys are having a go.

Nonetheless, if you want a Fathom, I would advise that you buy a proper one made by Bally. Mine is still running 40 years on. I doubt these repros will be as dependable

The most beautiful pinball machine of all time.

Not sure that there are many buyers of early 80s SS games, but at least these Aussie guys are having a go.

Nonetheless, if you want a Fathom, I would advise that you buy a proper one made by Bally. Mine is still running 40 years on. I doubt these repros will be as dependable
Totally. Lovely looking machine. I know if I was seriously considering the re-manufacturing of old machine I'd have to look at potential demand.

I mean, what's the going price of an original in shed to mintest of mint condition in the UK? £1.5K > £3K?
So if it was £3K for a beauty why would anyone want one at £6K? £6K buys you a lot of other pin treasure or am I missing something?

Totally. Lovely looking machine. I know if I was seriously consider the demand if I was looking at re-manufacturing of old machine.

I mean, what's the going price of an original in shed to mintest of mint condition in the UK? £1.5K > £3K?
So if it was £3K for a beauty why would anyone want one at £6K? £6K buys you a lot of other pin treasure or am I missing something?
Yes, how often do you see one for sale?

its a new pin , just because it isn't all modes and whistles you cant take away its still a good game but all new, pinball and the prices are totally irrelevant. it is stunning and tbh i think id quite like a line up of classics as opposed to lcd screens , ps i cant stand lcd pinballs is its just horses for courses i guess, yes its 6 k bout its not anole fathom fixed its a brand new machine inside and out and still less than a beatles

A mint restored Fathom is going to cost a fair bit more than 3K @Dex-Jay I'd have said anywhere from 4.5K to 6K depending on the quality of the work. Be interesting to see what they're doing for boards and mechs for this remake. I assume playfields, backglasses and plastics will be CPR

Really Kev, I did not know that! That seems a bit daft to me when you could buy those parts in. Unless they can manufacture their own for way cheaper and I guess they're already set up for it from the previous game. Still a strange choice as they'll have to do all of the artwork corrections that CPR would have already done. Are they going to make their own in line drop target mechs as well do you know?

There’s a massive early 80s Bally collector market in the USA. Lots of top end restorations for centaur, fathom, ebd, Flash Gordon, Medusa etc etc so they will sell fine.

I sell 99% of the my new S&T sound boards to the USA to.

I agree. To me it looks as though the straight remake is there to make you opt for the mermaid version with the extended rules and extra bling for 1k or so more. The plan is to make 250 of those. 250 mermaid versions and then however many originals to the hard core collectors I reckon they'll do this easy.

It'll be interesting to see how quickly they're able to fulfil orders though this is a big jump from celts.

Also I think they need to read the room and make the extended ruleset available in the stock version.

All in all really excited about this. Remaking the old classics is a great inroad for new pinball producers like haggis to get a start on manufacturing. Aussies too. 👍

Last edited:
I remember watching Haggis videos when he was testing the water and making stuff in his workshop and learning, that wasn’t that long ago so fair play for getting the rights to remake this and getting Celts out the door.
I just want a beat up original one if possible😎

Getting the rights?

Dials PPS - ring ring

Hello
butt pluG?
Who?
Oh sorry that’s a different gag- can I speak to Rick?
Sure
Ring ring
Rick here
Rick I want to remake fathom
How many games?
Say 1000
Oh that’ll be $100,000
Really?
Ok it’s 10K up front and I get treefiddy for every game you ship?
Butt plug
Say what?
Oh ok Rick.
Send me the paperwork

I am super excited but these guys have shipped one Celts that doesn’t work right...

Where have we seen someone talk about a second game whilst people have paid for the first game?!

Danger danger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom