What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big thanks and congrats to Yeun for organising (and an extra congrats for winning - goes to show that the best players pull it out of the bag despite having to TD and watch the kids:) and also thanks to Claire for helping out.
Had a great time (despite my performances flip-flopping between good and terrible he he) and the venue was more comfortable than expected; nice to have some fans on to keep the temp down and a great atmosphere. Was good to be able to grab a coffee nearby when waiting in between rounds and to be able to get some fresh air, rather than being cramped.

Was great that everything finished on time (apologies for not sticking around for the final - wife was waiting nearby to go to dinner) - would defo go again, as easy to get to, well run, got atmos, places to have lunch nearby and for me personally, one day events are probably my limit going forward and so nice to have something which doesn't take over the whole weekend.

As a side note; enjoyed Bond 60th after a couple of games, but overall prefer Beatles out of the two old school type games. Foo Fighters is growing on me - need to play more:thumbs:

My only suggestion would be that I would prefer slightly looser tilts and shorter ball saves, particularly without a chance to practice beforehand and get a feel of exactly how tight they were on some machines. I say that as someone who generally stands there like a bump on a log and hardly touches the machines due to years on vPins, but I thought it was a shame to see quite a few games decided on questionable tilts. Just my $0.02.

A little late but still want to say a big thanks to Yuen, Claire and the Funland crew. Very glad to have made the journey. I'd definitely be interested in doing it again, if only to check if I'm still in the 'Fab Four' on Beatles 😄

Back
Top Bottom